Hogwarts Novitas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In a realm of magic, anything is possible.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Novitas! Please read all of the information in the "Starting Out" forum. Hogwarts is now OPEN. Diagon Alley/Hogsmeade will remain open for a week. Happy posting.  - Wizard God

Flourish and Blotts Term 1

Go down 
+19
Marie Wilde
Leighton Vladimir
Terry Berbatov
Anthony McGuire
Jasmine Delaware
Kyra Henderson
Emily Sparrow
Noah Grayson
Adreis Conners
Jenn Black
Natalie Olivier
Makayla Hall
Elise Hamilton
Samuel Jude Parker III
Brianna Carter
Allison Walker
Gwen Cooper
James Wilson
Peter Wiggin
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Flourish and Blotts Term 1 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flourish and Blotts Term 1   Flourish and Blotts Term 1 - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 2:07 pm

Anne was back, she ducked in order the last few books "Astronomy, Transfiguration, and Care of Magical Creatures Beginner Please" Now she was definetly out of money
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Flourish and Blotts Term 1   Flourish and Blotts Term 1 - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 4:10 pm

Irina was finally there. The place that she ad been wanting to visit all of her life. Diagon Alley. Irina was starting Hogwarts this year as a transfer student from Baubatons. She was in her 6th year and couldn't wait to start at Hogwarts. Irina walked nervously down through the Alley, but she had a delightful swing in her step. She walked past many shops including Olivanders, she'd heard of his wands, and Madame Malkins Robes. She couldn't wait, But then she caught sight of the book store.

Its name was Flourish and Blotts. She knew that she had to hurry or her Mother would worry, but Irina just had to take a look inside. After all, she had to get her school books from somewhere.

Irina walked, lazily into the shop and started looking around. She was amazed at the different books, until a voice interupted her thoughts.

"Umm, do you need any help there miss?" The book seller asked her. Irina turned and smiled at the man.

"Umm, oui, I am a transfer student and i need Hogwarts 6th books. You don't happen to have a copy of these books do you?" Irina asked as she handed the man a sheet of Parchment with the list of her books and other equiptment on it. It read;

Intermediate Ancient Runes
Intermediate Care of Magical Creatures
Intermediate Charms
Advanced Charms
Intermediate Defense
Advanced Defense
Intermediate Herbology
Advanced Herbology
Intermediate History
Intermediate Muggle Studies
Intermediate Potions
Advanced Potions
Intermediate Transfiguration

"Yes, we have all of these books, but what are the Advanced books for?" He asked her with a peculiar look on his face.

"Well, I thought I would get a head start on next years books and have them for a bit of light reading." She explained with a faint blush creeping to her cheeks. "Oh, I almost forgot! I need a year supply of parchment and ink in these different colours please," And once again, Irina handed the shop owner another list with the different colours of ink. It read;

Parchment(year supply)
Quills (pack of 10)
Ink (in - gold, silver, light pink, hot pink, light red, dark red,blackcolor change, rainbow)

"Well, it looks like your going to be in Ravenclaw. I have a set of these books, brand new in today because of the new school year coming up of course. So if you want to come with me, we'll get your books and partchment and quills ecetera." The owner beamed as he thought about the huge buy Irina was about to make.

"Actually, I want to be in Gryffindor, I've heard so much about it and it sounds like a friendly place to be. Plus, I've heard that all Ravenclaws do is just sit around studying. I'm not like that, I just like to read." Irina said in a slightly dazed voice.

They went through the back and fifteen minutes later, Irina came out with a huge stack full of books, with a small bag to put her quills, partchment and ink in. She walked out and stood infront of the counter.

"That's 72 galleons please?" He asked. Irina nodded and placed the money on the counter before picking up her stuff, shrinking them and walking out of the shop with a huge smile upon her happy face.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Flourish and Blotts Term 1   Flourish and Blotts Term 1 - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 5:24 pm

"Ancient Runes for Beginners, Astronomy for Beginners, Charms for Beginners, Divination for Beginners, History for Beginners, Muggle Studies for Beginners and Potions for Beginners," said Essi as she hurriedly picked up her last lot of supplies. "Oh, and some parchment please. I'm going to be in Ravenclaw."

"Of course you are," said the man as he took her money.
Back to top Go down
Leighton Vladimir
Third Year
Leighton Vladimir

PostSubject: Re: Flourish and Blotts Term 1   Flourish and Blotts Term 1 - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 9:10 pm

Leighton walked into Flourish and Blotts with Alyxander. Once she entered the shop, she stopped still with her mouth agape. "Yeah, I've died and gone to Heaven." she stated as she looked at all of the books.
Alyx let out a chuckle as he looked at her list of books. "It says you need the beginner books for Potions, Defense Against the Dark Arts, Transfiguration, and History."
Leigh grinned as she walked around he store quickly, grabbing every book she needed. She was back to where Alyx was standing within a few minutes. "Ta da!" she cried, sort of breathless. She set the books down on a table before looking back at Alyx.
Alyxander raised an eyebrow at her. "Um, alright, good for you!" he said hesitantly as he looked down at the list again. "You need to get parchment, quills, and ink. Have fun getting that!"
Leighton scowled before walking over looking at all the different types of quills and ink. After choosing a pair of quills and two vials of ink, she returned to Alyx and him the merchandise. "Now pay." she demanded, her grey-green eyes sparkling like his do when they are doing something interesting.
Alyxander rolled his eyes an walked up to the counter. He stated each item as he set them on the counter. "Beginner book for Potions, Defense Against the Dark Arts, Transfiguration and History. A stack of parchment, two quills along with black ink and green ink. What a shock, Leigh!"
Leigh rolled her eyes at his comment as he watched him set 57 galleons on the counter and slide them to the cashier. Once the transaction was finished he turned toward Leighton with a large grin on his face. "My my little sister, you are quite the expensive little girl!" he sang while setting his arm on her shoulder.
"My my," she mocked back, "you are quite the jerk to your favorite sister!"
Alyx scoffed while picking up all her things. "Correction, I am a jerk to my only sister!" he replied with a smirk as he ruffled her already curly hair.
Leighton yelped at him and punched him in the shoulder giving him a glare. "Rude much? Learn some manners! GOSH!" she yelled while thinking about what to do next.

Last edited by Leighton Vladimir on Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:54 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : My order was unclear... and not all my products showed up on my profile.)
Back to top Go down
Elise Hamilton
Third Year
Elise Hamilton

PostSubject: Re: Flourish and Blotts Term 1   Flourish and Blotts Term 1 - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 1:41 am

To Whom It May Concern:

I would like to place a mail order for Muggle Studies for Beginners, Potions for Beginners, Transfiguration for Beginners, and Herbology for Beginners.

Please & thank you,
Elise Hawkins

@Hogwarts School of Witchcraft & Wizardry

-----
Total Cost: 32 Galleons
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Flourish and Blotts Term 1   Flourish and Blotts Term 1 - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 9:54 pm

To Whom It May Concern:

I started classes, and previously came to the store, but forgot to buy the following books:

Astronomy for Beginners

Care of Magical Creatures for Beginners

Divination for Beginners

The total cost will be 24 galleons.

Please & thank you,

Charlotte Willow

@Hogwarts School of Witchcraft & Wizardry
Hufflepuff house, first year
Back to top Go down
Marie Wilde
Second Year
Marie Wilde

PostSubject: Re: Flourish and Blotts Term 1   Flourish and Blotts Term 1 - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 7:50 am

Marie Wilde loved books, perhaps that was where she chose to go first, now that her parents had finally left her alone. Thank god for that. Entering in, she glanced about in awe, and her mouth slightly opened on its own accord.

Her feet took her to the front desk where she finally closed her mouth, and then reopened it to order the equipment she needed.

"Beginner books for History of Magic and Transfiguration," she started, and then her eyes roaming the list, continued, "Parchment, quills, red and blue ink, and lastly the color change ink".

Having received her things, it took her atleast more than half an hour to step outside the book store to head to the next one.

Back to top Go down
Thomas Celare
Fourth Year
Thomas Celare

PostSubject: Re: Flourish and Blotts Term 1   Flourish and Blotts Term 1 - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 10:52 am

To Whom it may Conern:

I would like to request a mailed copy of Potions for Beginners, as I had forgotten to get said book perviously.

It is only the cost of 8 Galleons. Thank you very much.

Thomas Celare, Slytherin First Year.
@ Hogwarts School Of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

Thomas hated the fact he was not always the best with letters, but he hoped the shopkeeper wouldn't find him to rude or presumptious as he sent the letter to Flourish and Blotts off.
Back to top Go down
Benjamin Tyler
First Year
Benjamin Tyler

PostSubject: Re: Flourish and Blotts Term 1   Flourish and Blotts Term 1 - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 11:00 pm

Benjamin wasn't really fond of most books, not when he had to read them anyway, that's why he was reluctant while he walked inside the store. He knew exactly which classes he wanted and which ones he didn't so, trying not to linger too much inside the store, he picked up the books and went to the counter.

"here they are: Charms, Defense, Herbology, Potions, and Transfiguration, all for beginners" he said with a strained polite smile, when a Quill caught his eye, and he turned to where it was, his smile became genuine while he picked what he had missed. "here, I'm taking too all of this" he said placing the things on top of the counter next to the books, there were 3 quills, parchment and red, maroon, dark red and black ink.

Once the shopkeeper had put everything inside a bag, he gave him the right amount of galleons "thank you very much, have a nice day" he said politely and walked away to meet his mother outside the shop.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Flourish and Blotts Term 1   Flourish and Blotts Term 1 - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 11:25 pm

Amanda entered the book store after getting her new wand. She wandered around the store for a bit, having no idea where she was going. Sighing quietly she made her way to the front desk and waited for the shopkeep to be finished.

"Hello." She said when the person at the counter turned to her. "I was wondering if you could help me." The shopkeep nodded. "Alright," She began pulling out her list from her pocket. "Well... I need: The first year Astronomy, Charms, And DADA books. I also need some parchment, a quill and some black ink." She said waiting for the shopkeep to ring her up.

Amanda placed the required money on the counter and left the shop.
Back to top Go down
Pierre Korsten
Fourth Year
Pierre Korsten

PostSubject: Re: Flourish and Blotts Term 1   Flourish and Blotts Term 1 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 8:23 pm

Pierre entered the book store, deciding to get this stop over with. Having no clue where anything was, he went over to the clerk, who looked at him questioningly.

"Hello, I would like Ancient Runes for Beginners, the Runes Dictionary, Care of Magical Creatures for Beginners, Divination for Beginners, Muggle Studies for Beginners, and Astronomy for Beginners. Also four quills, parchment and two bottles of black ink."

Leaving the required money on the counter, she left the shop laden with books and ready to get his other supplies.
Back to top Go down
Pierre Korsten
Fourth Year
Pierre Korsten

PostSubject: Re: Flourish and Blotts Term 1   Flourish and Blotts Term 1 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 10:47 pm

To Whom it may Concern:

I would like to request a mailed copy of Transfiguration, Charms and Potions, all at the Beginner levels as I had forgotten to get said book previously.

The amount of the cost is enclosed. Thank you very much.

Pierre Korsten, Hufflepuff First Year.
@ Hogwarts School Of Witchcraft and Wizardry.
Back to top Go down
Kyra Henderson
Fourth Year
Kyra Henderson

PostSubject: Re: Flourish and Blotts Term 1   Flourish and Blotts Term 1 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 11:10 pm

To whom it may concern,

Hello! I'd like to place a mail order for Defense Against the Dark Arts for Beginners and Ancient Runes for Beginners, as I forgot to buy these two books when I originally came to the store. The payment for said books, sixteen Galleons, is enclosed. Thank you so very much!

Kyra Henderson, Hufflepuff First Year,
@Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2126315/
Leighton Vladimir
Third Year
Leighton Vladimir

PostSubject: Re: Flourish and Blotts Term 1   Flourish and Blotts Term 1 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 11:16 pm

To whom is may concern,

Hello. I would like to place a mail order for Defense Against the Dark Arts, Ancient Runes, Potions, Transfiguration, Muggle Studies, and History of Magic for beginners as I didn't get them when I originally when to the shop. The payment for said books is enclosed. Thank you!

Leighton Vladimir, Slytherin First Year,
@Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

Last edited by Leighton Vladimir on Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Flourish and Blotts Term 1   Flourish and Blotts Term 1 - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 3:44 am

Scorpius was lead into the Book Store by his Father. He had convinced him with the wand, but Scorpius wasn't able to convince his father about the books. He didn't want that much though really, hence him not attempting to persuade as much as he could of. Scorpius went straight for the Potions book, while his father passed him a school textbook for Ancient Runes and one for Transfiguration, Scorpius also picked out a Charms and History of Magic textbook, he looked at the variety of quills and inks, settling on simple green before walking over to the counter. "Hello. Could I please have Ancient Runes for Beginners, Transfiguration for beginners, Charms for Beginners, History of Magic for beginners and Potions for beginners please? Some Green Ink and a Green Quill also?" He asked politely, while his father had retreated into another section of books, reading the titles and a scant amount of the pages. Some of them were quite large volumes. Scorpius paid the Shopkeeper, before thanking him, going after his father, who replied with. 'Okay Little Scorpion, is that everything you need now?' Scorpius thought over it for a while, before shaking his head.. He had his wand, his robes, his books and his Potions ingredients, but the one thing he didn't have was "An Owl." Thus, Scorpius and his father went out the shop, but his father disagreed on the way. You could get that next year, could you not? He asked. Scorpius understood why his father said that, so nodded, and followed him back to their Manor.

Last edited by Scorpius Malfoy on Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gwen Cooper
Fourth Year
Gwen Cooper

PostSubject: Re: Flourish and Blotts Term 1   Flourish and Blotts Term 1 - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 10:00 am

Dear Floursish and Botts,
I´d like to order the Divination book for beginners please. The eight galleons are enclosed but be careful. The owl bites.
Thank you very much,
Gwen Cooper.

Gwen sealed the letter and tied it to the owl who promptly tried to nip her fingers. She poked it lightly and it stopped and flew off. For the love of Merlin she couldn´t remember why she had forgotten that book.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Flourish and Blotts Term 1   Flourish and Blotts Term 1 - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 1:44 pm

Rowan Drake walked through the doors of Flourish & Blotts with her little brother Mason. She was carrying a size 2, pewter cauldron which contained her first year's potions kit as well. It wasn't very heavy, so she didn't much mind carrying it. Upon entering the shop, both siblings looked around. Rowan was pleasantly surprised to see so many different books around her. They all had interesting titles and, although she wasn't the bookworm type, she did like to read when she had nothing better to do. Especially during the summers. Mason, on the other hand, did not seem too impressed. Rowan assumed it was because he wouldn't be able to get any of this stuff for himself for four more years. The seven year-old boy was unhappy that he had an older sister, meaning she'd get to go to Hogwarts first.

"Oh, stop pouting," she scolded as they walked farther into the store, looking around the different sections of the shop. There were entire bookcases dedicated to different subjects. Arithmancy was probably going to be one of the classes she scored best in. She was really good with numbers. "I promise, if you stop sulking and help me find the things on my list, I'll convince mum and dad to let me get two pets, and I'll give one to you," she told him with a condescending tone. His eyes lit up, "I want a-"

"No, help me find these first. Then we'll discuss what I'll get you," she told him, her eyes warning. He sighed and took the list. With his help, they easily founded everything they needed, and Rowan stacked the books onto the counter up front. The man behind the counter gave her a small smile. "Hogwarts, eh?" he said, counting up the books and calculating how much it would cost. Rowan eyed the assortment of quills and ink they had on a nearby desk.

"Ancient Runes, Astronomy, Charms, Defense, Arithmancy, Herbology, History, Potions, and Transfiguration. All for Beginners," Rowan said, her eyes going back to him just a tad impatiently. "Throw in dark green ink, black ink, two gold quills, and some parchment. That'll be all," she told the man, pushing forward the exact amount of money without needing him to tell her how much it was. Mason ran over to the other table and got her other items while she set down her cauldron and stacked the books inside of it. She gave a curt nod to the shop keeper before picking up the now slightly heavy cauldron and carrying it slowly to the door, trying not to drop it. She wasn't wobbling or anything, but to keep up her dignity she had to walk slowly so as not to stumble. When she made it to the door, she felt like she was missing something. Or someone.

"Mason, come on," she called to her little bother of a brother. Mason ran over to his sister and placed the quills, ink, and parchment into the cauldron while she gave an impatient sigh. "Get the door, Mace," she said, and he nodded. Mason pushed open the door and allowed her to walk out ahead of him. Rowan saw him let go and follow closely behind her when she was out of the door's range. "Now, about my new pet.." he started with a wide grin, the door to the book shop closing behind them while Rowan rolled her eyes at him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Flourish and Blotts Term 1   Flourish and Blotts Term 1 - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 6:50 pm

Ellen walked into flourish and blotts with her brother, Calum allowed her to purchase her things first. She stepped up to the counter and smiled at the shop keeper, “Hello can I have History of Magic, transfiguration, care of mgical creatures, Astronomy and Divination for beginners please. Oh and some parchment, ink and a quill” she added the last part and she got her money and handed it over to the women. She thanked her and took her books before standing to the side while her brother bought his own books. She was happy as she was pretty sure they could go home now.
Back to top Go down
Hester Alderman
Fifth Year
Hester Alderman

PostSubject: Flourish and Blotts Term 1   Flourish and Blotts Term 1 - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 11:47 am

Hester walked into the shop. She had finally shrugged off her mother, who had gone to get a drink in the Leakey Cauldron.

She gazed around at all of the books. She absolutely adored books, and she'd never seen so many in her life.

I wonder if Hogwarts has a library, she thought.

She ran her hand along the shelves, feeling the spines of the books against her finger tips. The whole shop smelt of books. Old books and new books alike.

She searched for the books she needed. Ancient Runes for Beginners on one shelf, Astronomy for Beginners on another. Care of Magical Creatures for Beginners and Charms for Beginners were on the same shelf, but at opposite ends, and Defence Against the Dark Arts for Beginners was hidden under a stack of curse books.

She reached the till with a huge stack of books.

"Ancient Runes for Beginners, Astronomy for Beginners, Care of Magical Creatures for Beginners, Charms for Beginners, Defence Against the Dark Arts for Beginners, Divination for Beginners, Herbology for Beginners, History of Magic for Beginners, Muggle Studies for Beginners, Potions for Beginners and Transfiguration for Beginners," she said in one breath. "Oh, and two quills, some parchment and a bottle of dark purple ink, please."

"You gonna be in Ravenclaw?" asked the shopkeeper, counting out her galleons.
"No, Gryffindor," said Hester proudly. She had read up about the houses, and although she wasn't too sure about any of them, she had decided that Gryffindor would be the best for her. She didn't know how she would get sorted, the actual process, but she was certain she could convince them where to put her. "I just like reading, is all."

She left the shop heavily laden with books.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Flourish and Blotts Term 1   Flourish and Blotts Term 1 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Flourish and Blotts Term 1
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2