Hogwarts Novitas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In a realm of magic, anything is possible.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Novitas! Please read all of the information in the "Starting Out" forum. Hogwarts is now OPEN. Diagon Alley/Hogsmeade will remain open for a week. Happy posting.  - Wizard God

In the Quiet

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Esa Jaarvilehto
First Year
Esa Jaarvilehto

In the Quiet Empty
PostSubject: In the Quiet   In the Quiet EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 6:08 pm

Esa wandered through the trophy room. He had been looking for a quiet place to be for most of the day. There had been so many people wherever he had looked earlier, but the room was blessedly empty. He wanted to write to his parents before he got so swept up in classes that he didn’t have time.
He settled himself into a nook created by the end of a trophy case that didn’t reach the wall before digging through his bag to produce a pen and paper. He didn’t quite understand the need for quills; pens simply worked better and didn’t break as often. He relaxed into the wall and began to write.

Ema, Isaukko ja Eero:
I miss being in
Ivalo already. It is much warmer here, so I must accept some blessings. I am sorry for not writing in Suomi, I am trying to work on my Englannin writing for my class work. I hope that I will master the grammer soon. Past is still hard. I am sorted into Ravenclaw house. Their is many students their.

Esa paused and yawned while he glanced around to room, admiring the shining trophies in the case across from his nook. He brushed his hair from his eyes and returned to his letter.

I do not know many students yet, but I hope to soon. The students I have met seem to be nice. They talk a lot, but I will get used to it. Eero is good practice for this. The school is nice looking. I got not directed today when looking for a place to write.
How is Synnka? Did she have her baby? When baby come send me pictures, please Isaukko?
I hope soon I will write in
Suomi instead of Englannin for practice.i-kirjain lempiä te!
Esa

P.S.: He herattaa ryostaja vanhemmat " Mum " ja " Dad ", on etta ei hassu? Ema ja Isaukko aari helposi.

Esa read over his letter. He wanted there to be no errors, else his Ema would send it back with corrections with her reply. It was moments like this that made him jealous of his brother, who was being raised to speak both languages and didn’t have to go through this headache. Satisfied he leaned back, enjoying the quiet for as long as it would last.

((all gramatical errors are on purpose, it'll get better eventually))

((Also, there is some Finnish in there: Ema=Mom, Isaukko=Dad, Suomi=Finnish and also Finland, the PS menas 'they call their parents Mum and Dad, isn't that wierd? Ema and Isaukko are easier"--- its a bit of a pun in Finnish. and finally, Ivalo is a city. there will be less Finnish later))
Back to top Go down
Kyra Henderson
Fourth Year
Kyra Henderson

In the Quiet Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the Quiet   In the Quiet EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 6:41 pm

Kyra didn't recall ever encountering the trophy room before. She didn't even think she'd explored this part of the castle before, which was rather strange, seeing how she'd seen nearly everything there was to see at Hogwarts.

Slinking through the doorway, she noticed a boy who looked younger than she was. He was...tiny. There really wasn't another word to describe him. It looked as if he was deep in concentration on writing on a piece of parchment. Kyra noticed that he was using a pen to write instead of a quill. Okay, so either he's a Muggle-born or a half-blood. Not that it mattered to her. People were people.

She watched as he leaned back into the wall. Wow, I'm not a stalker at all, she thought. She tip-toed over towards the boy and quietly said, "Hi there. I'm Kyra." Hopefully she wouldn't startle him.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2126315/
Esa Jaarvilehto
First Year
Esa Jaarvilehto

In the Quiet Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the Quiet   In the Quiet EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 6:55 pm

Esa jumped, smacking his head on the wall behind him. "etta loukkaantunut," he whined softly before looking up to see who had surprised him. "Oh... ehm.. I am Esa," He replied nervously, folding his legs up against this chest.

The girl, Kyra, was a few years older than him. He studied her appearance, she had the most amazing hair, it reminded him of fire. She was easily five or six inches taller than him. He sighed in slight relief when he saw her badge, someone had told him that Hufflepuffs where usually nice at some point in the last couple of days.

He rubbed the sore spot on the back of his head, “It is nice to meet you.” He smiled tentatively before folding his letter and slipping it into one of the pockets on his bag. He stuck his pen behind one ear before glancing up at her again and smiling again.

((etta loukkaantunut= that hurts))
Back to top Go down
Kyra Henderson
Fourth Year
Kyra Henderson

In the Quiet Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the Quiet   In the Quiet EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 7:16 pm

Kyra gasped and her hand flew up to her mouth. Oops... She scrunched her eyebrows in confusion at the boy's whining. Different language? She wondered what it was. The girl smiled softly at the boy. "I like your name, Esa. Very unique. Is this your first year here?"

Esa looked like the type who didn't really like to be interrupted. Dark, mysterious looks didn't usually equal outgoingness. The girl cocked her head at Esa's sigh, but didn't say anything. She sucked in some air before setting herself down on the floor gently. Kyra saw the boy touch the back of his head, where he'd hit it against the wall. She chuckled nervously. "Sorry about that. It's nice to meet you too." She smiled back at him. "So who were you writing to?" she asked, curious.
Back to top Go down
Esa Jaarvilehto
First Year
Esa Jaarvilehto

In the Quiet Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the Quiet   In the Quiet EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 7:29 pm

Esa blushed and looked at the floor, “ehm… thank you. It is Suo- ehm you call it Finnish.” He smiled brightly at her, “Yes, I am first year,” he dropped his hand from behind his head, knowing that if he kept touching it it would hurt longer.

“Oh, I am writing my Ema and Issau- mum and dad, sorry.” His blushed returned as he looked away, slightly embarrassed, “and my brother little. But Em-Mum will have to read for him.” Esa relaxed slightly, she seemed nice enough. “My horse is to have baby soon. I want see to-” he scowled at his mess up, “to see pictures when baby comes.” He smiled apologetically, “Sorry. Englannin is hard.”
Back to top Go down
Kyra Henderson
Fourth Year
Kyra Henderson

In the Quiet Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the Quiet   In the Quiet EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 7:44 pm

Kyra chuckled at Esa's blush. She sensed something like reverse deja vu, if that made any sense. She was usually the one who blushed. Oh well.

"Don't worry about it. So you're Finnish then?" She nodded and grinned. "Great. I'm a fourth year." She didn't really want to mention his grammar mistakes, seeing how English probably wasn't his first language, from what she could tell with his accent.

"Oh, cool." The girl felt a slight pang of sadness and guilt. She hadn't written to her mum or dad for a while. Then again, she hadn't been written to either. "You have a little brother?" she asked, dropping the hint that he made a small mistake. "I have one too. He's two years old. How old is your brother?" She noticed Esa's scowl. "Wow, a horse. That's great!"

Kyra cocked her head. "Englannin?" She assumed that it meant English. "It is, isn't it? Especially with all the grammar rules you have to remember. I heard somewhere that it's one of the hardest languages in the world to learn."
Back to top Go down
Esa Jaarvilehto
First Year
Esa Jaarvilehto

In the Quiet Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the Quiet   In the Quiet EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 8:16 pm

Esa’s faced brightened at her mentioning a brother, “His name is Eero. He is viisi or ehm...” he paused and counted off with his fingers, “five?” he held up all of the fingers on one hand, “or is it sit?” he cocked his head slightly.

“Yes,” his chest swelled with pride when she mentioned his horse, “My family breed horses. Synnka is my first match. She is suomenhevonen, i do not know englannin word for it. I breed her with Iss-Dad’s stud, Leipuri. I have good hope for match.” he put his hands together and put them under his chin, almost as if he were praying, as he smiled at her proudly.

He frowned slightly when she said a finnish word before it dawned on him, ”I am sorry! Is rude for not english speaking.” he blurted before an expression of horror cross his face, ”I mean, not speaking english.” he smiled sheepishly, hoping he hadn't offended her. ”The rules in English are not true rules. All have exceptings.” he nodded firmly. ”I had need to learn to come to Hogwarts. I am first in my Family to come.” he puffed up again slightly, wearing an expression of pride.
Back to top Go down
Gwen Cooper
Fourth Year
Gwen Cooper

In the Quiet Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the Quiet   In the Quiet EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 12:23 pm

I was sitting in a corner surrounded by trophies to polish.
Well, atleast I wasnt grounded anymore.
I heard voices and decided to investigate, curious as I was.
Turned out to be a girl in my year and a young boy.
I smiled, "Hi, I hope Im not interrupting, im Gwen Cooper." I winced slightly wondering why I had used my last name.
Then again, it was common knowledge that i was the headmasters daughter.
Mhmm.
Back to top Go down
Esa Jaarvilehto
First Year
Esa Jaarvilehto

In the Quiet Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the Quiet   In the Quiet EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 12:42 pm

Esa jumped a little, managing to not hit his head on the wall this time, when a new voice joined them. It turned out to belong to an older girl, probably about Kyra’s age, in Gryffindor.

Halloo,” Esa smiled, his confidence boosted in his interactions with Kyra, “ I am Esa Jaarvilehto,” he responded in kind, using his full name same as she did. Her name seemed familiar to him, but he could place where he had heard it before. Probably a prominent family he had been lectured about by his father he decided.

He clasped his hands and placed them on his lap, “I not believe you to interrupting,” he cocked his head, know he hadn’t said that properly, “I do not believe you are interrupting?” he guessed his correction.

((Halloo=Hello))
Back to top Go down
Kyra Henderson
Fourth Year
Kyra Henderson

In the Quiet Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the Quiet   In the Quiet EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 9:50 pm

Kyra grinned at the Gryffindor girl. "Hey there Gwen. I'm Kyra."

The girl nodded at Esa. "You got it," she said before giving him the thumbs up. "So you're the Headmaster and Herbology teacher's daughter?" she asked Gwen. She wondered if she was right, since, of course, Cooper was a pretty common last name.

Quote :
OOC: Sorry for the fail post, I'm kind of out of it today. :/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

In the Quiet Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the Quiet   In the Quiet Empty

Back to top Go down

In the Quiet
Page 1 of 1