Hogwarts Novitas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In a realm of magic, anything is possible.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Novitas! Please read all of the information in the "Starting Out" forum. Hogwarts is now OPEN. Diagon Alley/Hogsmeade will remain open for a week. Happy posting.  - Wizard God

Magical Menagerie Term 1

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Samuel Jude Parker III
Second Year
Samuel Jude Parker III

Magical Menagerie Term 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magical Menagerie Term 1   Magical Menagerie Term 1 EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 10:53 pm

A regal looking raven could be seen in a golden cage in the window of the Magical Menagerie. Jude had never been in there before, but he had admired the bird when he walked past the shop earlier. Reasoning that he deserved a pet just as much as the next person, no matter how much his parents told him that animals were dirty and belonged outside rather than in the house, he decided to purchase it.

He went inside the shop and laid down fifteen galleons. "I would like to buy the raven in the window," he said in a demanding tone.

The shopkeeper had to bang around a bit, shuffling cages, but eventually he was able to get the right cage out of the window for Jude. He paid the man and left with his new pet, wondering how his parents would react.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Magical Menagerie Term 1   Magical Menagerie Term 1 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 9:37 pm

“Okay, Isabel. Pick whatever you like.”

Isabel stared about the shop in wonder, then glanced back up at her Dad. He smiled, the green eyes she shared staring back at her, and she grinned before hugging him and bouncing off to select a pet.

She’d never been allowed a pet before. She hadn’t been old enough, and the traditional pets, the likes of which you could get in stores in Glasgow, were ones her mother was allergic to. The figured, though, that now that she was going to Hogwarts, the pet would be away from her mother often enough that it wouldn’t aggravate her allergies. However, her mother still had to live with the thing for another month. That was why she avoided all cats and dogs, as these were the animals her mother was most allergic to, and instead headed towards the rodents. She’d always liked rodents; they were small, and the domesticated ones were cute and fluffy.

There were several different colors of rat; grey, black, and brown. There were two or three cages of them, and they seemed to all enjoy crawling all over each other. She giggled as they all clamored over each other when she knelt down in front of the cage, all trying to get the first look at the flame-haired girl staring into their care.

Then, from under the bedding of the cage, came a small white one. He shook his head, as though waking up from a nap, and stared at all the other rats. Obviously dubious, he huddled in a corner and ate a piece of corn.

Isabel immediately knew which one she wanted. She stood up straight and flagged down a store keeper, for once not painfully shy.

“Looking at rats?” remarked the storekeeper, bending down to get at the cage’s level. “Which one, then?”

Isabel pointed and murmured, “That one. The albino rat in the corner.”

She walked out that day with Polo happily curled at the bottom of a new carrying cage.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Magical Menagerie Term 1   Magical Menagerie Term 1 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 10:21 pm

Anne was on her way to Ollivanders when her parents stopped once again to argue. This had been going on since Anne had first gotten her letter for Hogwarts, as it soon became apparent that her mother knew more about this than she should. Apparently her mother had moved to Canada after losing her parents in the war, and decided to live like a muggle. Dad wasn't pleased to find out mom was lying to him all these years about who she was, and finding out she had a vault full of gold she hid from him at gringotts wasn't making the situation any better.

Anne tuned them out and turned to look at the shop they had stopped in front of. It said Magical Menagarie. Her mother had said something about getting an Owl, but Anne had a little spending money of her own that she had converted and she knew just what she wanted. A cat

She turned to see her parents still arguing, and slipped into the shop without them noticing. She walked up to the shopkeeper and asked him where they kept the kittens.

"Ah, like the kitties, do ya?" He aksed with a grin, leading her towards the selection of cats.

"Yes sir." She replied, distracted by all the cats in the display. She saw one that looked like the one she wanted. But when it turned it had blue eyes, and she found blue eyes quite disturbing, and not just on cats. A few moments later she saw the one she wanted, it was a mix of colors, with the most intense green eyes she had ever seen. She pointed to the cat, and asked the shop keeper

"How much is that one?"

He looked where she was pointing, "They is all 10 galleons. That tortoise shell one is a but peculiar thought, you sure she is the one you want?"

The second she heard the cat was female she was positive. The shopkeeper helped her pick up some things that cat would need and a few minutes later she was out of the shop with the kitten in her arms. Her parents hadn't even noticed she was gone. She shoved the kitten between them and said, this is Minerva. Neither of her parents looke pleased.
Back to top Go down
Jenn Black
Second Year
Jenn Black

PostSubject: Re: Magical Menagerie Term 1   Magical Menagerie Term 1 EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 12:57 pm

Choices. So many choices.

She earlier that she would get an owl or a cat. Well, Jenn Black decided that she wanted a cat as a companion. However, when she walked into he magic filled shop, she wasn't so sure anymore. There was a raven that caught her eye, along with a large black dog that was running in circles, in an attempt to catch it's tail. Then Jenn saw it, the perfect one for her it was a cat, a younger one, with dark brown and light orange spots scattered around it's fur. What really drew her eyes to his cat was the spot right below it's right ear a small orange spot, that looked to Jenn like a star, and it's right eye had a brown spot on the lower surrounding fur and an orange one on the surrounding above fur.

He purred as Jenn picked him up and began stroking his fur.

"Mom," she turned behind her to she her mother playing with the big black dog. However, her mother's head popped up at the sound of her daughter's voice. "This is the one." Thy both smiled and walked up to he register, paying for the cat, and getting the cage for her as well.
Back to top Go down
Leighton Vladimir
Third Year
Leighton Vladimir

PostSubject: Re: Magical Menagerie Term 1   Magical Menagerie Term 1 EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 8:33 pm

Alyxander and Leighton walked into the odd smelling store. Both weren't used to animals, because their mother didn't like their shedding. In the store, there were other Hogwarts students looking at all of the annoyingly adorable animals.
Alyxander looked down at Leigh. "Are you sure you don't want an owl?'' he questioned as he looked down at one of the yipping dogs in the cage, his face twisted up in a scowl.
Leigh nodded even though Alyx wasn't looking at her. "I've always wanted a kitten. I don't care if you think animals are disgusting. I like cats, because they are very smart. They could take over the world one day if they weren't so lazy." she stated as she walked over to the area where the cats were held.
Alyx let out a snort. "Sometimes you act so much like a Hufflepuff!" he muttered, giving her an amused glare.
Leigh let out a 'hmpf'. "I'm not a Hufflepuff." Leighton stated in a voice that held enough venom to shut Alyxander up.
Leighton leaned down and looked at a small grey kitten in the back of the cage. It wasn't playing with the other kittens, but it was silently observing them with intense grey-green eyes that looked like Leighton's eyes. Only they were just a shade darker than her own.
A small hand was placed on her back without Leighton's knowledge, which cause her to jump in shock. Leighton whipped around to glare at the person who was stupid enough to do that.
The person who put the hand on her shoulder, was a young witch wearing a Magical Menagerie apron. The witch had curly red hair and dark hazel eyes. "Did you find the kitten you want?" the witch asked, her nasally voice making Leighton cringe slightly.
Leigh turned back to the cage and pointed at the small grey one. "I want that one," Leighton stated in a very decided voice.
The witch tensed up when Leighton said that. "Oh, she isn't a very friendly one. Are you sure you don't want one of the others?" the witch asked.
Leigh raised an eyebrow at the witch. "I said I want her. Are you going to deny money from a very willing costumer?"
The witch glared slightly at Leighton, but kept a sugary sweet smile on her face. "I'm sorry miss, I'll grab some things that you will need to take care of her and I'll register her too!" the witch sang as she reached into the cage to grab the kitten. The kitten hissed at the witch, but let her pull her out of the cage nonetheless.
The witch handed Leighton the kitten quickly. Surprisingly, once the small kitten was placed into Leighton's hands it started purring and nuzzling her hand. Leighton reached into her pocket quickly and pulled out 10 galleons. The witch grabbed the galleons out of Leighton's hand and stomped away.
Alyx walked next to Leighton and glanced down at the kitten in my hand. "I guess she's alright. Slytherin colors, that's what you wanted right? What are you going to name her?''
Leigh peered into the kittens dark green eyes and smirked. "Drea,"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Magical Menagerie Term 1   Magical Menagerie Term 1 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 5:18 pm

Ellen and Calum entered magical menagerie, the young girl couldn’t wait to get her pet. She knew she wanted a cat and she had barely stepped through the door when she spotted a tiny grey kitten with piercing blue eyes. She stroked the little cat gently and smiled. She turned round to ask what Calum thought but he had disappeared. She searched round the shop but then rememebred he said he was going to the owl shop. Hermies, his old owl, was exactly that old and he was buyng a new one. She turned to the shop keeper “can I have this kitten please?” sh asked as she got some money out to pay for her knew pet. She began to think of names or the cat but nothing seemed quite right. She left the shop with her kitten in it’s basket she waited outside the shop for her brother to return.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Magical Menagerie Term 1   Magical Menagerie Term 1 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 7:21 pm

Rowan and her little brother Mason walked into the Magical Menagerie with smirks plastered on their faces. "Woh! Awesome!" Mason exclaimed, walking into the middle of the chaotic shop and stopping. He turned in circles as he examined every aspect of the store he could see, and Rowan walked around the shop, looking at all the different creatures. Although the smell of feces and animals was pretty revolting, the animals themselves were amazing. There were turtles and tortoises with bejeweled shells and there were tons of cawing ravens in a large caged section of the shop. Those ravens definitely drew her eye, but she knew her mum and dad wouldn't want her getting such 'silly' animals. More practical pets like owls, cats, dogs and the like were acceptable in their eyes. Rowan felt lucky that her parents were allowing her to get any animal at all, so she chose not to dwell on the downside.

Rowan walked past more birds and even rabbits that changed into top hats and back. There was a section of mice in cages. A cage of black mice were using their tails to jump rope, and Rowan grinned as she passed that aisle. Further down the store she came to the feline aisle. She walked past many adorable cats, but one in particular drew her eyes. A solitary small thing on his own in a cage. She knelt down and stuck her finger in the cage, waggling it in front of the small kitty. The kitten was gray and had faint black stripes all over his body. His eyes were a faint bluish-gray and they were eying Rowan suspiciously. His paws were white, and he had adorable tiny ears. Rowan knew this cat was picky, meaning he was the perfect cat for her pureblood image.

Magical Menagerie Term 1 107e82be1e325810d57c483bf64b73c3

"Excuse me," she called out to the help. The shopkeeper lady saw Rowan and walked over to her, crouching down next to her. "I want this one. He's perfect," she told him with a smug grin. "If you're sure.. He doesn't take much of a liking to most," the lady said, reaching for the cage. Rowan glared at her. "Yeah, well I didn't ask your opinion. I'll go find my brother while you take my new cat to the front," she said icily, standing up straight and walking away. She knew the woman probably had a glare on her face aimed at Rowan, but she didn't know who she was yet. Mason was in the dogs aisle and he already seemed to have his new companion already picked out.

Magical Menagerie Term 1 5b33d7a8900a3f9c2c2e6bdc4ae45288

"His name plate says Simon. He's perfect, Row. Please can you get him?" he begged, a pleading expression. "Yeah, sure Mace. I suppose I owe you someone to hang out with while I'm at Hogwarts," she told him, helping him push the cage across the floor towards the front. Up there, her cat sat on the counter and the lady was behind it, impatiently drumming her fingers on the surface. "You're taking him, too?" she asked, a truly forced smile on her face. Rowan eyed her as she nodded. "One kitten and one dog," she told the lady slowly as she rang up the order. The annoyed expression on the lady's face amused Rowan. "The cat's name is Syvine," she told Rowan. "My name's Rowan Drake," Rowan said pushing the money across the counter-top. She smirked at the lady as she took the handle of her cat's cage. The lady was looking at Rowan suspiciously, but there was a glimmer of fear in her eyes. "Don't forget it," Rowan added as she turned to Mason and Simon. Mason was giving the lady an icy look and as Rowan passed him, he stuck out his tongue at the lady before turning on his heel and holding his head high. He had the dog's leash in his hand and they walked out of the shop with their new pets.

"Nice one, Row," Mason said as they walked through the doorway, giving his sister the trademark Drake smirk. Rowan returned it. "Like I said, never underestimate your sister," she said, placing the arm not holding the cage around her little brother's shoulders. The door closed behind the two Drake siblings, leaving an air of sophistication in their wake.

Syvine (sih-VEEN)
Back to top Go down
Pierre Korsten
Fourth Year
Pierre Korsten

PostSubject: Magical Menagerie Term 1   Magical Menagerie Term 1 EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 7:09 pm

To whom it may concern,
On a recent trip to Diagon Alley, I had forgotten to purchase a pet.
I would like a raven, the most fierce breed/type you have in stock.
Also, I would like to purchase a Puffskein.
Please have the raven fly back, with his/her cage and a shrunken Puffskein cage, with the Puffskein in the enlarged cage. 30 Galleons are enclosed for the costs.

Sincerely,
Pierre Korsten
Heir to the Korsten Line
First Year @ Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, Hufflepuff
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Magical Menagerie Term 1   Magical Menagerie Term 1 Empty

Back to top Go down

Magical Menagerie Term 1
Page 1 of 1