Hogwarts Novitas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In a realm of magic, anything is possible.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Novitas! Please read all of the information in the "Starting Out" forum. Hogwarts is now OPEN. Diagon Alley/Hogsmeade will remain open for a week. Happy posting.  - Wizard God

Ollivanders Term 1

Go down 
+19
Marie Wilde
Noah Grayson
Leighton Vladimir
Vanessa Lopez
Terry Berbatov
Anthony McGuire
Jasmine Delaware
Kyra Henderson
Emily Sparrow
Jenn Black
Adreis Conners
Makayla Hall
Elise Hamilton
Samuel Jude Parker III
Brianna Carter
Allison Walker
Gwen Cooper
James Wilson
Peter Wiggin
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Peter Wiggin
Second Year
Peter Wiggin

Ollivanders Term 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ollivanders Term 1   Ollivanders Term 1 EmptySat Dec 25, 2010 1:28 pm

The young boy was sure that most children when getting their letters and seeing their list of supplies, would immediately be excited about the prospect of a wand. Peter however was not like most children and wasn’t looking forward to the wand one bit. He was rather skeptical about it. If you read books, yes, it mentions wizards and witches having wands, but he was more interested in the mages that had staffs. About the old magic and such. Wondering if there was any truth to that, Peter entered the infamous wand shop.

Seeing the list of woods available for wands and the cores, Peter carefully read the attributes described to each wood. He rather thought Maple sounded like the wood for his wand. The core he had no idea about. Liking the sound of having part of a dragon as part of his wand was rather thrilling.

Peter lifted a maple wand that was on display up and his brows furrowed. He had thought if you picked up a wand you would feel something, but he didn’t. Either there was something wrong with the wand, with him, or he was doing it wrong. The prickly feeling on the back of his neck alerted him that he was being watched. Turning, not bother to pretend he hadn’t been touching things, Peter asked, “Why does it feel wrong?”

The man’s eyes creeped the boy out as they grew wide then gazed at him with a piercing look. “Very perceptive. That is but a shell of a wand.”

Peter’s brows furrowed in confusion. “Shell?”

“It’s empty, hollow. I haven’t placed the core inside it yet,” the man returned and held out his hand and gestured for the boy to hand it over. Peter relinquished his hold and he jerked his hand back when he felt a shock. “Dragon heartstring will be the right core for you, I should think.”

Following the man to a bureau with many small drawers, Peter watched as the man opened a drawer pulled out a tough stringy looking thing. He set it on the counter along with the wand and was saying things too low for the boy to hear. Blue eyes widened as what Peter assumed to be the dragon heartstring, began merging with the wand and soon was enveloped completely in the wood. It looked as it had when Peter had picked it up, except it glowed?

“There you are, young man. Ten inches, Maple and Dragon heartstring. Take care of it and it’ll take care of you.”
Back to top Go down
James Wilson
Fourth Year
James Wilson

Ollivanders Term 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ollivanders Term 1   Ollivanders Term 1 EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 4:03 am

James wondered why he left this part of his shopping to last, and then remembered his mother telling him that it would be a lengthy process. James didn't want to spend forever getting his wand and then have to face up to shopping afterwards, so it was a good thing that he had left it late.

He walked into the store, seeing a boy leave it, and had a look around. The place was just as packed as Flourish and Blotts except that there were boxes roughly the same shape, everywhere.

He saw a man standing there with creepy eyes, and smiled at him. Taking a step towards the elderly man, James cleared his throat.

"Hello. I'm in need of a wand."

The man smiled, and without taking his eyes off of James, he reached to the side to hand the box over to James.

"Cherry wood, with a Veela hair. Give it a try," the man said.

James' nose wrinkled at the idea of a Veela hair but opened the box and held the wand lightly.

"Go on, give it a wave," the man said, eagerly watching on.

James did as he was told, but nothing occurred.

The man went back and forth with wands from all areas of his shop and James was getting more and more frustrated that he couldn't mind a wand that suited him. He did manage to break a vase with one of those wands, but the man didn't seem to think that was the one for him.

The man shook his head at James attempt with another wand and muttered incoherently, walking to the back of his store. He stood upon a ladder and grabbed a wand from high on the shelf.

He walked back to James and handed him another new wand.

"Willow, 9 and a half inches with a Thestral hair, my boy. Give that beauty a try."

James barely had to touch the wand before he knew that this was the one for him. He smiled as the wand practically hummed against his hand.

"I think this is the one, sir," James said, grinning.

"As do I. Wonderful selection. Wonderful."
Back to top Go down
Gwen Cooper
Fourth Year
Gwen Cooper

Ollivanders Term 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ollivanders Term 1   Ollivanders Term 1 EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 10:30 am

Gwen walked into ollivanders happily. Her Mom had told her to get her wand alone as was tradition. "Hello!" She chirped smiling at the wizard. "Ah, yes. Your first wand, eh? Let´s see lets see..here. Try this. Dragon heartstring, willow. 10 inches." She waved it and broke a vase. "Sorry-" She started but then she already had to try another. And anoither. And another.

After about five tries she was a little frustrated. Then he gave her a Cherry and veela hair. 9'5inches. She felt warmth spread through her fingers And golden sparks flew from the tip.

She smiled and was about to leave when he asked, "Can you see thestrals?"
She stopped and frowned. "Yes. Yes I can. Why?"
He nodded, "Cherry wood symbolizes death. And New beginnings. Leaving an old life for a new." She nodded meeting his gaze. It fit perfectly. Without another word she left the shop trying to forget the mans piercing gaze.
Back to top Go down
Allison Walker
Fourth Year
Allison Walker

Ollivanders Term 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ollivanders Term 1   Ollivanders Term 1 EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 8:59 pm

Alli was a little creeped out by the wand shop, if she was being honest. It was a little dark for her liking and the man who worked there looked as though he'd worked there for two hundred years. It was dusty and grimy and she mostly just wanted to leave. There didn't seem to be anyone there at the moment, which was a little comforting to her.

She didn't waste any time looking into the wand boxes, trying a few of them out. Any time it felt like something potentially disasterous was about to happen, she put the wand back. Finally she came to a box containing a 9 1/4" Pine wand with a Phoenix Feather core, and it just felt... right.

"It seems that you've found your wand, Miss Walker," a soft voice came from behind her. "Although next time, I would appreciate it if you would allow a little supervision. We wouldn't want to hurt ourselves, now would we?"

Alli turned around and looked at the man in shock. "How... How did you know my name?"

He didn't answer her, instead packing up the wand and sending her on her way, leaving her to wonder how he'd known her. Creepy.
Back to top Go down
Brianna Carter
Fourth Year
Brianna Carter

Ollivanders Term 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ollivanders Term 1   Ollivanders Term 1 EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 11:48 pm

Brianna entered the shop cautiously. It was in disarray, but to her, it looked like artful chaos. "Hello?" she called softly, wondering where the shopkeeper was.

An old man with disheveled white hair peeked his head around the corner. "A new one for Hogwarts, eh?" he asked. "And what might your name be?"

"Brianna Carter, sir," she told him, wishing that someone else was in the shop also, just to make it seem less weird, for lack of a better word.

The man nodded. "Well Miss Carter, we'll get you all set up with everything you need. Now, let me see..."

He wandered along one wall and pulled a few boxes down. Each one of them contained a wand of a different length and color. "Try this one," he handed her a short, stubby, dark wand.

Feeling rather foolish, she gave it a wave and was disappointed to see nothing happen other than the man's hair turning a light shade of blue. He shook his head and set the color back to normal before handing her another wand. "You need something longer. Try this- 10 inches precisely, maple, unicorn hair core."

Brianna again gave the wand a wave and it just felt right. A single white rose sprang forth from the tip of the wand and was caught by the shopkeeper. "Yes, that will do nicely," he said. He packed up the wand for her and sent her on her way.

"Oh, Miss Carter," he stopped her when she was nearly out of the shop.

She turned around. "Yes?"

Wordlessly, he handed her the rose that she had produced and then retreated back into the depths of his shop. "Such a peculiar man," she smiled, leaving the shop with rose and wand in hand.
Back to top Go down
Samuel Jude Parker III
Second Year
Samuel Jude Parker III

Ollivanders Term 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ollivanders Term 1   Ollivanders Term 1 EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 1:06 am

Purchasing a wand was the only part of the day that Jude was looking forward too. Finally he would have a wand of his own. That meant no more "borrowing" his mother's while she was busy.

He took his time perusing the boxes that lined the walls of the shop until a man arrived. "Mr. Parker, how nice to see you. I think I've got just the thing for you," he said, selecting a single box off the wall.

He put the wand in Jude's hand and instructed him to give it a wave, which Jude did. The boxes on the back shelf started to upright themselves and soon they were in neat, organized piles- orderly, like they should be.

"Quite a good match, I'd say," the man mumbled. "Eleven and three quarters inches, Elm, with a dragon heartstring core. A strong wand for a strong boy. You'll go far, Mr. Parker."

Jude nodded, then took the wand and his other things and went to Floo home so that he would be free of the burden of shopping.
Back to top Go down
Elise Hamilton
Third Year
Elise Hamilton

Ollivanders Term 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ollivanders Term 1   Ollivanders Term 1 EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 1:48 am

Her eyes darted left to right as she wandered down Diagon Alley and towards Olivander's wand shop. She stopped just outside the door and noticed how old it looked. A nervous shiver passed through her body. Was she really going to get a wand; a real wand?

Elise shook her head and entered the store where an extremely old man with milky blue eyes looked up from his desk-slash-podium. She shifted from one leg to another as she waved a hand towards him.

"U-uhm... Hi there! I'm looking for a wand."

She wanted to slap her forehead. Of course she was there for a wand. Elise kept quiet as the shopkeeper made his way out from behind the desk and peered at her. He nodded and gave a knowing smile at her.

"Yes, yes!" Came his voice - raspy and seemingly out of use. "Step closer dear."

Elise did so and immediately stiffened when measurement tapes began to curl about her figure. She then relaxed and positioned herself so that the tape measured her correctly. When all was done, the old man (who she now dubbed Olivander because he had yet to introduce himself) nodded and began to sift through the cases of wands.

He came back with a few boxes and laid them on the counter. After taking off the lid of one, Olivander took the wand and placed it in her hand. Elise took it and stared it. Was that it? Olivander continued to smile and encouraged her.

"Well, give it a wave dear. Ten and a half inches Hazel with Veela hair."

And so she did. Elise squeaked in surprise when a watered vase was deprived of water before exploding. She quickly placed it back on the counter and began to apologize to the man. Olivander waved off her apologies before going to the back in search of new wands; ignoring the wands that he had already brought forth.

Elise waited in anticipation and worry when Olivander came back with more boxes, and began to hand her a wand. What if there wasn't a wand for her? She bit her bottom lip as she went through wand after wand. A feeling of despair coursed through her as she placed, yet again, another wand onto the counter.

"Hm... You're quite difficult to place, but don't worry. Many have taken as long as you have." Olivander returned the wand to its case before pushing it aside. "Let's make this easier shall we, dear. What do you value in life? Or rather... What do you think symbolizes you the most? And just for fun, tell me, what do you like to do on your spare time?"

Elise nodded before getting into how she participated in marital arts and learned about their philosophies like being at peace with one's self, balance, and how necessary it was to have both good and evil (which she thought was what symbolized her). Then she told him how disliked malicious people who bully others in any situation, even though she knew that they were needed. She finished off her answering by telling him that she liked to play tennis and soccer as well as reading.

Olivander nodded to her before going to the back of the shop once more. Minutes ticked by before he returned with a single box. He gently held it out to her with an excited gleam in his eyes.

"Eight and a half inches Bonsai with a Phoenix feather. It's quite rigid as well as smooth. Very contradicting, but I believe it'll fit you just splendidly."

Elise nodded and prayed to the Wizard God that it was the right one for her. Her breath hitched when her hand clasped around the handle, and a gentle breeze twirled around her. The wand gave off yellow sparks before everything stopped. Olivander clapped his hands.

"Bravo, Ms. Hawkins. And congratulations on getting your wand. Now why don't you move along. The day is young, and I'm sure you still have many things to shop for."

Elise nodded and quietly left the store.
Back to top Go down

Ollivanders Term 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ollivanders Term 1   Ollivanders Term 1 EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 2:46 pm

December honestly couldn't wait to get out of this shop. It smelled creepy, it looked creepy, and in fact, the walls basically oozed the essence of creepiness. She shivered slightly before looking up at the man who would give her the wand she needed. She barely heard him speaking(like she cared anyway) and he handed her a wand.

She flicked it, and it promptly caused one of his trinkets to shatter. She inwardly smirked at the raw power, but she frowned when he took the wand away. She was given a new wand, one that felt...right. She flicked that one and the power surged to life within her. She felt like she could do...anything.

"Eight inches Holly with a Thestral Hair. This is a very potent combination, and it will make for a good wand for you."

December nodded and stuck the wand in her robe, spinning on her heel and walking out of the creepy place. No matter what kind of guy Ollivander was, his place would always be creepy.
Back to top Go down

Ollivanders Term 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ollivanders Term 1   Ollivanders Term 1 EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 7:37 pm

"Go on," Elizabeth Knight pushed her daughter forward; towards the best known wand shop in the wizarding world. Ollivanders. "I'm going to get the rest of your supplies."

Her mother's form faded into the crowd of people shopping out in Diagon Alley. Taking a deep breath, Asher slowly made her way inside the shop. The front counter was vacant. The shop looked as if it was empty. "Hello," called out Asher. No reply. "Hello, is any one here," she tried again.

"I heard you the first time," Mr. Ollivander said looking through the various boxes of wands on the shelves. "Here," he siad, thrusting a wand in her direction, "give this one a try."

Asher took hold of the wand he offered, staring at it in amazement. "Well don't just stand there. Give it a wave," the old man exclaimed. She gave the wand a light wave but nothing happened. "Nope, not that one."

Ollivander gave her three more wands to try but the first one set a book on fire, the second one made all of the boxes on the selves fall to the ground but the last one...

As soon as she had taken hold of the wand, Asher knew it was the one she was ment to have.

"Ten inches, Ash wood with a pheniox feather core," laughed Olllivander. "I think we have a winner."

Asher couldn't help but smile as her wand was packed and handed to her to keep forever.

Back to top Go down
Makayla Hall
First Year
Makayla Hall

Ollivanders Term 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ollivanders Term 1   Ollivanders Term 1 EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 5:09 am

Sliding her finger down the list, Makayla smiled as she noticed that she only had one more item to purchase. Her wand.

This will be fascinating, she thought as she pushed open the heavy door of Ollivanders' store.

Looking around at all the boxes arranged on the shelves, she wondered how on Earth she would find a wand that suited her perfectly.

A man suddendly appeared and gave her a smile.

"Ahhh... new to the wizarding community, yes yes," he said airily, still keeping eye contact on her. Makayla smiled warily, not knowing how he knew that she was a Muggleborn, but she walked closer to him.

"Erm.. Yes. I am. I'm after a wand," she said, breaking eye contact to continue to gaze about the store.

The man and Makayla went through wand after wand, trying to find one that suited her. Finally, as Makalya took old of a Birch, 14 inches with a Unicorn Tail, she knew it was the one for her.

Thanking the strange man, Makayla left the store with her brand new wand.
Back to top Go down

Ollivanders Term 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ollivanders Term 1   Ollivanders Term 1 EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 4:59 pm

So slowly that the bell almost didn't ring, Isabel pushed open the door to Ollivander's wand shop and gingerly stepped across the floor, to the counter. Her mother and father stood outside. They'd decided to let her get a wand on her own, figuring it to be an important expirience for the eleven-year-old and not wanting for her to feel pressured by their presence.

Isabel rested her fingers on the counter and called, "Uhm...hullo?"

A man, sporting crazy white hair and a kind smile, poked his head around one of the shelves and smiled at her. "Ah, hello my dear. Looking for a wand?"

"Yes," Isabel murmured, staring for the first time at the rows upon rows of wands. Knowing her luck, she'd have to look through every single one to find the one she liked. Or, liked her, as it were. "How do you know which one to choose?"

The store's namesake, Ollivander, gave a smile and a soft chuckle. "Ah, my dear, but the want chooses you." He then turned to the shelves and mumbled to himself, "Now...where to start...?" He wandered off towards one shelf, then switched directions and instead walked behind another, reappearing with a long box. "You look like a fierce young woman, with that red hair. Try this one on for size." He withdrew a beautifully-crafted wand and held it out to her. She grasped it, and it felt odd to her hands, like the handle was molded to someone else's hand. But she ignored it. It was probably because she wasn't used to holding wands. "Oak, fourteen inches, phoenix feather core."

Isabel stared at it. "What do I do?"

"Just flick it, my dear."

She did so, after a moment of hesitation. It produced a large gust of something that made papers fly everywhere. She gasped and cried, "I'm so sorry!" while pushing the wand back towards him.

"No problem, my dear. Happens all the time." Then he packaged the wand back up, murmuring about, "Oak is too stirdy, she needs something that'll give...phoenix feather's much to strong..."

There were many tries after that, and just when Isabel was thinking she'd never find a want, Mr. Ollivander reappeared with one last box. "Now this one has got to be it."

She shrugged and held out her hand as Ollivander informed, "Beech, twelve inches, Unicorn hair. Try it."

She gripped the handle and finally it felt like it belonged in her hand. She waved it, surprised at how graceful the movemet was when it felt good in her hand, and a feeling of warmth and a smell of flowers errupted around her. She glanced at Ollivander. "Is that good?"

He smiled. "Indeed, my dear. That means the wand has chosen you."

Isabel couldn't wait to show her parents her new wand.
Back to top Go down
Adreis Conners
Second Year
Adreis Conners

Ollivanders Term 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ollivanders Term 1   Ollivanders Term 1 EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 12:26 am

Adreis Conner stood outside the wand shop, staring at it. "Go on Dree, I'll wait out here for you" Sam, her older brother who had brought her to get her first wand, gave her a light shove through the door.

"I-I need a wand" Dree said quietly, walking up to the desk podium thing slowly, looking around a bit as she went.

"I would hope so" said the old man behind the counter with kind smile, grabbing Dree's attention. "try this one" He handed her a sleek brown stick. She looked at it with wide eyes then took it from him. "give it a wave" he nodded.

She waved the wand around and a crashing noise came from a shelf not to far off. "sorry!" she said quickly dropping the wand into his hands.

"It's okay" he smiled and handed her another wand. This one ended just as the last one had, sending boxes flying off shelves.

After two more wands Dree was neary ready to give up. Maybe she wasn't a witch after all, maybe she could just go home and forget about all of this. But as she waved this wand around, nothing crashed or smashed, in fact, a weird warm feeling spread through her...

"Birch, Unicorn hair. 11 inches" said the man. "you found yourself a wand"

Dree smiled and looked down at the wand. she thanked the man and hurried out of the shop, eager to show Sam her new wand.
Back to top Go down

Ollivanders Term 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ollivanders Term 1   Ollivanders Term 1 EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 1:12 am

Grace knew, without even having to look at her supply list, that purchasing a wand was the first thing she wanted to do. Coming from a house of muggles, she felt that the wand would finally prove the her that she actually was a witch and really did belong in the wizarding world.

A bit nervous, yet more excited than she had been, even in the eventful week that had just passed, Grace dragged her little sister, Leah, through the bustling alley, searching for a place where wands would be sold; their parents were left behind, utterly bamboozled by the surroundings and unable to keep up with the excited children.

“Grace!” Leah yelled in surprise, snatching back her wrist from her sister's tight grasp; normally, Grace was never one to show such enthusiasm. The display of emotion throughout the past several days way downright shocking.

Leah's attempt to detach herself from her sister was probably a bad one; Grace was at least twenty feet ahead of her by the time Leah could organize herself. Before Leah could call out her name, Grace disappeared inside of a rather simple looking shop. Deciding that this was perhaps an endeavor for Grace to experience on her own, Leah left her and caught up with her parents.

Upon entering the shop, Grace was absolutely amazed; nothing was particularly special about the place, but from the rather plain boxes, she could feel an extraordinary power radiating. Obviously, this was a place of magic.

“Excuse me?” Grace called into the seemingly empty room. Despite her vow to leave her shyness behind at her muggle home, her voice still shook slightly and was a bit quieter than Grace would have liked.

From behind a tall stack of wands boxes, a tall, thin, and creepy man emerged.

“Hello, sir,” Grace greeted him, aiming to seem confident. “I would like to purchase a wand.”

Without addressing her, he turned to wall (lined with boxes of wands, of course) and pulled out a single, slightly dusty box from the top of a shelf.

“Try this one,” the man said, offering Grace the box. His large, glassy eyes quite reminded Grace of what she imagined crystal balls to be like. “Go on, now!” he encouraged.

Silently, Grace took the box and removed the lid; the wand appeared to be rather on the short side, but before she could confirm anything, the man spoke again.

“Holly, nine and a quarter inches, unicorn tail.”

Grace found the description was beautiful; she decided that she would very much enjoy rifling through all her school books, once they were purchased. If unicorns were real after she had long outgrown fairy tails, what other amazing facts could be revealed with a little bit of reading?

Without needed any further prodding from the wand seller, she lifted the wand out of the box and knew immediately that it was not the one for her. All throughout the room, she could feel the soft hum of magic pouring from every shelf and every stack from the boxes of wands, but she didn't feel that surge that she expected once she picked one up.

The wand maker obviously agreed. He delicately took the wand from Grace's gentle grasp and placed the lot on a chair in the corner.

He then placed another box in Grace's hand. For this one, however, Grace felt something course through her when her skin came in contact with the box. She hastily removed the lid, and with shaking fingers, she removed the wonderful instrument from its box.

The man eagerly and silently watched, clasping his hands together as a tiny shower of golden sparks issued from the end of the wand.

“I think this one is it!” he exclaimed contentedly, patting her softly on the shoulder.

“I think so, too, sir!” Grace agreed, happier than she could ever remember being. She smiled at the wand maker, the wand safely in her grasp.

“I distinctly remember making that wand, dear. It is eleven and a quarter inches, ash, and phoenix feather, that wand is. It is fantastic for charms!” said the wand maker, a smile on his lips.

“Thank you, sir. This is definitely the wand for me!” Grace confidently proclaimed, leaving behind all her thoughts of shyness as she met up with her family outside of the wand shop several minutes later.
Back to top Go down

Ollivanders Term 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ollivanders Term 1   Ollivanders Term 1 EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 1:49 pm

Essi was thrilled with the prospect of finally getting a wand, just like her mother's.

"Can I try a wand, please?" she asked the man behind the counter.

"I'll need to measure you first," he said, smiling. A tape measure whipped up out of no where and began measuring every where possible, including the distance between her nostrils.

"Try this one," said the man, handing her a wand.

The seventh wand she tried was the right wand.

"Here you are. Pine and Unicorn Hair. Give this a wave."

Essi waved it, and felt a great warmth rise up her arm. Red spark flew from the tip.

"This one," she said happily.
Back to top Go down
Jenn Black
Second Year
Jenn Black

Ollivanders Term 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ollivanders Term 1   Ollivanders Term 1 EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 11:12 pm

Jenn walked into the wand shop all by herself, her mother picking up some other supplies for the school year. Jenn had dreamed of walking into this shop ever since she learned if magic. Though it was a bit dusty and old, Jenn thought it had that home-y feel to it. "Miss Black? I presume?" An older man walked out, Mr. Ollivander, she assumed. Jenn nodded and he began taking a few measurements, and asked for her wand arm, left.

"Here," Mr. Ollivander spoke, "let's try this one first." He handed Jennifer the wand, she swished her wrist at the wall behind Mr. Ollivander, and things began flying everywhere. "No, no, that's not right." He snatched the wand out of her hand and put it back to retrieve another. "Here, let's look at this one," he handed her another wand. She pointed at the same wall, and flicked her wrist gracefully. Golden and silver sparks shot from the tip. Jenn smiled and looked at Mr. Ollivander, who was also smiling and said, "10 1/4 inches, hazel and dragon heartstring seems to have chosen you Miss Black. Good luck at Hogwarts and take care of that wand." He waved as he handed her the wrapped package and she walked out the door.
Back to top Go down
Emily Sparrow
Fourth Year
Emily Sparrow

Ollivanders Term 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ollivanders Term 1   Ollivanders Term 1 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 4:01 pm

Emily walked into the shop she couldn’t wait to get her wand.
“Hello dear” the shop keeper smiled at her “looking for a wand?” he asked.
“Hello yes I am” she smiled as she stepped forward.
“Hold on a moment” he hurried away to the back before returning to the counter with some boxes.
“lets see then” he said to her taking a wand out of a box. “Oak and thestral Hair, eight inches exactly” he handed it to her.
She took it from him carefully. She stood there as nothing happened. “give it a wave dear” he said kindly.
She nodded and did so, some boxes in the corner came crashing down. “sorry” she said.
Not to worry, these things happen” he said taking another wand.
“hazel and dragon heartstring” he said.
She gave it a wave and the lamp on the counter smashed.
“no, not right either” he said.
She went through two more wands before she found the right one. She knew instantly that it was different, warmth spread up her arm. She gaveit a slight wave and purple spark shot into the air for a moment before disappearing.
Cherry and unicorn hair, nine inches exactly. Well done miss lovegood” he said to her.
“Sparrow” she corrected him. “Thank you” she smiled.
“my apologies, miss Sparrow good luck at Hogwarts” he said. “well that explains the choice in wand” he said to himself. She decided not to ask. She thanked him again before leaving the shop.
Back to top Go down

Ollivanders Term 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ollivanders Term 1   Ollivanders Term 1 EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 1:46 pm

Anne was finally back in Diagon Alley looking for her supplies. After the kitten incident the day before they had taken her home and mader her wait till today to come back. The first stop this time, was of course her wand.

She walked into the musty old shop alone, and after a moment a strange man walked out of the back holding a box. He walked up to her opened the box, and in it she could see a wand. He looked at her with an odd expression on his face, and told her to give it a wave.

She took the wand in her right hand and waved it around, a warm tingling sensation ran through her as silver sparks shot out of her wand.

"Perfect, match my dear. Off you go"

Anne was suprised this all happened so quickly, she had heard from her mother that it often took trying many wands to get a match. She wasnt going to complain though, more time in the rest of the alley for her. She was about to leave when her parents stepped in.

"So," her mother said with a little anticipation. "Are you ready to get your wand?"

"I already have" Anne replied, a little smug she had one-upped her mom.

Her mother looks slightly dissapointed, and then asked "Well, whats it made of?"

Anne was about to reply she had no clue, when Ollivander shoved his head out of the back to say "Pine, 13 and a half inches, with a Phoenix feather core" and then popped back out again.

Since it was apparent the wand buying was done, her mother reluctantly led her and her father out of the store. It was time to buy some potion ingredients

Back to top Go down

Ollivanders Term 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ollivanders Term 1   Ollivanders Term 1 EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 7:48 pm

Sunny Swann slipped inside the wand shop. She was nervous about being thrown out since her parents had been former death eaters. Suddenly a man stepped out and looked at her.

"I was wandering when I'd be seeing you Miss Swann." he replied.

Sunny nodded shyly and cautiously stepped forward but not enough that he could touch her.
Mr. Ollicanders looks at her curiously for a moment but says nothing else. Instead, he picks up a wand box, takes out the wand and hands it to her.

"Holly and Phoenix Feather 9 and 3/4 inches. Perhaps this is the wand for you."

Sunny takes the wand and gently swishes it causing a streak of fire to burst out and hit the ladder. Mr. Ollivander quickly diminishes the fire and takes the wand away. "No, no definitely not THAT one." he mutters. Sunny was about to walk out when he said "I wonder..." he goes into the back room for a minute and comes out with a dusty wand box. He opens it up and hands her the wand. "Willow and Phoenix feather 10 inches." Sunny takes it and gives it a swish causing the books to levitate for a minute.

"Excellent choice Miss Swann." he replies.

"Thank-you sir!" Sunny exclaims and rushes out of the store with her new wand.
Back to top Go down
Kyra Henderson
Fourth Year
Kyra Henderson

Ollivanders Term 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ollivanders Term 1   Ollivanders Term 1 EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 8:27 pm

Kyra Henderson entered Ollivander's with the hopes of finding the perfect wand for her. The shop was quite dusty, as though it hadn't been cleaned for quite a while. Her mother entered after her.
"Are you ready Sweetheart?" asked her mother, Leeann.
"As ready as I'll ever be Mum," Kyra replied, playing with the pink, brown, and orange woven bracelet on her wrist.
Leeann went forward, pushing her daughter forward on the way. Kyra jumped when an old man popped up from behind the counter.
"Ah, I remember you," said Mr. Ollivander, pointing at Mrs. Henderson. Mrs. Henderson smiled and nodded to her daughter.
"She's looking for a wand."
The old man pulled out his wand and a small tape measure appeared, measuring every part of her, including the distance between her nostrils.
Ollivander rubbed his chin. "Wait here," said the Wandmaker. Kyra looked up at her mother, unsure of the old man's sanity. After all, he did have Einstein-like hair. Leeann looked back down at her daughter and silently assured her.
Mr. Ollivander came back about five minutes later with a maroon box. He opened the box after reaching the counter, revealing the wand hidden by the lid.
"I think this one might be just for you. Birch with a Thestral Hair core. Ten inches. Very supple." The man's smile encouraged Kyra to pick up the wand. The girl felt it in her fingertips. She felt a warmth on her fingers as it shot out red sparks.
"How is it Kiki?" her mother asked.
For the first time in about half a year, Kyra smiled.
"Perfect."

Last edited by Kyra Henderson on Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:29 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Accidentally missed a detail)
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2126315/

Ollivanders Term 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ollivanders Term 1   Ollivanders Term 1 EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 4:15 pm

Silver walked into Ollivander's to find herself a wand. she had an idea of what she needed, but it's not like she was a wand expert or anything.

Up at the counter she was met by a nice looking lady. she had kind eyes and spoke in a soothing voice, "I suppose you need a wand there sweetheart. where are your parents?"

"Excellent question. Let's just say they aren't coming." Silver smiled, but gave the impression that she didn't want to be asked to elaborate.

"Ok then, let's get started." She walked into the back and pulled a couple boxes. "Try this one first, it's ten inches, willow, with a dragon heartstring core. Give it a wave."

Silver did as she was told and produced red and blue sparks from the end of the wand. Immediately she knew that this was the one.
Back to top Go down

Ollivanders Term 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ollivanders Term 1   Ollivanders Term 1 EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 5:13 pm

With a sigh, Sami Criss exited Flourish and Botts. After all the trouble she went through just to get her books, she wished she had gone to get her wand first. But upon hearing her fathers warning that "The wand process can be a long process, hun. Mine took about two minutes, but I was lucky," the eleven year old took it on herself to put it last on her mental list.

She cautiously approached the ancient shop, a bit doubtful that this could be home to possibly the greatest wandmaker ever. To make sure her father was right, she peered in through a rusty-looking window.

Sami stood impatiently outside of the tiny shop as a mother and a girl about her age exited the shop, holding a wand. She deducted that this was in fact the right shop and stepped inside.

As she entered the decrepit shop, Sami nervously played with the Hawaiian flower in her hair. The jet-black locks in question swayed as the girl shyly walked up to the counter. Looking around, she noted that the room in question was in need of some dusting. The part-Irish girl had seen hobos cleaner than this room.

Faster than she could say "hello," a man of great age apeared in front of her on the other side of the counter holding a measuing tape. "Ah, Miss Criss. Here for yout wand, I assume?"

Same gaped in awe at the wizard before quickly closing it. What am I, a goldfish? She nodded, unsure what to do, when he began taking measurements. Before the wandmaker had the chance to ask, she said confidently, "I'm left-handed."

Once he had finihsed with his measurements, Mr. Ollivander scurried around the shelved in the back. It appeared as if he were searching for something. Probably her wand, no doubt. Not soon enough, the wizard arrived back at the counter with a box of roughly a foot.

"Here," he handed her the wand. "Try this, eleven inches. Maple with a peacock feather as its core. Very flexible, like your mothers."

Sami froze up for a second, before giving the wand a little loop-de-loop. Little hearts flew out of the wand, eventually forming a flower. The witch stood in awe. Mr. Ollivander clapped a bit before handing her the case. "Curious. Did you know that peacocks symbolize pride?"

She blushed, her father always told her that pride was her weakness. She grabbed the box and wand and departed from the shop.

Why didn't I just do this first?

[left]
Back to top Go down

Ollivanders Term 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ollivanders Term 1   Ollivanders Term 1 EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 12:42 am

Charlotte was so glad to get her wand. She felt that she'd be more secure with it, though she knew she'd have no idea what to say when in trouble.
"Go on," her aunt said, shoving her neice. "I'll wait for you out here. I don't feel to welcome to go inside one of those wizard shops. Especially this one."
Charlotte walked in an saw a man behind a counter. He seemed to be waiting, prepared, for people and had boxes all around him.
"Hello..." Charlotte said in a meek voice. "I'm here to but a wand," she said, thinking that one works for all.
"So come here," he said. She walked up slowly, not really liking the place. It was a lot dingier than the others.
"So...where do I get it at?" she asked.
He laughed. "Here," he said and handed her one. "Try it out." She raised an eyebrow and he laughed again. "Swish it." She waved it in the air and felt a jolt through her arm and dropped it. He shook his head.
"No...too strong," he said and handed her another one. "This one is good for charms. Willow, peacock feather, 9 inches." She gave another wave and a jolt, a good kinds like a bond, went through her.
"You've found your wand." She smiled, almost as if she was proud of herself.
Back to top Go down
Jasmine Delaware
Second Year
Jasmine Delaware

Ollivanders Term 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ollivanders Term 1   Ollivanders Term 1 EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 3:42 am

Jasmine looked forward to getting her wand more than anything else, but getting her textbooks was a close second. She entered the shop, marveling at the vast number of boxes, that no doubt housed wands of all make and origin.

Seeing a man standing there, she placed a smile on her face, and walked close to him. He didn't blink all that often, which was super creepy in Jasmine's opinion, but she opened her mouth to speak all the same.

"Hello," she said, "I'm needing a wand."

Twenty minutes past in which Jasmine and the man tried wand after wand until they found one that seemed to match Jasmine perfectly.

"Ahhh..." the man said, "Yes. Elm, 13 1/4 inches with a Unicorn hair, lovely."

Jasmine smiled and took her wand, with herself, out of the shop.
Back to top Go down
Anthony McGuire
Fourth Year
Anthony McGuire

Ollivanders Term 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ollivanders Term 1   Ollivanders Term 1 EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 4:27 am

Getting a wand was something that excited Andy immensely. He always watched his mother and father cast incantations with theirs and wanted to start making real, not accidental, magic of his own.

He walked into Ollivanders Wand store, and looked around at all the boxes on the shelves. He wondered in Merlin's name he'd find a wand that suited him.

He turned when he felt eyes upon him and awkwardly smiled when he saw a man standing behind the counter there.

"Erm.. Hi there. I'm after a wand."

Andy watched the man walk away without a word and came back with a box, heavy with dust. He blew it off and offered the box to Anthony. Andy took the box and lifted the lid, looking down to a handsome wand.

"Supple, that one there," the man said, " Hazel, 11 1/2 inches, with a peacock feather."

Andy picked up the wand and stared in amazement as the wand glowed brightly in his hand.

"You're really good," Andy told the wizard, amazed that he could find him a wand that suited him on the first try. "Thanks heaps."
Back to top Go down
Terry Berbatov
Fourth Year
Terry Berbatov

Ollivanders Term 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ollivanders Term 1   Ollivanders Term 1 EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 9:45 pm

Terry didn't see why so many kids were fascinated with getting a wand. Nothing special, right? It was just a wand; that was why her mother had decided to look for her books while she got it.
"Hello there, young one." Terry jumped, glaring at the old man who had nearly sent her iguana running from her pocket.
"Er, I need a wand, please." she said awkwardly, fighting to keep away her accent with success.
"Of course." He disappeared and returned several minutes later during which Terry had coughed several times from all of the dust. "Willow, 13 inches with the hair of a Veela. "
Terry snatched the wand from the box and waved it, bright pink sparks appearing from the tip.
"Perfect." she breathed in amazement.
Back to top Go down
http://bamfbbffs.tumblr.com
Sponsored content

Ollivanders Term 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ollivanders Term 1   Ollivanders Term 1 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ollivanders Term 1
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next