Hogwarts Novitas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In a realm of magic, anything is possible.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Novitas! Please read all of the information in the "Starting Out" forum. Hogwarts is now OPEN. Diagon Alley/Hogsmeade will remain open for a week. Happy posting.  - Wizard God

Olivier-Land

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Natalie Olivier
Fifth Year
Natalie Olivier

Olivier-Land Empty
PostSubject: Olivier-Land   Olivier-Land EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 1:53 am

On the outskirts of a small, quiet town in Southeast England, is a large house that is half hidden by trees, due to the strange goings-on that occur there. These strange goings-on are usually spearheaded by the youngest daughter of the family- Natalie. The house is surrounded by a large lawn, beyond which lies a forest

. . . . .

The two second years shot through the fireplace and landed in the library of Natalie's house. Natalie brushed the soot off herself, and then Landon, then took his hand again. She took him down to the kitchen, shouting for her parents. "Maman! Papa! Viens ici! I have someone for you to meet."

Her parents soon joined them in the kitchen. "Landon, this is my mom and my dad. Maman, Papa, this is Landon," she said with a grin, glad that her parents were getting to meet him.

(You can GM my parents, Landon. Very Happy )
Back to top Go down
Landon Montgomery
Fourth Year
Landon Montgomery

Olivier-Land Empty
PostSubject: Re: Olivier-Land   Olivier-Land EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 2:04 am

Landon was a little surprised at how fast they got to Natalie's house. He forgot to tell his parents where he was going but they didn't really care where he went as long as he was home by his curfew so he was ok. When Natalie wiped the soot off of him he laughed. She was already trying to clean him and all those weird couple things. Landon was a little nervous to meet Natalie's parents and he didn't know why. He waved to them and tried his best to remember his manners. When he was nervous he forgot them. "Hi, I'm Landon Montgomery, a Halfblood Gryffindor from Hogwarts. Nice to meet you." He didn't think they cared about his house or his blood type but he was nervous and didn't know what else to say.

Natalie's parents looked him up and down and then smiled at them. They seemed nice so far. Her mother smiled at him and said said hello and then Natalie's father did the same. He wasn't used to meeting a girl's parents. The only friends parents he ever met were friends of his guy friends. Natalie's parents looked over at her questioningly and Landon waited there still feeling really nervous. He hoped this all went well and her parents ended up liking him.
Back to top Go down
Natalie Olivier
Fifth Year
Natalie Olivier

Olivier-Land Empty
PostSubject: Re: Olivier-Land   Olivier-Land EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 2:23 am

Natalie looked between her parents and Landon as he introduced himself. She was about to say something to break the silence when her older sister came down the stairs. "Is that Natalie I hear?"

Her sister came into view. She looked just like Natalie but several years older. She was out of school already, and she worked in Paris but she was taking a few weeks off to be with her family. Her sister quickly spotted Landon. "Oh, Natalie, is this the boy that you told me you-" Natalie cut her off with a warning glare. "Went into that corridor with at your school?" she saved.

Natalie hoped that Landon hadn't seen the look she shot at her sister. "Gabrielle, this is my best friend, Landon. Landon, this is my sister, Gabrielle," Natalie said. She hoped her sister wouldn't do anything to embarrass her.

Gabrielle came forward and kissed Landon on each of his cheeks. "It is nice to meet you, Landon. Natalie has told me so much about you in her letters," the older girl winked.
Back to top Go down
Landon Montgomery
Fourth Year
Landon Montgomery

Olivier-Land Empty
PostSubject: Re: Olivier-Land   Olivier-Land EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 2:28 am

Landon looked at Natalie's sister and thought he was actually looking at Natalie's twin. He was going to ask when he realized she had features that made her look older. It was a little weird for him to meet the whole family at once. It was almost surreal. One minute they're sitting and joking around in the ice cream parlor and now here they are in front of her family. Landon smiled. "Hi, Landon Montgomery, nice to meet you Miss Gabrielle." He tried his best to remember his manners again even though he was really nervous. He did notice Gabrielle's wink and turned pink again. That probably meant she knew about the kiss. he couldn't help but wonder if that parents knew too. With that thought, he turned as red as a cherry for the second time that day.
Back to top Go down
Natalie Olivier
Fifth Year
Natalie Olivier

Olivier-Land Empty
PostSubject: Re: Olivier-Land   Olivier-Land EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 2:35 am

Natalie glanced at Landon and saw him blush, which made her do the same. Leave it to Gabrielle to act like that. She was just glad that Landon didn't falter in his etiquette. If her parents hadn't noticed something was up yet, they would soon, if Natalie and Landon stuck around much longer.

"We're going to go play in the forest," she said quickly, grabbing Landon by the wrist and tugging him out of the house and away from her family, waiting until they were out of sight to slip her hand down into his. "Sorry about that," she said. "I forgot that Gabi was going to be here. I sort of wrote her letters while I was at Hogwarts, and I may have mentioned you in a few of them..."

It was actually more like she'd written pages and pages of how cute and nice and funny he was, and about all the fun things they did together, and at least a full novel about their kiss, but Landon didn't need to know that.
Back to top Go down
Landon Montgomery
Fourth Year
Landon Montgomery

Olivier-Land Empty
PostSubject: Re: Olivier-Land   Olivier-Land EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 2:46 am

When Natalie finally spoke up, Landon let out a sigh of relief. He was starting to get really nervous and he didn't know how well he did under pressure. Once again she was pulling him off. She seemed to like to do that to him not that he minded. He was happy to be free of the prying eyes. When she spoke about her sister, he shrugged. "Don't worry about it. I told my sister some things when I got back too." He held her hand and gripped it tighly playfully. There was no way he wanted to hurt her. His sister did know about his kiss and she thought it was sweet. Lauren had just turned nineteen but Landon was still really close to her.
Back to top Go down
Natalie Olivier
Fifth Year
Natalie Olivier

Olivier-Land Empty
PostSubject: Re: Olivier-Land   Olivier-Land EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 2:54 am

"Let's just hope that Gabi keeps her mouth shut, otherwise Maman will hug you and never let you go and Papa will take you aside and tell you where he keeps his guns," Natalie said. She knew from experience, because her sister had brought boys home before. She figured the only thing keeping Landon safe at the moment was the fact that he was 12, her parents didn't know about the kiss(es), and she had introduced him as her best friend, not her boyfriend. He wasn't her boyfriend. Was he?

It was too confusing to even begin to think about. "Come on!"

She started to run into the forest, tugging Landon along beside her. She knew just where to take him.
Back to top Go down
Landon Montgomery
Fourth Year
Landon Montgomery

Olivier-Land Empty
PostSubject: Re: Olivier-Land   Olivier-Land EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 3:04 am

"I hope she does. I don't want to be interrogated or threatened. I don't think that would be too fun for me. I do like hugs though. The hugs wouldn't be too bad I suppose." His parents didn't know much about Natalie. All they knew is she was his friend. He didn't want them to know about all their adventures especially since most of them could get them into a lot of trouble at school. He didn't want to here any meaningless lectures. Once again Landon found himself being pulled along and he chuckled. He wasn't going to ask where to take him. Natalie probably knew the grounds well.
Back to top Go down
Natalie Olivier
Fifth Year
Natalie Olivier

Olivier-Land Empty
PostSubject: Re: Olivier-Land   Olivier-Land EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 3:10 am

Natalie dodged around some trees and looked for marks she had left by others. When she found the correct tree, she pulled Landon off the trail and slowed to a walk, since there was far more stuff to trip over once they were off the path. A dying rosebush marked the second turn they needed to make.

"You're not even going to ask where we're going?" she asked, wondering if he was already so used to her that he knew asking would be pointless.
Back to top Go down
Landon Montgomery
Fourth Year
Landon Montgomery

Olivier-Land Empty
PostSubject: Re: Olivier-Land   Olivier-Land EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 3:18 am

Landon shook his head. "No I'm going to let you lead me wherever you want to go. I trust you. I'm sure you know where we're going so me asking would be stupid and pointless. Maybe I should ask. You could be leading me to a cliff so you can push me off. If that is your secret plan, please tell my family I love them." He said to her jokingly as he winked at her. He knew she would know he wasn't being serious.
Back to top Go down
Natalie Olivier
Fifth Year
Natalie Olivier

Olivier-Land Empty
PostSubject: Re: Olivier-Land   Olivier-Land EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 3:24 am

"Oh no!" Natalie cried dramatically. She dropped his hand so she could place one hand over her heart and the other arm across her forehead, as if she was a damsel in distress from an old western film. "You've foiled my evil scheme! I'll get you somehow!"

She stopped walking for a moment, looked at Landon, and then pounced on him. "Gotcha," she said with a grin.
Back to top Go down
Landon Montgomery
Fourth Year
Landon Montgomery

Olivier-Land Empty
PostSubject: Re: Olivier-Land   Olivier-Land EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 3:44 am

Landon smirked over at Natalie. "Someone is definitely tapping into her Broadway actress side. I doubt you could get me. You're as scary as a tiger cub." He teased her. The next moment she pounced on him and he barely caught her but somehow manged to do it. "Yup you got me. But I should let you in on a little secret." He kissed her gently and pulled only a few inches away from her lips. "You already had me." He whispered to her and kissed her again once more.
Back to top Go down
Natalie Olivier
Fifth Year
Natalie Olivier

Olivier-Land Empty
PostSubject: Re: Olivier-Land   Olivier-Land EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 4:00 am

Natalie could hardly stop grinning to return Landon's kisses. There was no doubt in her mind that he was her first love, and she now knew why her mother and sister said there was nothing like it. "Come on, we're nearly there," she slipped her arm around his and started walking again.

After a few minutes they made it to their destination. In front of them stood what was easily the largest, sturdiest tree on the property. Natalie used a low branch to hoist herself up into the tree and started to climb. She may have been afraid of heights, but it wasn't going to stop her from climbing this tree. "If we get to the top, we'll be able to see the whole town," she said.
Back to top Go down
Landon Montgomery
Fourth Year
Landon Montgomery

Olivier-Land Empty
PostSubject: Re: Olivier-Land   Olivier-Land EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 4:12 am

Landon was confused by what he felt for Natalie. All he really knew for sure was that he liked kissing her and he thought she was pretty. They were a little young to be kissing and being flirty like that but he didn't care. It was fun and he liked doing whatever they were doing. When he looked up at the tree he shrugged. It didn't look so bad. His bravery was finally showing through. Landon decided to follow behind Natalie exactly so he could save her if she fell or something. Once she was up on a branch a little higher, Landon went up to the bottom branch and starting going up slowly. He hoped the branches were sturdy enough for their body weight. While he was going up the tree he looked up at Natalie to make sure she made it up safely.
Back to top Go down
Natalie Olivier
Fifth Year
Natalie Olivier

Olivier-Land Empty
PostSubject: Re: Olivier-Land   Olivier-Land EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 4:25 am

Natalie almost lost her footing a few times, in true Natalie-style, but she kept a strong enough grip to keep from falling. She stopped about three quarters of the way up, partially because she was getting winded, and partially because if they went up any further, she couldn't guarantee that the branches would hold their combined weight.

She moved over on the thick branch to make room for Landon, who was still climbing below her. "Come on, slow poke! There's a great view up here," she called down to him.

It was true. Despite not being all the way up, most of the surrounding area was visible, including the nearby town. It was a beautiful sight. Very quaint, not a lot of people, but enough that it didn't seem deserted.
Back to top Go down
Landon Montgomery
Fourth Year
Landon Montgomery

Olivier-Land Empty
PostSubject: Re: Olivier-Land   Olivier-Land EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 4:29 am

Landon was still following behind Natalie when she called him a slowpoke. "Meh meh meh." He mumbled. The only reason he was going to slow was because he wanted to make sure she got up there safely but he wasn't going to admit it. He was sure he already looked soft enough to her. He went up to her level as quickly and as safely as he could. When he was finally there he looked around at everything. What could he do now? He looked over at her, grabbed her hand to hold it, intertwined their fingers, and then kissed her cheek gently. It wasn't exactly a romantic spot but Landon still didn't know what romance was.
Back to top Go down
Natalie Olivier
Fifth Year
Natalie Olivier

Olivier-Land Empty
PostSubject: Re: Olivier-Land   Olivier-Land EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 4:45 am

Natalie scooted a little closer to Landon when he took her hand and smiled when he kissed her cheek. She turned her head and kissed him gently, just as she had when they were in the Forbidden Corridor at Hogwarts, then started to give him a virtual tour of the area, pointing things out with her other hand.

"That's the church, and the pub, and the bakery, and there's another magical family that lives on the other side of town," she said, pointing toward each place as she named it. There wasn't much more to report, so she did her best to turn on the branch. "And over there is the lake," she pointed more in the direction of her house, but a little to the side.

"What do you think?" she asked with a grin.
Back to top Go down
Landon Montgomery
Fourth Year
Landon Montgomery

Olivier-Land Empty
PostSubject: Re: Olivier-Land   Olivier-Land EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 4:53 am

There was no way Landon was going to let Natalie fall off the tree. His grip on her hand was a little tighter than usual but it wasn't going to hurt her at all. When she kissed him he kissed her right back. This was nice whatever they were doing. It was fun too. His eyes followed her hand when she pointed at something. There really wasn't much there. It was similar to where he lived. "I think it's a lot like where I'm from. A small area. My family just moved to a larger house. I don't know why they decided to but for some reason they did." He shrugged.
Back to top Go down
Natalie Olivier
Fifth Year
Natalie Olivier

Olivier-Land Empty
PostSubject: Re: Olivier-Land   Olivier-Land EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 5:04 am

"We wouldn't really have needed a house this big, but my parents wanted somewhere away from everything else in case I lost control of my magic. Maman said that once, when she was about 9, she accidentally turned every tree in their yard into a farm animal," Natalie giggled.

"There's something else I want to show you. It's sort of that direction," she pointed beyond the lake. "It'll take us about fifteen minutes to get there if we walk normally," she gave him a little poke in the leg to get him moving. "I promise it will be worth it."
Back to top Go down
Landon Montgomery
Fourth Year
Landon Montgomery

Olivier-Land Empty
PostSubject: Re: Olivier-Land   Olivier-Land EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 5:08 am

Landon chuckled. He felt like he was on a little field trip. He did his best to get down and held Natalie down to the ground. He still was afraid she'd fall down. Once they were down on the ground he took her hand in his the same way it was when they were in the tree. "Ok tour guide where to?" He smiled at and squeezed her hand gently. He knew he was probably going to get dragged around again but didn't mind.
Back to top Go down
Natalie Olivier
Fifth Year
Natalie Olivier

Olivier-Land Empty
PostSubject: Re: Olivier-Land   Olivier-Land EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 5:15 am

"This way," Natalie turned and started to walk. She normally would have dragged him off, but she was still a bit worn out from climbing up the tree, plus there was still a lot of stuff she could trip over, so she just walked normally.

"What's your family like?" she asked, curious if they were anything like her family, minus the being-from-France part.
Back to top Go down
Landon Montgomery
Fourth Year
Landon Montgomery

Olivier-Land Empty
PostSubject: Re: Olivier-Land   Olivier-Land EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 5:20 am

Landon was actually surprised he wasn't being dragged around. When he glanced down at the ground he realized why and was glad Natalie decided not to drag him. "I don't know what to say about my family. They're nice. My parents met in Hogwarts and were friends all the way through but didn't get together until afterwards. My dad is an Auror my mom works at St. Mungos. They had my sister Lauren and thought they were done having kids until 8 years later my mom got pregnant with me." He knew he was rambling but she asked for it. "We were both spoiled and we're close even though she's a girl and I'm a boy. They're nice. My dad likes to take me all different places with him."
Back to top Go down
Natalie Olivier
Fifth Year
Natalie Olivier

Olivier-Land Empty
PostSubject: Re: Olivier-Land   Olivier-Land EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 5:28 am

Natalie listened with interest. She was surprised to hear that he had a sister, not too far in age from her sister. They probably would have met at Hogwarts, had her sister not been a muggle, like her father.

She was glad that Landon seemed to like traveling, since she did as well. "Where have you been?"

They were starting to get closer, but they still had a little while to go. She couldn't wait until he saw what was waiting for them.
Back to top Go down
Landon Montgomery
Fourth Year
Landon Montgomery

Olivier-Land Empty
PostSubject: Re: Olivier-Land   Olivier-Land EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 5:30 am

Landon shrugged. They hadn't exactly traveled far and he assumed that's what Natalie was thinking. "My dad likes to go to different Quidditch tournaments. He researches when they're around. He's taken me to the Ministry even if he probably wasn't supposed to and he gave me a tour. We've gone to a few muggle world places. It depends what he feels like doing. My dad is the more spontaneous parent. My mom is the laid back one."
Back to top Go down
Natalie Olivier
Fifth Year
Natalie Olivier

Olivier-Land Empty
PostSubject: Re: Olivier-Land   Olivier-Land EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 5:37 am

Natalie nodded in comprehension. "I've never been to a Quidditch match. Not just professional, but, any Quidditch match," she said. She hadn't even bothered to go to any of the school games. She didn't know anyone playing and she didn't know any of the rules, so she assumed it would be hard to keep track of what was going on.

She grinned as they got even closer, soon coming to a clearing in the trees. In the middle of the clearing was a rickety looking two story house that looked as though it had been there for at least a hundred years. Just seeing it, even from their slight distance, made Natalie excited.

"Gabi reckons it's haunted. We found it the first weekend after we moved into this house," she said with a devilish grin. "Fancy a look around?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Olivier-Land Empty
PostSubject: Re: Olivier-Land   Olivier-Land Empty

Back to top Go down

Olivier-Land
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next