Hogwarts Novitas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In a realm of magic, anything is possible.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Novitas! Please read all of the information in the "Starting Out" forum. Hogwarts is now OPEN. Diagon Alley/Hogsmeade will remain open for a week. Happy posting.  - Wizard God

Ollivanders Term 1

Go down 
+19
Marie Wilde
Noah Grayson
Leighton Vladimir
Vanessa Lopez
Terry Berbatov
Anthony McGuire
Jasmine Delaware
Kyra Henderson
Emily Sparrow
Jenn Black
Adreis Conners
Makayla Hall
Elise Hamilton
Samuel Jude Parker III
Brianna Carter
Allison Walker
Gwen Cooper
James Wilson
Peter Wiggin
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Ollivanders Term 1 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ollivanders Term 1   Ollivanders Term 1 - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 4:55 pm

The sound of the door opening into the dusty old shop was loud in the eerily quiet room behind. Seth stepped in slowly, his face carefully blank, as he looked around. He subdued the flash of annoyance that threatened to burst through when the shop remained empty. The door said open, so clearly someone was here. That the someone chose not to react to unignorable and unpleasantly loud klinging sound the door made, was purely theatrical, and Seth had little patient for that.
Still he politely waited in front of the desk, asking himself for about the 12th time in the last hour, why exactly he couldn't have gotten a wand with that wandmaker in Germany last summer. He had thought that he could just as well use his practice wand for another year, and thus keep to the tradition of buying your wand at Ollivander's when you went to Hogwarts.
Ridiculous really, since it wasn't at all a tradition in his family.
He tensed when a sound came from behind him. Looking back, a creepy old man was standing there, looking at him. He took a deep breath and smiled serenely. "Hello. I am in need of a new wand. I believe you can help me with that?"
The man - Ollivander probably if the name of the shop indicated anything - got candles in his eyes, immidiatly browsing the shelfs muttering to himself. What a loon.

Seth cleared his throat.
"May I suggest to look for one with Pine wood?"
The man gave him a questioning gaze, but Seth offered no explanation.

He was right though, the end result was a 11 inch pine with thestral hair. A lovely combination of two opposites, as Ollivander said. Personally Seth thought it fit him rather well, what with both the omniousness of Thestral and the creativity from the pine. He would make sure to use both.
Back to top Go down
Vanessa Lopez
First Year
Vanessa Lopez

PostSubject: Re: Ollivanders Term 1   Ollivanders Term 1 - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 7:46 pm

Vanessa had recently entered Diagon Alley, and it was suffice to say that she was flabbergasted. She browsed the many shops with her parents along with the ride until she reached the place she had most looked foward to; she was going to get her wand.
The door opened with a slight creak as if the hinges had not been oiled recently, and she walked in somewhat apprehensively.
She was greeted with nothing more than an almost eerie silence and the shuffling of papers, disturbed from the door's moving. If it weren't for the all-consuming desire to get her wand, she didn't think she could stand another minute in the place.

"A Hogwarts student, no?"

Vanessa turned to the voice of an old man, shuffling his way towards her.

"Y-yes," she looked down at her feet, "I w-w-want to g-get my wand," she finally stuttered out at last. Since she was very young, she had always had trouble speaking to anyone other than family.

"Well, I'm sure I've got just the right thing for you, miss-" he broke off for a second, "Dear, what is your name? I am Mr. Ollivander."
"N-nice to meet you, Mr. Olliander. I-I-I'm Vanessa"
That had probably been one of the hardest things she had done her whole life.

With a polite smile, the man name Mr. Ollivander went off behind a shelf with many different little boxes. When he returned, he had several of those small grey boxes in his arm.
"One of these should do"
Vanessa nodded mutely.
Mr.Ollivander took out, what she assumed was a wand, and handed it to her. She took it, and was unsurprised to see her hand shaking. However, when her fingers closed around the wand, she felt an immediate warmth spread through her fingertips up to her arm.

"Ah it seems this is one. Nice one it is, too. Willow, nine and a half inches, Unicorn hair."

She'd found her wand!
At that moment, it was if the warmth she had felt in her fingers had spread to her very core.
She had worried for months and month, but maybe she did belong in this world...
Back to top Go down
Leighton Vladimir
Third Year
Leighton Vladimir

PostSubject: Re: Ollivanders Term 1   Ollivanders Term 1 - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 8:06 pm

Leighton walked into Ollivanders with Alyxander and was surprised to see barely anyone in there at the moment. Leigh leaned her head slightly and saw an old man with slightly frayed hair sorting through long boxes.
Alyx cleared his throat, also been a very impatient person. Ollivander glanced up from his work with wide blue eyes. "Ah! A costumer! Nice, very nice indeed!" he exclaimed while walking over toward Leigh and Alyx. He glanced down at Leigh. "You must be the costumer!"
Leigh smiled slightly. "Yes I am." Just after Leighton said that, another measuring tape flew out from behind the desk and began measuring her. Alyxander shot her a smug look, which Leigh returned to with a glare.
The measurer disappeared with a pop and Ollivander beamed. "Alright! Lets try the first wand!" He ran over to the ladder and jumped on it. The slid down the case of wands. He suddenly stopped, which caused Alyx and Leighton to jump in shock from the loud sound.
Ollivander grabbed one case and slowly slid it out. He jumped off of the ladder and walked toward Leighton. While he opened the case, Leigh stood on her tiptoes to see the wand.
It was pretty, but had too much of a nature feel to it. "Ten and a half inches, Bonsai and veela hair." Ollivander said, his voice trying to add that starstuck tone to it.
Alyx and Leigh both cringed at the stereo-typical girly girl sound to it. Leigh has always been a tomboy and she expected someone with blonde hair and blue eyes to buy this wand. But, since Leigh didn't want to be rude, she reached out a grabbed the wand.
Yet, before she could even grasped it in her hand, it burst into flames. Leigh and Alyx both let out a yelp, while Ollivander just looked at the ashes with pity. "Obviously, not the right wand."
Leigh glared at the man. "You think?" she snapped. Leighton didn't appreciate the man giving her something that could potentially hurt her before she could even cast a spell.
Alyx pinched her side, warning her to watch her attitude. But, luckily, Ollivander was already on a mission to find her another wand.
Six wands and thirty minutes later, Ollivander came from an old part of the store with a case covered in dust.
Leigh and Alyxander were both fed up with Ollivander and was very ready to forfeit his whole mission. When they heard Ollivander's heavy footsteps, they both looked up while shooting daggers at him with their eyes.
Ollivander also looked sick of the two Vladimir children. "I made this wand awhile back, not thinking anyone would buy this. Hopefully, this wand is right for you."
Ollivander opened the case and pulled out a very attractive wand. It was dark in color and smooth in texture. There were vein like engravings on the wand along with loops and curls. "Twelve inches, willow and Therstal hair. Willow symbolizes dreams and inner vision." he said as he handed the wand to Leighton.
The minute Leighton had her grasp on the wand, she felt an odd electrical surge rush through her. It felt right it her hand and she felt like she could do anything with this wand.
Ollivander noticed the smirk on her face. "Why don't you try to cast a spell with it?"
Leigh decided to go with a simple spell that she could do without a wand. She turned to a small chair in the corner of the store. "Engorgio." she murmured softly.
The once small chair suddenly turned into a much larger chair. "And there you go!" Ollivander exclaimed with a very large grin as he pushed the two out of the store.
Once out of the store, Leigh turned toward Alyx. "Lets go look for a kitten!"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ollivanders Term 1   Ollivanders Term 1 - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 7:54 pm

"Hello, and what is your name?" Mr. Ollivander asked Alyssa after she waited quietly in line.

"I'm Alyssa." she replied confidently.

After muttering a few things to himself, Mr. Ollivander headed into the bustle of shelves. He returned with one box, a dusty one.

I hope I'm not getting something 'traditional', Lyssa thought as Mr. Ollivander pushed the wand towards her. Reluctantly, Alyssa pulled out a small wand, and gave it a small flick. The nearby candles lit up.

"How lovely!" He exclaimed with delight, "But an interesting combination. Nine inches, Oak and Veela hair."

Hmm, guess it'll work, Alyssa thought as she paid for the wand and exited.

"Lyss! There you are, I've been looking all over for you!" Lily exclaimed.

"I got my wand." Alyssa replied,
Back to top Go down
Noah Grayson
Second Year
Noah Grayson

PostSubject: Re: Ollivanders Term 1   Ollivanders Term 1 - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 9:38 pm

Noah knew where he wanted to go next, Ollivander's, he wanted his wand and he wanted to do it while his dad wasn't watching him. He had heard that to find the right one that you had to try lots of different wands first and he didn't want his dad there when he messed everything up. He knew that he would just laugh.

Noah stared around at the numerous shelves as he entered the shop, there were multitudes of boxes stacked up high to the ceiling and looking through a curtain behind the desk he saw that there were many more shelves out the back. Looking around he couldn't see the shop keeper anywhere, but just before he was about to tap the bell on the desk an elderly man stepped out from the back area.

"Well if my eyes don't deceive me," he smiled at the boy, Noah looked up at the man pushing the hair out of his eyes with a quizzical look, "Another young Mr Grayson I assume," a confused look spread across the young boys face but he nodded, the elderly man chuckled, "Always remember your father's visit, one of the few to destroy a set of shelves with the first wand I give them, and you look just like he did when he came looking for his wand, mind you, his hair was a bit shorted that yours, could do with a cut if I don't say so myself." The elder man tapped the boy on the head with his wand and headed out the back again.

"Um excuse me?" Noah called out, "I came to..."

"You came to get a wand, yes I know," a voice echoed from the back, "I'm looking for you one right now..." the voice trailed off to low mumbling that Noah could barely hear. "Ah here we go, we'll start here." Noah jumped at the sound of the voice behind him, he hadn't notice the man come from out the back, but somehow he was now up a ladder pulling out several boxes from a top shelf.

He watched the old man walk back to the counter and stack the boxes up to the side, he took the first one and held it out for Noah to take, "Go on, take it, it's not gonna bit," Noah looked at the man with eager eyes and reached out his hand to take the wand, but before he could take it one of the shelves behind the counter began to wobble and he quickly withdrew. "Hmm maybe not," the man murmured.

This process carried on for a while, with Noah even setting the poor man's beard on fire. He was starting to get desperate and the pile of discarded wands was getting bigger and bigger. He was losing hope of ever finding the right wand, when the man had to go out the back to fetch another stack for the fourth time he hoped that his want would be one of these.

"Well, well, lets see," the man scanned down the labels of the boxes he had returned with, "perhaps this one." Noah reached out to take the wand with one eye shut just incase he cause yet another explosion, but as soon as he touched the wood of the wand he could feel it. It was as if he had found a lost friend, he could feel the slight tingle of the magic and there was a sort of warmth that came from the wand. He let a side grin creep across his face as a jet of red sparks emitted from the end.

"We have a winner," the old man chuckled, "11 inch Cedar with Phoenix feather core seems to have chosen you."

"Thank you Sir," he beamed, "It's perfect."

Noah pocketed the wand and thanked the man again, he also apologised for all the hassle he had caused before leaving the shop. Ready for his next stop.
Back to top Go down
Marie Wilde
Second Year
Marie Wilde

PostSubject: Re: Ollivanders Term 1   Ollivanders Term 1 - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 10:37 am

"Ah, Miss Wilde, good to see that you have finally made it".

The voice had caught the girl off guard, and really there was no reason why. Marie had just stepped inside Ollivanders shop when she had been greeted by the man, who only appeared to her eye a moment later his voice had come.

"I-I came to get a wand," she said, shaking her head right after. Ofcourse she was there for a wand, IT WAS Ollivanders Wand Shop after all.

"Yes, yes Miss Wilde, come on through and we will find the right one. Or rather, the wand will find you".

After what seemed like five hours, she held the wand in hand.

"Interesting combination, 9 1/2 inches oak with veela hair".

Marie didn't know what was the difference between all the wands, and made a mental note to read up on that information. Pocketing her new companion, she thanked the man, and exited the shop, ready to officially start her shopping.

Next stop, Madam Malkin's.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ollivanders Term 1   Ollivanders Term 1 - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 10:52 pm

Amanda had come to Diagon Alley an ha decided to begin her shopping trip at Ollivander's. Walking in to the shop she made her way quietly to the front desk. "Hello sir." She sadi brushing the hair out of her eyes.

The odd old man smiled at her slightly, turning back around he searched the shelves for a moment. Pulling down a box he opened it up and pulled out a wand. "Try this." He said holding it out to her.

Amanda took the wand the man offered and gave it a slight flick. She watched all the papers on his desk flew off, looking up with wide eyes she knew this wasn't the wand for her. "Not that one." The man said taking the wand back and offering her another one.

After three more wands, or was it four? The man handed her a wand that prduced a small shower of yellow sparks. "Pine." He stated. "Eleven inches, With a Dragon Heartstring core."
Back to top Go down
Benjamin Tyler
First Year
Benjamin Tyler

PostSubject: Re: Ollivanders Term 1   Ollivanders Term 1 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 1:47 am

His mother insisted on him going forst to Ollivander's before they went to the quidditch store, he wasn't going to argue, cause his mother was having that tone when you should know better than to say something different from what she wants to hear, he had learn to recognize thet tone and fear it, it ususally only came when his sister and him were fighting.

Reluctantly, he entered the shop, looking around; He felt a small rush of adrenaline looking at all of those wands, one of those would pick him, and he would get to control his magic, he smiled, all his thoughts of quidditch gone.

Walking up to the counter, he noticed the odd man standing there with several boxes on top of the desk. the man grabbed one with his long thin fingers and opened it before him "go ahead, take it an flick it" he said encouraging him; controling the shaking of his hand, he picked the wand and flicked it, making the box in the man's hands explode "I'm sorry!" he exclaimed with terror putting the wand down on the desk.

"Don't worry young man, it's quite alright" he said offering a new box "try this one". Benjamin looked at the man wondering if he was in his right mind, what if with this one he not only exploded the box, but the man along with it? "go on" the man insisted, so he picked the wand, and flicked it, getting similar results. They repeated that same process (without the doubtness) with similiar results, and Benjamin was starting to wonder if there was even a wand for him.

Finally, after copious amounts of explosions and different wands, he picked one, and felt an energy wave through him, flicking it, some golden sparks burst out of it "ajha! we have a winner" said the man "there you go, a nice sturdy oak wand, with phoenix feather core, 11 inches, all for you young man, use it wisely" he said with a wink.

Benjamin couldn't help the grin on his face, he was now a real proper wizard, he had a wand!, and a really cool one if he had something to say about it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ollivanders Term 1   Ollivanders Term 1 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 5:56 pm

Scorpius walked in happily into Ollivander's. This was one shop he couldn't wait for, he could finally get his own wand! His Father wanted to come with him, but he asked him to go alone. This was one shop where he just wanted to experience getting his own wand by himself. Don't ask him why, because he didn't know, but he did. "Hello. I'm here for a wand as you can possibly tell." He said smiling, letting his good mood slip past his mask. Perhaps that was one reason why he didn't want his family around, they would probably chide him afterwards. He waited for the Shop Clerk, who took a wand out of it's box and put it into his hand, before immediately snatching it back "No, No good." The Clerk muttered. This continued for several minutes, and some wands felt colder in his hand, as if they were made for others. all of a sudden, his hand felt warm. "There is your wand young sir. Maple and Unicorn hair, nine and a half inches." The Shop Clerk stated.

"Thank you sir!" Scorpius said cheerfully, before walking cheerfully out the shop, before following his Father to Flourish and Blotts, which was their next stop.
Back to top Go down
Sydney Manette
Second Year
Sydney Manette

PostSubject: Re: Ollivanders Term 1   Ollivanders Term 1 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 7:42 pm

Sydney walked around Diagon Alley. Well, running would be a more accurate word. He ran through the crowded streets with his parents and younger siblings in tow.
"I don't care about all that other junk. I just want my wand!" he yelled behind him in the general direction of his parents. As he ran, people turned and gave him dirty looks, often yelling after him. ("Watch where you're going, kid!")
He thought he heard an exasperated sigh from his mother, but couldn't be sure, so he continued down the streets until he was in front of the famed "Ollivanders"
He stopped in front of the door until his parents caught up to him, out of breath and slightly annoyed. "C'mon, let's go!"
In his excitement, he nearly tore the door off its hinges as it was thrown open with a grand flourish and slammed into the wall beside it.
Immediately, he heard a shuffling sound that sounded a lot like footsteps draw nearer. Following the sound, came an old man with a curious and amused expression.
"Child, was it you making all that racket?"
Sydney only grinned in response, but it was all the old wandmaker needed.

"We apologize if it disturbed you, Mr. Ollivander."

The old man tore his gaze away from the vivacious little boy, and turned it towards the child's parents. He only met their eyes for a second before turning away and saying, "No,no. I was already planning to come to the front, anyway. He only made me that much faster at going about it," then without turning to him he said to Sydney, "I assume you are here for a wand? I think I have just the one for you".

Mr. Ollivander came back with a small box in his hands to see Sydney Manette bouncing on the balls of his feet; much to excited to stay still.
"Here, try this," he said handing it to the boy.
Sydney grabbed it excitedly and was overjoyed when he felt a warmth spread down from his fingertips. Purple sparks flew from the tips, and he heard his parents congratulating him on finding his wand.
"Good, good. It seems that Elm wood 10 and a half inches with Dragon Heartstring is a perfect match for you. Treat it well."
Sydney smiled a dimpled smile, "I sure will, old man"
"Sydney! Be a little more polite to your elders,"scolded his mother from beside him.
Mr. Ollivander only chuckled; suddenly reminded of another young man from a long time ago...
He watched as the boy and his family walked out of his shop very content, and wondered how that boy would fare in his Hogwarts life. If he's anything like James Potter, he'll probably be fine...

Back to top Go down
Pierre Korsten
Fourth Year
Pierre Korsten

PostSubject: Re: Ollivanders Term 1   Ollivanders Term 1 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 8:18 pm

Pierre entered the musty shop, looking around as he sneezed from all of the dusty lingering. His parents were getting ice cream, leaving the eleven year old to get his own supplies as he wanted. He went to the counter, still looking around the shop with interest.

"May I help you, young man?" an old man asked, suddenly appearing.

Pierre jumped in surprise. "Oh, um, I'm looking for a wand." he said awkwardly.

"Of course....try this one..."

Pierre had gone through dozens of wands before the man thrust one last wand on his hand. "Oak and dragon heartstrings, twelve and 3/4 inches. Give it a wave," the man said.

Pierre took the wand and felt a feeling of warmth spread through his arm. Waving it, he smiled as fireworks burst out from the tip.

He left happy, ready to start the rest of his shopping.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ollivanders Term 1   Ollivanders Term 1 - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 5:00 pm

Rowan looked up at the shop before her, preparing herself to enter. It was a shabby and narrow shop, with a single dusty glass window. You could just make out the wand on display through the window, and Rowan squinted at it through the glass before turning back to the door.

"Come on, Rowan! I want to get to the more exciting stuff!" her little brother said impatiently, tapping his foot as he stood near the door. Rowan shot her brother a glare that shot daggers. "Oh, shut it. I'm just looking. It's not my fault mum and dad said I had to drag you along," she scolded, walking over to the small black-haired boy and placing a hand on his head. "Let's go, then," she said, ruffling his hair with a malicious grin, knowing how her brother hated it when she did that. Mason's hatred of his hair being touched proved strong as he yelled out and batted her hands away. Rowan grinned as she opened the door for him and stood to the side, waiting for him to walk through. She glanced up at the letters written on the door in fading gold letters. Ollivanders: Makers of Wands since 382 B.C.

She had been waiting for a very long time to get her very own wand, and now she would finally be getting one. Ollivanders was supposed to be the very best wand maker in Britain, so she chose to give him a chance, even if his shop was shabby and old-looking. She wouldn't admit it, but she was slightly nervous. Mason scowled and muttered something, but he walked into the shop and Rowan followed close behind. As the door closed, a soft ringing sounded from somewhere in the shop. Rowan took a look around and was surprised. It was a tiny shop, but the room seemed to contain thousands upon thousands of wands, the boxes piled nearly as high as the ceiling. It was kind of eerie because it made it seem like a study hall or something.

"Ah.. I see I have a young Mr. Drake in my presence," said a soft voice, causing both the children to turn and find themselves face-to-face with whom they could only assume was Mr. Ollivander himself. "Good afternoon," Rowan said politely, resisting the urge to cringe backwards from the man. His silvery, unblinking eyes were starting to give her the creeps. "Good afternoon to you, too. You must be his older sister, here for a wand, I see," he said, his eyes now turning on Mason. "That one there is the spitting image of your father, he is," Mr. Ollivander said, Mason looking defiantly back up at the old man. Mr. Ollivander (rightfully) turned his attention back to Rowan, who was still waiting a bit impatiently for him to get her a wand. "Hold out your wand arm, dear," he told her, pulling a tape measure from his pocket as Rowan held out her right arm. Rowan waited patiently as he measured her. Then he started walking amongst the boxes of wands, pulling down a few of them while Rowan watched.

"When can we go, Rowan? This is taking forever.." she heard her brother's whiny, but quiet voice from behind her. She glanced over her shoulder. "I don't know, but be patient. We'll be out of here soon," she muttered to him, seeing that the boy was getting a bit impatient. He gave a long, exaggerated sigh before turning away and walking to the single, spindly chair in the corner, muttering darkly as he walked away. She saw Mr. Ollivander heading towards her with a small pile of wands, taken out of their boxes. She tried four different wands (one wand causing her to accidentally shoot some of the boxes in the rear of the shop to throw themselves off their shelves) before he handed her the right one. She knew it was right because as soon as it touched her fingers, she could just feel something was right, and this proved true as a shower of glittering gold and green sparks flew out the tip of the wand, much to Mr. Ollivander's delight.

"Brilliant. Come on then, let's get this wrapped up," he said happily, and from the corner, Rowan heard Mason's gasp of excitement at his sister's display of magic. Rowan smirked triumphantly as Mr. Ollivander walked around the counter and Rowan approached it. He placed her new wand in a box and wrapped it in brown paper. "Ash and thestral hair, nine and three-quarter inches. This wand will prove to do great things, Ms. Drake. Treat it with care," Ollivander said, passing the wrapped wand box to the satisfied Rowan. "Thank you," she replied, turning away and walking to the door, her little brother following behind her, rather excitedly. Rowan felt victorious. She had finally gotten her own wand!

"Now, for the rest of our shopping," Rowan said as they exited the shop, a smirk plastered onto her face as the door closed behind them and they stepped onto the cobbled street of Diagon Alley.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ollivanders Term 1   Ollivanders Term 1 - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 5:11 pm

Ellen was excited as she walked with her brother down diagon alley. Both her parents had been busy so calum had offered to take her. The both needed their school supplies seeing as Hogwarts started in less than a week. “Wand first?” he asked her. Though he barely need to. She nodded as he led her into the little shop. An old an stood behind the counter, when he spoke, his voice was old but soft and kind.

“ahh I wondered when I would get the pleasure Miss Fairwell. Oh and Mr fairwell too. How is your wand, Hazel and unicorn hair?” he asked her brother. Calum nodded and replied “yeah it’s fine perfect in fact” The old man smiled and nodded.
“well miss Fairwell lets get started” he indicated for her to step forward and she did so. “now lets see, willow and phoenix feather nine inches, exactly” he said handing it to her. She gave it a tiny wave and a lamp n the corner smashed. “nope not that one” he said.
A few minutes later and three more wands lay on the counter next to the first. “not to worry dear we’ll find the right one” he nodded handing her another wand.
nine and three quarter inches. Pine and vela hair, one of my newer creations” he said handing it to her. At once she felt the warmth in her arm as she swished the wand a little, purple and gold sparks flew out the tip.

“it seems we have found the right wand at last. Pine wood symbolises creativity and life. The veela hair is unsurprising those veela’s like to stand out and you hair stands out in a crowd. I think a perfect match” he smiled. She thanked him and with that Ellen and Calum left the little shop.
Back to top Go down
Hester Alderman
Fifth Year
Hester Alderman

PostSubject: Ollivanders Term 1   Ollivanders Term 1 - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 12:10 pm

Hester pushed open the door to the shop. There was a creepy atmosphere, and the girl shivered.

"Excuse me," she said, wishing that her mother wasn't getting drunk in the pub and was here to help her (they'd be getting the train home for sure).

She would be a proper witch when she had a wand. She would feel properly magical.

The old man handed her a wand.
"Wave it," he said. "Go on." She waved it, but nothing happened. Nothing at all. A well of sorrow rose up inside her. Perhaps she wasn't magical at all. Perhaps it had all been a mistake.

The man just handed her another wand.

And another one.

And another one.

Eventually, he handed her a wand which, when she waved it, sent a wonderful, warm feeling from the top of her head to the tips of her toes. Red sparks shot from the end, and the little old man clapped his hands with glee.

"Oak and Dragonheart string, perfect, just perfect!"

She left the shop happy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ollivanders Term 1   Ollivanders Term 1 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ollivanders Term 1
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2