Hogwarts Novitas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In a realm of magic, anything is possible.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Novitas! Please read all of the information in the "Starting Out" forum. Hogwarts is now OPEN. Diagon Alley/Hogsmeade will remain open for a week. Happy posting.  - Wizard God

Because butterbeer always tastes best after laying on a gross old couch...

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Landon Montgomery
Fourth Year
Landon Montgomery

Because butterbeer always tastes best after laying on a gross old couch... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Because butterbeer always tastes best after laying on a gross old couch...   Because butterbeer always tastes best after laying on a gross old couch... - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 4:20 am

"You know, it's funny, I was just thinking the same thing." Landon told Natalie. "There a reason why I can't though. I wouldn't fit in with the snobby girls at all. I mean, look at how I was with those two Ravenclaw girls during first year. That didn't end too well, now did it? If it weren't for you I would've had to stand there miserable." He took a sip of his butterbeer and realized it was almost empty which made him sigh. This would mean one of them would have to get up again.
Back to top Go down
Natalie Olivier
Fifth Year
Natalie Olivier

Because butterbeer always tastes best after laying on a gross old couch... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Because butterbeer always tastes best after laying on a gross old couch...   Because butterbeer always tastes best after laying on a gross old couch... - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 4:39 am

Natalie had to beg to differ about how that day during first year had ended. "I think it ended well. I mean, if you hadn't been stuck with them in the first place, I wouldn't have saved you and we wouldn't have become friends," she pointed out. "We wouldn't be here right now. None of this would have ever happened."

She saw him sigh at his glass and laughed. "Do you want me to go get you another one?" she offered.
Back to top Go down
Landon Montgomery
Fourth Year
Landon Montgomery

PostSubject: Re: Because butterbeer always tastes best after laying on a gross old couch...   Because butterbeer always tastes best after laying on a gross old couch... - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 4:57 am

"It did end well but I would've liked to meet you on different terms. But I did hear Terry has a thing for me or did which is kind of funny to imagine especially since she was so rude to me at first." Landon shrugged. "Doesn't matter anyway. We're too young for relationships." He smiled when she offered to get the butterbeer. He moved back to his side. "We can take turns." That's what friends did, right?
Back to top Go down
Natalie Olivier
Fifth Year
Natalie Olivier

PostSubject: Re: Because butterbeer always tastes best after laying on a gross old couch...   Because butterbeer always tastes best after laying on a gross old couch... - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 5:09 am

Natalie laughed at the idea of the Ravenclaw girl having a crush on Landon. It wasn't that he was unattractive, more that she didn't seem the type to change her mind on someone so quickly. How could she go from being rude to him one second to having a crush on him the next? It was funny.

She got up and went to the bar. Well, it was more like a skip, though there wasn't enough space to actually skip. It took a few tries to get the bartenders attention, but when she did, she ordered them two butterbeers. It took her longer to rifle through her pockets for the right amount of change than it did for the bartender to bring her the drinks. "Thank you," she said politely, taking one in each hand.

She was about to skip back when she remembered that skipping plus open glasses with liquid inside equaled a big slippery mess all over the floor, so she walked back with as much caution as she could. Back at the table, she set one of the glass in front of Landon and sat in her seat with the other. "Nearly fell a few times but here we are, nice and safe," she grinned.
Back to top Go down
Landon Montgomery
Fourth Year
Landon Montgomery

PostSubject: Re: Because butterbeer always tastes best after laying on a gross old couch...   Because butterbeer always tastes best after laying on a gross old couch... - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 5:58 am

Landon watched Natalie skip away and shook his head. She was bound to fall on her little journey. He was certain he'd be hearing a crash in a few minutes. It took her a little longer than he anticipated but he knew it was only because of how many people were actually in the Three Broomsticks. When he came back, he was surprised to see her actually walking slowly. She probably didn't want to fall and spill their drinks. "Thanks Natalie." He said before picking up his drink and taking a sip of it. "So anything you want to talk about?" He wasn't exactly good at striking up a conversation so he decided to see if Natalie had ideas.
Back to top Go down
Natalie Olivier
Fifth Year
Natalie Olivier

PostSubject: Re: Because butterbeer always tastes best after laying on a gross old couch...   Because butterbeer always tastes best after laying on a gross old couch... - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 6:05 am

Natalie could tell by the look on his face that Landon had expected her to fall, or at the very least, knock something over. She smirked at him, feeling triumphant that she'd made it the whole way without breaking a single item in the pub.

She thought about his question. What did she want to talk about? "Will you teach me how to fly a broom?" she asked. She hadn't taken flying lessons during first year because she'd been scared. She hadn't even been to the Quidditch Pitch since the day she met Landon. She was still scared of heights, but for all she knew, flying was nice and she might actually enjoy it.
Back to top Go down
Landon Montgomery
Fourth Year
Landon Montgomery

PostSubject: Re: Because butterbeer always tastes best after laying on a gross old couch...   Because butterbeer always tastes best after laying on a gross old couch... - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 6:20 am

Landon wasn't sure if he was correct or not but he though Natalie had once told him that she was afraid of flying. It really surprised him when she asked if he'd teach her how to fly. "Actually I haven't used my broom in a while. I don't know why I just don't feel the urge to fly anymore like I did when I was younger. If I ever change my mind and decide to start flying again, I promise I'll take you." He smiled at her and felt kind of guilty that he did stop flying.
Back to top Go down
Natalie Olivier
Fifth Year
Natalie Olivier

PostSubject: Re: Because butterbeer always tastes best after laying on a gross old couch...   Because butterbeer always tastes best after laying on a gross old couch... - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 6:36 am

Natalie had been hoping for Landon to agree to teach her, but it was useless if he didn't really fly anymore. It was a shame, since he'd really seemed to love it when she first met him. She wondered what had changed. She brushed it off, it wasn't like he just didn't want to teach her. "Don't worry about it," she smiled. "I can ask someone on the Quidditch team or something." She just hoped that if one of them agreed, they wouldn't be too rough on her or anything like that.
Back to top Go down
Landon Montgomery
Fourth Year
Landon Montgomery

PostSubject: Re: Because butterbeer always tastes best after laying on a gross old couch...   Because butterbeer always tastes best after laying on a gross old couch... - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 6:39 am

"Just as long as it's not that Pierre guy. I know he's in your house so it'd be the easiest to arrange something with him but really...I don't like him." Landon shook his head at the thought of Pierre and then smirked. "Besides, Pierre might try to flirt with you and sweep you off your feet. This would only give Terry more of a chance to flirt with me to win me over. Who knows, it could happen." He took a sip of his butterbeer. Hopefully this would make her stay away from Pierre. One could only hope.
Back to top Go down
Natalie Olivier
Fifth Year
Natalie Olivier

PostSubject: Re: Because butterbeer always tastes best after laying on a gross old couch...   Because butterbeer always tastes best after laying on a gross old couch... - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 8:19 am

"Pierre... Pierre..." Natalie said aloud as she tried to place the name. He was in her house, obviously (something that she really only remembered because Landon had said it). "Oh, Pierre!" she said excitedly when she finally placed the name (she really needed to try harder to pay better attention to things). "I met him once, in the Leaky Cauldron. I taught him how to drown pirates," she grinned across the table at Landon.
Back to top Go down
Landon Montgomery
Fourth Year
Landon Montgomery

PostSubject: Re: Because butterbeer always tastes best after laying on a gross old couch...   Because butterbeer always tastes best after laying on a gross old couch... - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 8:37 am

Landon sighed and shook his head. "Maybe you should teach him how to drown himself." He mumbled. Pierre definitely wasn't on Landon's good list. "I mean, I guess I could talk to his cousin just to see how things go." He shrugged. Pierre would go after Natalie just to make Landon and Natalie separate from each other, Landon was sure of it. He tried to warn her but obviously she wasn't taking it. It would be her loss if he disappeared.
Back to top Go down
Natalie Olivier
Fifth Year
Natalie Olivier

PostSubject: Re: Because butterbeer always tastes best after laying on a gross old couch...   Because butterbeer always tastes best after laying on a gross old couch... - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 3:37 am

Natalie wasn't sure that she heard what she thought she just heard. "What's wrong with him?" she asked. He'd seemed nice enough when she'd met him. A bit uptight perhaps, but nothing that a little bit of fun couldn't cure. "Wait, are you jealous that I might be friends with a boy who isn't you?" she asked with a slow smile spreading over her face.
Back to top Go down
Landon Montgomery
Fourth Year
Landon Montgomery

PostSubject: Re: Because butterbeer always tastes best after laying on a gross old couch...   Because butterbeer always tastes best after laying on a gross old couch... - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 5:09 am

"There are many things wrong with him. One, he's rude and doesn't know how to act in the presence of a lady. Two, he has an ego the size on this planet. Three, I just don't like him." If he and Pierre actually sat down and talked, Landon was sure they could potentially be friends bit he definitely wasn't going out of his way. When Natalie asked if he was jealous he shook his head. "You haven't been listening have you. You befriend Pierre and that gives Terry the perfect opportunity to come in and take me away. Do you want me with Terry?"
Back to top Go down
Natalie Olivier
Fifth Year
Natalie Olivier

PostSubject: Re: Because butterbeer always tastes best after laying on a gross old couch...   Because butterbeer always tastes best after laying on a gross old couch... - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 5:27 am

Natalie took a slow sip of her butterbeer as she listened to Landon list the things that he didn't like about Pierre. "Alright, alright, I get it! I won't ask him to help me with anything," she promised. She shook her head when he asked if she wanted him with Terry.

"It's a two way street, you know. I mean, she can't steal you away unless you don't try to stop her," she pointed out quietly. She hoped that, if for some reason Terry did try to do anything with Landon, he'd turn her down. "So I suppose if she steals you away then it means you were never mine to begin with. Not mine, like mine mine, but mine like... you know what I mean." What was it with her and not being able to form a coherent sentence around him lately? All she meant was if Terry and Landon formed some sort of relationship, then it meant that she'd never really had him at all. She hoped it made sense to Landon.
Back to top Go down
Landon Montgomery
Fourth Year
Landon Montgomery

PostSubject: Re: Because butterbeer always tastes best after laying on a gross old couch...   Because butterbeer always tastes best after laying on a gross old couch... - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 5:37 am

It was kind of fun for Landon to see Natalie all unorganized and kind of lost.He liked saying and doing things to get reactions. When she stopped reacting the way she did he'd know she stopped caring. Maybe in a way it was his way of testing her to see if things had changed. Landon wasn't sure what to call it but it was definitely funny. "Uh huh. You want me to be yours for good, I get it." He chuckled and took a sip of his butterbeer. Of course, he didn't mean it seriously but he had such a good pokerface she'd never be able to tell he didn't mean it. "You want to kiss me, love me, marry me, have my children. I can see right through it." Again teasing but he was sure she couldn't tell the difference.
Back to top Go down
Natalie Olivier
Fifth Year
Natalie Olivier

PostSubject: Re: Because butterbeer always tastes best after laying on a gross old couch...   Because butterbeer always tastes best after laying on a gross old couch... - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 5:47 am

Natalie nearly choked on her butterbeer as she heard Landon saying things that he thought she wanted (some of which she was pretty sure she did want, but he didn't need to know that). "No! I mean yes. I mean no. I mean... It's not that you're not... I'm just..."

Natalie wanted her chair to turn into a portkey and take her anywhere but here. She put her glass down, put both her arms down on it, and rested her head on them to hide her fiercely blushing face. "Can we talk about something else please? Anything else," she mumbled with her head still facing the table.
Back to top Go down
Landon Montgomery
Fourth Year
Landon Montgomery

PostSubject: Re: Because butterbeer always tastes best after laying on a gross old couch...   Because butterbeer always tastes best after laying on a gross old couch... - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 5:52 am

Landon watched Natalie speak. He wanted to laugh at her so badly but he knew that'd only embarrass her more so he did his best not to actually laugh out loud even though he was cracking up inside. He shook his head. "Now I'm just gonna laugh." With that he started laughing. It took him about a minute to compose himself. "Alright now that we know you want to marry me and don't know what to do about it...what do you want to talk abut? Nothing about frazzlegorps Natalie, I mean it."
Back to top Go down
Natalie Olivier
Fifth Year
Natalie Olivier

PostSubject: Re: Because butterbeer always tastes best after laying on a gross old couch...   Because butterbeer always tastes best after laying on a gross old couch... - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 6:02 am

Natalie kept her head down as Landon laughed because, even though he had a nice laugh and she liked to listen to it, the fact that he was laughing at her made her blush even more, and it was made even worse by him correctly identifying her problem. It took a few deep breaths for her to calm down and to let the blush go away enough that she could sit up straight.

"I don't know," she said honestly. For once, she was at a complete loss. She wanted to ask him how he felt about her, but she doubted he knew for sure, and if he did, he probably wouldn't tell her. "It's nice out today," she said lamely, since she couldn't think of anything else.
Back to top Go down
Landon Montgomery
Fourth Year
Landon Montgomery

PostSubject: Re: Because butterbeer always tastes best after laying on a gross old couch...   Because butterbeer always tastes best after laying on a gross old couch... - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 6:06 am

Landon chuckled. "It is, isn't it?" He could tell something was up. Her energy was pretty low and she didn't say something interesting or funny. Maybe she just didn't have anything spectacular to say. It didn't bother him too much but now he had to think of something. "Do you like fairy floss?" She seemed like the kind of girl who would have an obsession with it so he wondered if she liked it.
Back to top Go down
Natalie Olivier
Fifth Year
Natalie Olivier

PostSubject: Re: Because butterbeer always tastes best after laying on a gross old couch...   Because butterbeer always tastes best after laying on a gross old couch... - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 6:25 am

What was the matter with them? They were actually having a conversation about the weather and cotton candy. Natalie almost couldn't believe it. Although, she did love cotton candy, so she nodded in response to his question. She wanted to tell him that it was actually a really good bait for Frazzlegorps, but he'd told her not to talk about them again, so she didn't. "Why'd you stop flying so much?" she asked him, deciding to return to a skipped portion of their earlier conversation.
Back to top Go down
Landon Montgomery
Fourth Year
Landon Montgomery

PostSubject: Re: Because butterbeer always tastes best after laying on a gross old couch...   Because butterbeer always tastes best after laying on a gross old couch... - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 6:31 am

Landon shrugged. "I just don't want to do it. I'd rather look at girls now. It's probably just a part of growing up. You leave your old loves behind to go find new things you love. Right now I love girls. They're pretty, they have soft skin, they're fun to kiss." There really wasn't much to why he stopped flying. It was just because. There was no rhyme or reason for it so he really didn't know what to tell Natalie.
Back to top Go down
Natalie Olivier
Fifth Year
Natalie Olivier

PostSubject: Re: Because butterbeer always tastes best after laying on a gross old couch...   Because butterbeer always tastes best after laying on a gross old couch... - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 6:39 am

Natalie decided to ignore the fact that Landon was talking about girls in general and instead chose to believe that he was talking specifically about her, which make her happier. "Well I think it's a shame that you gave it up because I would have liked for you to be the one to teach me," she said. "Especially since I've never kissed anyone up in the air before," she added with a wink.
Back to top Go down
Landon Montgomery
Fourth Year
Landon Montgomery

PostSubject: Re: Because butterbeer always tastes best after laying on a gross old couch...   Because butterbeer always tastes best after laying on a gross old couch... - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 6:42 am

Landon shrugged. "We'll see. Right now I don't have any urges to hop on a broom and start flying all over the place. When I do want to fly again you'll be the first to know and I'll take you flying. Maybe you'll get a kiss out of the deal. It depends on if I can kiss and fly and if you can coax me into the kissing mood." He grinned brightly at her and chuckled.
Back to top Go down
Natalie Olivier
Fifth Year
Natalie Olivier

PostSubject: Re: Because butterbeer always tastes best after laying on a gross old couch...   Because butterbeer always tastes best after laying on a gross old couch... - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 6:48 am

Natalie raised an eyebrow at Landon as she listened to him talk. "Maybe I'll just wait and see if you get the urge to get your broom out then," she said. She would feel much safer if she was flying with him.

She was pretty sure that there hadn't been a time yet where she hadn't been able to coax him into a kissing mood. There wasn't really much to it, though she liked to think it was just because he liked to kiss her all the time. "When aren't you in a kissing mood?" she asked playfully.
Back to top Go down
Landon Montgomery
Fourth Year
Landon Montgomery

PostSubject: Re: Because butterbeer always tastes best after laying on a gross old couch...   Because butterbeer always tastes best after laying on a gross old couch... - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 6:57 am

"When I'm sleeping, when I'm in the shower, when I'm eating. There are a lot of times I don't want to kiss you're just never around me any of those times." It was probably good she never saw him in the shower. He knew it would make their friendship awkward and he was sure she knew it would too. His plan was to make a whole list of time she didn't want to kiss just to prove to her he didn't like to kiss all the time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Because butterbeer always tastes best after laying on a gross old couch...   Because butterbeer always tastes best after laying on a gross old couch... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Because butterbeer always tastes best after laying on a gross old couch...
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next