Hogwarts Novitas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In a realm of magic, anything is possible.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Novitas! Please read all of the information in the "Starting Out" forum. Hogwarts is now OPEN. Diagon Alley/Hogsmeade will remain open for a week. Happy posting.  - Wizard God

Eeylop's Owl Emporium Term 1

Go down 
+2
Allison Walker
James Wilson
6 posters
AuthorMessage
James Wilson
Fourth Year
James Wilson

Eeylop's Owl Emporium Term 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eeylop's Owl Emporium Term 1   Eeylop's Owl Emporium Term 1 EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 2:37 am

James' mother insisted that he get an owl so that they would be able to correspond whilst he was at Hogwarts. Whilst the idea of receiving numerous owls from his mother was not appealing in the slightest, the idea of a new owl of his very own, was.

He walked into the Emporium and gazed around excitely at the different shapes and sizes of the owls they had in stock. One, in particular, caught his eye and he grinned. The Eagle Owl.

What a beauty, James thought, looking at this particular owl that looked as fierce and powerful as any owl he had ever seen. He glanced down at the price tag attached to the post the owl was resting on and his eyes widened. 40 Galleons!? Could he afford that?

He looked down at his coin bag, and knew that he didn't have that kind of money with him. He did, however, have his Gringotts key, (in case of an emergency, his mother told him, but what was this, if not an emergency!?)

Perhaps he would come back with the key...

... James returned ten minutes later with a bag ladened with heavy Galleons. It would be significantly lighter in the space of five minutes, James was sure.

He walked up the the counter and placed his order.

"Hello. Could I please purchase a male Eagle Owl? Oh, and I suppose I'll need a cage to carry him in if that's not too much trouble."

With his owl safely in his cage, James walked out of the Emporium, happy with his purchase. He just hoped that his parents wouldn't completely go out of their mind at the price of such a purchase. Ah well...
Back to top Go down
Allison Walker
Fourth Year
Allison Walker

PostSubject: Re: Eeylop's Owl Emporium Term 1   Eeylop's Owl Emporium Term 1 EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 9:31 pm

Alli knew, she just knew the moment that she saw the beautiful Snowy owl in the window that she had to have him. He was sleek, strong, powerful, and regal without being opulent. "That one, please," she pointed to him, and soon enough she had the most elegant bird that she'd ever seen in a cage just waiting to go home with her, and it had only cost her 30 galleons. It was an investment really, and a good one at that.
Back to top Go down
Brianna Carter
Fourth Year
Brianna Carter

PostSubject: Re: Eeylop's Owl Emporium Term 1   Eeylop's Owl Emporium Term 1 EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 12:22 am

It was an interesting looking shop, so Brianna went in. She really had no intention of purchasing an owl, though she knew they were used for sending mail in the wizarding world. She'd heard some older looking kids talking about "mail time" at Hogwarts being the best time to snitch candy from another kid's package from home, and she started to think it might come in handy. The owl from sending mail, not the bit about stealing candy.

A tiny screech owl perched itself on her shoulder. "Well hello there," she said, extending a finger to stroke its head.

A frazzled looking shop keeper was wandering around frantically looking on every shelf and in every cage, muttering to herself. "Bloody thing's gone missing again... Oh hello there. Interested in that one, are you? That's a screech owl, that one is. Tiny little thing but it's pretty strong. Listen, have you seen a pencil anywhere?"

The owl on Bri's shoulder cooed. "It's behind your ear," she said.

The woman reached up and grabbed it. "So it is, thanks love. You'll be wanting that owl then?" Bri nodded. "Right, ten galleons and I'll get you set up with everything that you need for it."

Not fifteen minutes later, Brianna was walking out of the shop with a new pet and several tips about how best to care for him. "I think I'll call you... Dexter," she said, smiling.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eeylop's Owl Emporium Term 1   Eeylop's Owl Emporium Term 1 EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 3:57 pm

December entered the loud Emporium, standing in the door for a moment so she could get used to all the sounds and block them out effectively. She perused the cages for some time, trying to decide on what to get. She wanted something female, that much was true. It had to be strong and graceful, and she found what she was looking for.

It was a female Eagle Owl, and December eagerly took the cage it was in up to the shopkeeper. The lady barely acknowledged December and she certainly wasn't going to stand for that. "I'd like to buy this Eagle Owl," she said, placing the money down. "Here's the money, and I bid you a happy day."

December rolled her eyes as she smiled at her owl. "I think I'll call you...Adelaide."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eeylop's Owl Emporium Term 1   Eeylop's Owl Emporium Term 1 EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 7:45 pm

Asher took one step out of Ollivanders and immediately stopped her mother. "Ash dear," her mother smiled and held up the cage she had been holding. In it was a gorgeous snowy white owl. "I bought him as a going away present," Elizabeth explained. "So no excuses about writing your mother."
Back to top Go down
Makayla Hall
First Year
Makayla Hall

PostSubject: Re: Eeylop's Owl Emporium Term 1   Eeylop's Owl Emporium Term 1 EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 4:27 am

Makayla's fascination was caught when she learned that the Magical world used Owls as their main method of communication. She knew that she would have to get herself one if she was to communicate with her parents and friends when the need arises.

She looked around the store with her eyes wide. She had never see so many owls in one place before. Trying to find one that she liked the most was so hard!

Finally she spotted a owl perched on a stand, that hooted affectionally as Makayla past it. She smiled at the owl and looked down at the tag. "So, you're a Barn owl, are you?" she asked the bird, knowing that it wouldn't answer her back.

She held out her arm, wondering if the bird would fly to her, as she had seen other birds do with their trainers. Makayla grinned, as the bird did just that. Makayla walked with the Barn owl to the counter.

"I'll take this Barn owl, please," she said to the shopkeeper. Handing over 15 Galleons, Makayla walked out with the owl and a cage, very happy.

"I think I'll name you Charlie," she told the Owl, who hooted again happily.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eeylop's Owl Emporium Term 1   Eeylop's Owl Emporium Term 1 EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 1:19 pm

This was a shop that caught Essi's fancy. She just loved animals; the sounds, the colours, the fur and the feathers. She gazed in awe at each cage, staring at each different owl, wondering which to choose.
Her mother had told her to go and buy a screech owl, as they were the cheapest, but none of them really took her family (an animal had to have character). Since her mother wasn't here, having decided that it was time to have a drink in the Leakey Cauldron, she decided on the most beautiful barn owl she could see. His beady eyes looked at her with curiosity, which just sealed the deal.

"May I have this barn owl?" she asked, pointing to him. She handed over her money (only 5 more galleons than she had been told she could spend).

"I'll name you Pera," she said happily as she left the shop.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eeylop's Owl Emporium Term 1   Eeylop's Owl Emporium Term 1 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 9:50 pm

With her muggle family tagging along, Grace entered the shop full of owls nervously. She had received a few reminders and instructions via owl, but it was still odd to use a bird as a messenger.

However odd it was, Grace wasn't too bothered with it; it just felt right, so she couldn't bring herself to feel out of place in the colorful shop that, despite the owls perched every which way she looked, felt a bit claustrophobic.

Her discomfort melted once she met eyes with a beautiful brown owl that left its perch and swooped over to land on Grace's arm.

Her family was startled. Her sister, Leah, widened her eyes as Grace slowly extended her free arm to stroke the owl's feathers.

"I think I'll call you Lucy," Grace whispered to her owl before looking up to smile at her parents.

Minutes later, she left the shop, her family cooing over the beautiful owl and her money bag 20 Galleons lighter from the excellent purchase.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eeylop's Owl Emporium Term 1   Eeylop's Owl Emporium Term 1 EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 1:39 am

"You'll need an owl, said that witch that came to our house. Apparently they're good for sending letters. I want you to write me," Marrissa said as they walked into the emporium. It smelled of animal waste. Charlotte wanted to cover her nose, but that seemed to be rude.
"What should I get, Auntie?" the first year asked. "There seem to be a lot."
Marrissa asked the clerk behind the counter, "What's the best for a young girl?"
"Hard to say," she woman said. "Any really, but I don't know how long she might keep it before it, you know, dies." She said it straight out and flat.
Marrissa scrunched up her nose. "How abou-"
"Auntie!" Jane shouted at her aunt and pointed out the snowy owl. It looked so beautiful. Almost majestic. It wasn't huge, but pretty big with small specks of black. "It's gorgeous! Can I have it?"
Her aunt smiled and started taking out the money and paid.
They exited the store with all of the bags in hand and Marrissa scrunched up her nose again. "You better write me, for how much I paid."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eeylop's Owl Emporium Term 1   Eeylop's Owl Emporium Term 1 EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 9:49 pm

Alyssa walked into the shop, trying her best to drown out her oldest sister's ramblings about owls. If she wanted her to get one so much, why not just give her hers? Alyssa rolled her eyes, immediately drawn to the tiny screech owl. Sure, it couldn't carry much, but it had a little innocence that captured her. After picking the one that seemed the cutest, Alyssa paid for it and left the shop.

"I'll call you Star." Alyssa smiled, feeling like she was five again. The owl was tan, with white spots. Lily followed her out of the shop.

"That was quick." Lily commented, tying her hair up.

"It wasn't hard."
Back to top Go down
Noah Grayson
Second Year
Noah Grayson

PostSubject: Re: Eeylop's Owl Emporium Term 1   Eeylop's Owl Emporium Term 1 EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 1:21 pm

Noah looked down at his list and realised that he was finished with all the boring and necessary stuff. All that was left on his list now was a little reminder that he could get a pet if he wanted to. Noah was thrilled, he knew exactly what he wanted and so headed straight for Eeylops.

Stepping into the Owl Emporium he had to quickly dodge out of the way of what looked like a Tawny Owl that didn't seem to friendly as it tried to nip him as he walked past. The myriad of noises was almost overwhelming with the different hoots and screeches of the different species.

He noticed that the shopkeeper was a bit busy dealing with another student and a troublesome owl and so he thought he would take a wander around the place and see if there was any one he particularly liked. He didn't have anything in mind, the only thing he knew he wanted was an owl, the species or colour didn't matter to him, he just loved the animals probably for the fact that they could fly. Noah was obsessed with flying, he would have loved to be as free as a bird sometimes and spend his days up in the skies, it was just so free and empty up there, it was like a whole new world.

He walked around, eyeing all the different owls, seeing if there was one that just stood out, one that was special, he wondered if it was like his wand, whether there would be an owl that would choose him rather than him choose the owl.

He reached out his hand to stroke one of the owls that was sat on a perch.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you," Noah turned around to see where the voice had come from and met the eyes of the shopkeeper, it seemed that he had managed to wrestle the owl back into it's cage and get rid of the other student.

Noah looked back at the owl, it was rather big and he assumed it was an eagle owl, although he was no expert. It eyed him silently not even blinking, it seemed harmless nonetheless. If Noah was told not to do something, he would often take it as a challenge to do it. He didn't like to back down and so stretched out his hand and stroked the soft feathers of the owl.

"Well, well, well," the shopkeeper was surprised, that owl had been there for weeks now, and every time someone had approached it, it had nearly bitten their arm off and screeched. "Seems to me you've made a friend in our Jupiter there kid. Hasn't let anyone touch him before."

Noah looked over his shoulder at the man with a small sideways smile across his face, he was right, it seemed that this owl had chosen him. He held out his arm and the owl flapped its wings and sat there, regal and silent. It seemed to glare at the shopkeeper, which Noah found amusing, he had an owl that was brave and stood up for itself.

"Well, it seems like I have," Noah said with a small chuckle, "I'll take him, if that's ok?"

"Ok? Ok is wonderful," the man let out a sigh of relief, "I've been trying to get rid of that bird for weeks, has scared off some of my customers, and the man that I dealt with won't take him back, so please, feel free, take him."

Noah returned with the man to the front of the shop, and slid the forty galleons across the counter, for his new Eagle Owl The man placed a cage on the counter and Jupiter ruffled his wings and let out a hoot. Noah decided that he would just carry the cage for now, it seemed that Jupiter was not very fond of it.
Back to top Go down
Hester Alderman
Fifth Year
Hester Alderman

PostSubject: Eeylop's Owl Emporium Term 1   Eeylop's Owl Emporium Term 1 EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 11:34 am

"I need an owl," Hester told her mother.
"What do you want a bird for?" her mother asked. Hester just rolled her eyes.
"To send letters, of course," she said.

She pushed open the door of the shop and wrinkled her nose. The shop smelt of caged birds. It was an interesting smell, but it certainly couldn't be considered nice.

She gazed around. There were beautiful owls everywhere... Out of the corner her eye she caught site of the most majestic looking eagle owl. She pointed to it.

"Can I have that one?" she asked. Her mother looked warily at the price tag. "Please?" begged Hester.
"Fine, fine," said her mother. Hester grinned happily.

She took the owl to the till and handed over 40 galleons.

"I'll call you Aphrodites," she said as she left the shop, her owl in its cage.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eeylop's Owl Emporium Term 1   Eeylop's Owl Emporium Term 1 Empty

Back to top Go down

Eeylop's Owl Emporium Term 1
Page 1 of 1