Hogwarts Novitas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In a realm of magic, anything is possible.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Novitas! Please read all of the information in the "Starting Out" forum. Hogwarts is now OPEN. Diagon Alley/Hogsmeade will remain open for a week. Happy posting.  - Wizard God

Because butterbeer always tastes best after laying on a gross old couch...

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Natalie Olivier
Fifth Year
Natalie Olivier

Because butterbeer always tastes best after laying on a gross old couch... Empty
PostSubject: Because butterbeer always tastes best after laying on a gross old couch...   Because butterbeer always tastes best after laying on a gross old couch... EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 6:25 am

Natalie stayed securely on Landon's back for the whole walk to the pub, ignoring any odd looks that they drew from other students or people who lived in the village along the way. "You know, maybe one of these days, I'll give you a piggy back ride instead," she teased, sliding off his back when they had reached the exterior of the pub.

It was packed, as always, and she had no idea where they were going to sit until she spotted a table near the back that looked as though it had recently been vacated. She carefully weaved her way around people until she made it there, sliding into one of the seats, relieved that there had been a space for them. "Looks like we have good timing," she said to Landon, smiling.
Back to top Go down
Landon Montgomery
Fourth Year
Landon Montgomery

Because butterbeer always tastes best after laying on a gross old couch... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Because butterbeer always tastes best after laying on a gross old couch...   Because butterbeer always tastes best after laying on a gross old couch... EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 6:32 am

It didn't take too long for Landon and Natalie to get to The Three Broomsticks. His main obstacle was all the people scurrying around. He did his best to avoid them and get to his destination. Once inside The Three Broomsticks, Landon felt Natalie slide off of his back. At her comment, he laughed. "Natalie you can't handle me." Ok so maybe that sounded a little bit wrong but oh well. He was going to let her mind wander. They were a little young to think that way but he was a boy filled with hormones and his brain automatically went there. When they got their table and she said they had good timing, Landon nodded. "It's only because me falling on you and kissing you took up more time. If we would've left immediately we wouldn't have gotten a table." He stuck his tongue out at her and then took a seat.
Back to top Go down
Natalie Olivier
Fifth Year
Natalie Olivier

PostSubject: Re: Because butterbeer always tastes best after laying on a gross old couch...   Because butterbeer always tastes best after laying on a gross old couch... EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 6:43 am

Natalie couldn't think of a snappy comeback to his remark about not being able to handle him, so she just stuck her tongue out at him. She was sure that she would be able to handle him just fine; she was a strong girl. Wait... that was how he meant it... right?

"Yeah, falling on me," she teased, rolling her eyes. She didn't believe for one second that it had really been an accident, although she certainly hadn't minded. It was innocent enough and they hadn't done anything wrong, so it was okay in her book.

There was normally a waitress or two walking about the pub taking orders, but it was so packed that it didn't appear that they would be waited on anytime soon; it looked like the only way they were going to get a drink would be to go up to the bar. "Shall I get the drinks, or do you want to?" she asked.
Back to top Go down
Landon Montgomery
Fourth Year
Landon Montgomery

PostSubject: Re: Because butterbeer always tastes best after laying on a gross old couch...   Because butterbeer always tastes best after laying on a gross old couch... EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 6:52 am

Landon noticed that Natalie didn't comment on his first remark which made him smirk a bit. Maybe it had gone over her head or she still felt too awkward to say something. He knew she could tell he didn't really fall on her on accident but even so he wasn't going to admit it. "What? It was on accident." He looked around at the waitresses scurrying around and knew as well as Natalie they were going to have to wait a long time to get a drink. When she said one of them would have to go to the bar, he smirked. Another chance for him to make her jealous. "Well I think I should go. One reason being I'm a gentleman as you said before and the other reason being...if you leave it gives some girl to come over and steal me away." Before she could reply he was off at the bar ordering their drinks. It took a while for the bar person to come over and take his order and that made him smirk even more. It probably meant by now Natalie's thoughts were driving her crazy. About three minutes later, Landon was walking over with the drinks. He sat in front of Natalie and pretended to be flustered. "Sorry, some girl was flirting with me, I couldn't pull myself a way." Before he started laughing, he took a sip of his butterbeer.
Back to top Go down
Natalie Olivier
Fifth Year
Natalie Olivier

PostSubject: Re: Because butterbeer always tastes best after laying on a gross old couch...   Because butterbeer always tastes best after laying on a gross old couch... EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 7:35 am

"Uh-huh, sure," Natalie rolled her eyes at his insistence that it had been an accident.

She looked around while he was gone and noticed a few people she knew from school. She smiled and waved at them, though she couldn't risk going over to actually say hi, in case someone else came and swiped their table away.

If she wore a watch, she would have been staring at it, wondering why it was taking Landon so long. It was too crowded for her to even be able to see him from where she was sitting. She smiled when he returned, though it faltered momentarily when he said some girl was flirting with him.

"Well I hope that you told her that you were in the company of the prettiest girl in school and didn't have time to waste on her," she said, only half-joking. She didn't like the idea or other girls flirting with him.
Back to top Go down
Landon Montgomery
Fourth Year
Landon Montgomery

PostSubject: Re: Because butterbeer always tastes best after laying on a gross old couch...   Because butterbeer always tastes best after laying on a gross old couch... EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 9:10 am

Landon looked at Natalie with a serious face. "Actual I told her I'd meet up with her tonight around 8." He took another sip of his drink because he was close to laughing. No one was holding Landon's interest yet...at least he didn't think anyone was. He didn't really pay attention to the girls. The only girl he ever spent anytime with was Natalie. She was just his best friend he liked to kiss and she took him on adventures which resulted in more kissing.
Back to top Go down
Natalie Olivier
Fifth Year
Natalie Olivier

PostSubject: Re: Because butterbeer always tastes best after laying on a gross old couch...   Because butterbeer always tastes best after laying on a gross old couch... EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 9:21 am

Natalie put on the best poker face she could. There was no way she was jealous of this girl that Landon was going to meet up with. Nope. Not one bit. Okay, maybe a teeny tiny bit. A little. Ish. Okay, a lot, if she was being honest. But they were just friends. He was perfectly welcome to see whomever he liked.

"That's... nice," she said, forcing a smile on her face. "I hope you have a nice time," she took a sip of her butterbeer to conceal her disappointment.
Back to top Go down
Landon Montgomery
Fourth Year
Landon Montgomery

PostSubject: Re: Because butterbeer always tastes best after laying on a gross old couch...   Because butterbeer always tastes best after laying on a gross old couch... EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 3:42 pm

Landon might have been a guy and guys didn't always catch all the hints but this was clear as day. He wasn't stupid. It bothered Natalie to think he was meeting up with another girl. With a chuckle, he moved next to her and wrapped his arm around her. "Hey...don't be upset. Don't tell me that doesn't bother you because I know it does." He kissed the top of her head. "No other girls. Actually no girls I'm like that with. The only girl I bother with is you and you know what we do." He shrugged and then kissed her on the lips.
Back to top Go down
Natalie Olivier
Fifth Year
Natalie Olivier

PostSubject: Re: Because butterbeer always tastes best after laying on a gross old couch...   Because butterbeer always tastes best after laying on a gross old couch... EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 4:50 pm

Natalie blushed that Landon was being so affectionate in front of so many other people. She had renewed hope that he wasn't just going to up and ignore her some day, not for some random girl that started chatting him up in a pub. She had to remind herself that it had only been a joke and that the girl in question did not exist. "Yeah, I knew that," she lied.

She returned his kiss, not really caring who was watching. They could assume what they wanted about Landon and Natalie. She kissed him again, for reassurance that he didn't go around acting like this with every girl he met.
Back to top Go down
Landon Montgomery
Fourth Year
Landon Montgomery

PostSubject: Re: Because butterbeer always tastes best after laying on a gross old couch...   Because butterbeer always tastes best after laying on a gross old couch... EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 3:33 am

Landon shook his head. He knew Natalie though he was serious. Instead of commenting, he decided to just let it slide. He held onto her hand, intertwining their fingers before grabbing his butterbeer and taking a sip. After looking around, he realized everyone was so into their own conversations they'd never notice him and Natalie. Knowing this, Landon relaxed. He didn't need anyone to start rumors and make false accusations. He was just friends with Natalie. There was nothing wrong with kissing your best friend.
Back to top Go down
Natalie Olivier
Fifth Year
Natalie Olivier

PostSubject: Re: Because butterbeer always tastes best after laying on a gross old couch...   Because butterbeer always tastes best after laying on a gross old couch... EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 4:14 am

Natalie gave Landon's hand a little squeeze and took a sip of her own butterbeer. She wondered what she would do when the day inevitably came where one of them really did attract attention from some other boy or girl. Hopefully it was far enough off that she wouldn't have to deal with it anytime soon. "You know, I think the Frazzlegorps have moved up to the clock tower," she said, resting her head on his shoulder.
Back to top Go down
Landon Montgomery
Fourth Year
Landon Montgomery

PostSubject: Re: Because butterbeer always tastes best after laying on a gross old couch...   Because butterbeer always tastes best after laying on a gross old couch... EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 4:19 am

Landon never really worried about Natalie going off to another guy mostly because they were just friends and if she did find another guy then it meant she had finally fallen for someone. Their arrangement couldn't go on forever. Someday they would go their separate ways and find actual people to date. For now they were able to keep up their arrangement. When she mentioned the Frazzlegorps, he chuckled and shook his head. "You would think of that right now."
Back to top Go down
Natalie Olivier
Fifth Year
Natalie Olivier

PostSubject: Re: Because butterbeer always tastes best after laying on a gross old couch...   Because butterbeer always tastes best after laying on a gross old couch... EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 4:27 am

Natalie smiled and looked up at Landon, laughing. "What? They really are! I swear! Haven't you heard the difference in the tone of the bell when it rings?" she got really close to his ear and dropped the volume of her voice so that she wouldn't attract too much attention from the people around them. "It used to be just a normal bong, but now it's a sort of bongzzzzzz," she did her best to imitate the tone of the bell and the difference between how it used to sound and how it sounded now.
Back to top Go down
Landon Montgomery
Fourth Year
Landon Montgomery

PostSubject: Re: Because butterbeer always tastes best after laying on a gross old couch...   Because butterbeer always tastes best after laying on a gross old couch... EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 5:25 am

Landon shook his head at Natalie. "You're so odd." He told her with a chuckle. "No one usually pays attention to the sound of bells. I can safely say you're the only person I know that actually does." It was true. Not even he paid attention to the sound of the bells and he was really observant. "I suppose I could try to listen more but I doubt I will. Bells don't really catch my attention."
Back to top Go down
Natalie Olivier
Fifth Year
Natalie Olivier

PostSubject: Re: Because butterbeer always tastes best after laying on a gross old couch...   Because butterbeer always tastes best after laying on a gross old couch... EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 5:38 am

Natalie perked up at his comment about her being odd. It was the kind of thing that she took as a compliment. "Well maybe people should listen to the bells more often. It's a very pretty tone, even with the buzzing," she took another sip of her drink.

"So what does catch your attention then?" she asked.
Back to top Go down
Landon Montgomery
Fourth Year
Landon Montgomery

PostSubject: Re: Because butterbeer always tastes best after laying on a gross old couch...   Because butterbeer always tastes best after laying on a gross old couch... EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 5:44 am

Landon stared at Natalie and shook his head. He never realized how peculiar she really was. It didn't bother him she was just insanely different from everyone else. It was sort of admirable. Everyone else wanted to impress someone and they were even ok with changing who they really were just so people would like them. Natalie, on the other hand, didn't care what people thought she did her own thing. When she asked what caught his attention he couldn't tell her she did, not yet anyway. "If I told you I'd have to kill you." He smirked and took a sip of his butterbeer.
Back to top Go down
Natalie Olivier
Fifth Year
Natalie Olivier

PostSubject: Re: Because butterbeer always tastes best after laying on a gross old couch...   Because butterbeer always tastes best after laying on a gross old couch... EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 6:35 am

Natalie raised an eyebrow at him. "That big of a secret? Now you have to tell me! Please, pretty pretty please," she begged, pouting at him. "You have to tell me, that's what best friends do. Here, I'll even go first and tell you what catches my attention," she thought quickly, since she didn't really know offhand what caught her attention. What did she pay attention to?

"Bells, obviously, birds singing, children playing, Peeves cackling," she listed, "Although that last one is mostly so I can try to avoid him. See? It's not so hard."
Back to top Go down
Landon Montgomery
Fourth Year
Landon Montgomery

PostSubject: Re: Because butterbeer always tastes best after laying on a gross old couch...   Because butterbeer always tastes best after laying on a gross old couch... EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 6:40 am

Landon shook his head. "I'll tell you in a few years. As of right now I'll tell you I like pretty girls, I like staying active, and I like my family. That's all you really need to know right now." There was no way he was ever telling her (anytime soon) that she caught his attention. No amount of poking and prodding would get him to admit it. He didn't care if she was disappointed, it was his little secret.
Back to top Go down
Natalie Olivier
Fifth Year
Natalie Olivier

PostSubject: Re: Because butterbeer always tastes best after laying on a gross old couch...   Because butterbeer always tastes best after laying on a gross old couch... EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 7:07 am

Natalie's mind latched on to his "pretty girls" comment. He called her 'pretty girl' all the time. Therefore he liked her. She smiled at her triumphant thought, before she remembered that she already knew that he liked her. They were friends, and people generally weren't friends without liking each other.

"I'm going to hold you to that, you know," she said, grinning. It was a promise that she fully intended to keep. "In a few years, I'm going to march right up to you and demand that you tell me," she informed him.

She took a few more sips of her butterbeer. "Are you sure you don't want to just tell me now?" she asked. She had to give it one last try.
Back to top Go down
Landon Montgomery
Fourth Year
Landon Montgomery

PostSubject: Re: Because butterbeer always tastes best after laying on a gross old couch...   Because butterbeer always tastes best after laying on a gross old couch... EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 7:10 am

Landon grinned at Natalie. "In a few years I don't think you'll have to march up o me. I think I'll be able to tell you myself." It was the truth. In a year (or four) he was planning on telling her himself. Once he was less shy and could freely express his feelings, and once he understood them. "No, I don't want to tell you now Natalie. Try again in a few years, if you must."
Back to top Go down
Natalie Olivier
Fifth Year
Natalie Olivier

PostSubject: Re: Because butterbeer always tastes best after laying on a gross old couch...   Because butterbeer always tastes best after laying on a gross old couch... EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 7:22 am

Natalie gave an exaggerated sigh. "Fine, if you say so... I'm still going to hold you to it though," she grinned.

Her free hand, that is, the one that was not holding Landon's, was still holding her near empty glass. She could have finished it off, but there was no fun in that. Instead she opted to steal Landon's and take a sip. "Why is it that your stuff always tastes better than mine?" she complained playfully.
Back to top Go down
Landon Montgomery
Fourth Year
Landon Montgomery

PostSubject: Re: Because butterbeer always tastes best after laying on a gross old couch...   Because butterbeer always tastes best after laying on a gross old couch... EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 2:43 am

"You'll find out...eventually. Don't worry. If I say I'll tell you, I'll tell you when the time is right." He told her reassuringly. Landon didn't want to mess up anything or make her feel things or think things that he didn't feel or think. Landon watched Natalie take his glass and his jaw dropped. She liked to steal his stuff. Landon sighed. "Because I taste good so once something touches my lips it automatically tastes better."
Back to top Go down
Natalie Olivier
Fifth Year
Natalie Olivier

PostSubject: Re: Because butterbeer always tastes best after laying on a gross old couch...   Because butterbeer always tastes best after laying on a gross old couch... EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 2:57 am

"I believe you," Natalie said, smiling. If he said that he would tell her, then he would tell her. He hadn't yet broken a promise to her.

"Then, does that mean that my lips taste better now than they did before I kissed you?" she asked, giggling as she took another sip of his butterbeer. She kept a firm grip on the glass, not about to willingly hand it over to him.
Back to top Go down
Landon Montgomery
Fourth Year
Landon Montgomery

PostSubject: Re: Because butterbeer always tastes best after laying on a gross old couch...   Because butterbeer always tastes best after laying on a gross old couch... EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 3:34 am

Landon nodded. "Good you better believe me." He smiled at her and looked at her hand that was still holding his butterbeer. "You know, I'd like that back before you drink it all." He sighed when she asked if her lips tasted better. "There's only one way to find out isn't there?" He grinned and her then kissed her. While they were kissing, he somehow maneuvered the glass of butterbeer out of her hand and grinned when he showed her that he took it back. "Just for the record, you do taste pretty good." He smirked at her and took a sip of his drink.
Back to top Go down
Natalie Olivier
Fifth Year
Natalie Olivier

PostSubject: Re: Because butterbeer always tastes best after laying on a gross old couch...   Because butterbeer always tastes best after laying on a gross old couch... EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 4:00 am

One kiss was all it took for Natalie to lose her focus and loosen her grip on Landon's glass of butterbeer, one silly little kiss distracted her that much. "You're sneaky, you know that?" she grabbed her own glass, pretending to be angry with him. "You should have been in Slytherin," she teased.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Because butterbeer always tastes best after laying on a gross old couch...   Because butterbeer always tastes best after laying on a gross old couch... Empty

Back to top Go down

Because butterbeer always tastes best after laying on a gross old couch...
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next