Hogwarts Novitas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In a realm of magic, anything is possible.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Novitas! Please read all of the information in the "Starting Out" forum. Hogwarts is now OPEN. Diagon Alley/Hogsmeade will remain open for a week. Happy posting.  - Wizard God

A Quiet place to think...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Vanessa Lopez
First Year
Vanessa Lopez

A Quiet place to think... Empty
PostSubject: A Quiet place to think...   A Quiet place to think... EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 1:26 am

Vanessa had found this wonderful place when she had been exploring, and she had just realized how wonderful a place it was to just stop and think. It was here that she found herself after a particularly eventful day. She had fallen twice, once due to a mischievous Peeves, met four new friends, and gotten a really nasty bruise the size of her forehead on her forehead. With such an eventful day, it wasn't surprising that she wanted to stop and think.
"If this is how I will be spending the rest of my days here, I don't know how I can possibly survive!"
Also, she couldn't wait for the day she could be able to converse with other human beings, and not stutter uncontrollably like she does now.
She leaned against the stone wall, looking out of the giant clock tower out into the grounds. Students were walking or running, all unaware of a shy girl studying them all from above. Oh how she wished she could be like them; so careless and so capable of speech. She almost envied the way they just seemed to be able to say whatever she were thinking whenever they thought it.
"Why aren't I like them?"
Just then, she heard a shuffling sound from outside the doorway that sounded suspiciously like footsteps. She looked back at whoever had entered the tower, and she could feel the heat making its way up from her neck to her face. Her eyes widened, and she wondered if the person had heard anything she had said... With any luck, she wouldn't have, but Vanessa didn't seem to be having very good luck that day.
Back to top Go down
Kyra Henderson
Fourth Year
Kyra Henderson

PostSubject: Re: A Quiet place to think...   A Quiet place to think... EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 1:46 am

"Hey," said Kyra, leaning on the door after the girl she overheard looked her way. She walked towards the balcony, watching the hustle and bustle of the corridors. Students pushing and shoving, students laughing, even teachers making their ways through all of the kids.

Kyra laughed slightly, turning her head toward the girl. "Insane, huh?" The girl had sunk back toward the wall. Kyra giggled. "Come on, I won't bite. I'm Kiki."

She walked to the girl, smiling. She noticed the bruise that covered the girl's forehead and frowned. "What happened to you? That's a pretty nasty bruise."
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2126315/
Vanessa Lopez
First Year
Vanessa Lopez

PostSubject: Re: A Quiet place to think...   A Quiet place to think... EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 1:53 am

Vanessa looked up from her comfortable spot against the wall, and studied the girl silently as she spoke. How much had she overhead?
"It's crazy huh"
Those were her sentiments exactly. This place was insane;nothing to it.

Reminded of the nasty bruise she had gotten when she tripped over a tree root and landed on her face, she rubbed it absentmindedly. "I tripped like a bloody idiot over a stupid root, and landed on my face..."
Making a face, she rubbed the bruise again, and was too tired to note she hadn't stuttered at all in that whole sentence.
Back to top Go down
Kyra Henderson
Fourth Year
Kyra Henderson

PostSubject: Re: A Quiet place to think...   A Quiet place to think... EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 2:09 am

As she listened to the girl, she grimaced. "Ooh. That's happened to me before. Broke my nose. Hey, I'm pretty sure my friend Dree told me about you... You're the one who stutters all the time, aren't you? Sorry, sorry, no offense was meant. You didn't stutter at all."

She smiled, trying to make the girl smile too. "You still haven't told me your name. I know it, but I want to hear to make sure."
Back to top Go down
Adreis Conners
Second Year
Adreis Conners

PostSubject: Re: A Quiet place to think...   A Quiet place to think... EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 2:15 am

Dree had been having a pretty rotten day, she needed to just get away right now, go somwhere she could think and get all her bad feelings out. The clock tower sounded perfect.

SHe was zoning out, trying not to cry again, so she didn't hear the voices coming from the tower as she walked up the steps. She was looking at her feet so she didn't see them even.

She walked into the tower and almost walked into someone. She mummbled an apology and looked up to see Kiki and Vanessa. "Sorry." she said looking at the two, "I'll leave if you want me to"
Back to top Go down
Kyra Henderson
Fourth Year
Kyra Henderson

PostSubject: Re: A Quiet place to think...   A Quiet place to think... EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 2:17 am

Kyra turned around to see Dree.

"Dree! No, no. Don't leave." She saw Dree's eyes shining and her heart crumpled. "Dree, are you okay? What's wrong?"
Back to top Go down
Vanessa Lopez
First Year
Vanessa Lopez

PostSubject: Re: A Quiet place to think...   A Quiet place to think... EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 2:19 am

Grimacing at the fact that already people had heard of her mishap and bad habit of stuttering, Vanessa nodded regretfully. She only hoped she wouldn't become known as the girl who stutters.
"I-it's okay. Gah! I hate stuttering. I do it without wishing to!" She immediately felt bad for yelling. She was in a horrid mood, but she shouldn't take it out on the girl that was only trying to be nice to her. "Sorry. I-I shouldn't have yelled..."
She bit her lip nervously, and drew her knees to her chest. "My name's Vanessa. N-Nice to meet you..."
No sooner had the words come out, that her attention was called to Dree .
"No. You can stay. I-I wouldn't p-particularly mind more company..."
Back to top Go down
Adreis Conners
Second Year
Adreis Conners

PostSubject: Re: A Quiet place to think...   A Quiet place to think... EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 12:15 pm

Dree leaned against Kiki. "I'm fine" she gave her Puff friend a small smile "Just a bad day." she smiled a Vanessa "thanks. How's the head?"
Back to top Go down
Vanessa Lopez
First Year
Vanessa Lopez

PostSubject: Re: A Quiet place to think...   A Quiet place to think... EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 1:08 pm

Vanessa frowned the slightest bit when she saw Dree's sad face. Had something happened while she hadn't been present?
A bad day does,however, seem like a plausible reason to start crying. Especially since she had almost done the same.
Again reminded of the enormous bruise on her brow, Vanessa rubbed it while she said, "It's -not really hurting anymore. I-In a couple of days it s-should fade..." She trailed off, not really really wanting to continue speaking. She had almost said that she knew because she had had many bruises from falls and accidents. That would've been too embarrassing.
"H-How's Terry?" She had just remembered that a housemmate of Dree's had also been hurt earlier, and she wondered how the girl was now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Quiet place to think...   A Quiet place to think... Empty

Back to top Go down

A Quiet place to think...
Page 1 of 1