Hogwarts Novitas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In a realm of magic, anything is possible.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Novitas! Please read all of the information in the "Starting Out" forum. Hogwarts is now OPEN. Diagon Alley/Hogsmeade will remain open for a week. Happy posting.  - Wizard God

A Quiet Corner

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Makayla Hall
First Year
Makayla Hall

A Quiet Corner Empty
PostSubject: A Quiet Corner   A Quiet Corner EmptyTue May 31, 2011 4:33 am

Makayla breathed the distinct smell of old books through her nose as she walked into the Library. She felt herself immersed in the knowledge that surrounded her. She hadn't been looking for long, but even after a short while, the texts the Hufflepuff had accumulated was extensive. She placed her heavy burden on one of the large wooden tables nearby, and although she was determined to continue her in depth search, she deemed what she had, enough.

Makayla took a seat by her books and picked up the cover of the first one on the pile. Medicinal Magic, the cover read, and it had already captured her attention. She hadn't given much thought to what she wanted to do after Hogwarts - she was only eleven after all - but one thing that really intrigued her was Healing. She wondered if that was something she could do. Lost in thought she didn't notice someone approach the table.
Back to top Go down
Lavender Parkinson
Third Year
Lavender Parkinson

A Quiet Corner Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Quiet Corner   A Quiet Corner EmptyTue May 31, 2011 9:07 am

Lavender wondered through the book cases, she believed Hester was probably studying somewhere so had sought to find her. On turning a corner she stumbled across a blonde girl, second year by the looks of it, though she was possibly wrong. The girl had a huge pile of books in front of her and was currently reading one. Lavender had seen the book before.

"So you're interested in healing?"
Back to top Go down
Makayla Hall
First Year
Makayla Hall

A Quiet Corner Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Quiet Corner   A Quiet Corner EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 10:36 pm

Makayla jumped at the sound of the girl's voice. She gulped when she saw the green and silver robes the girl wore. Surely she wouldn't want any trouble, and her question seemed harmless enough, Makayla thought.

"Yeah, it's the one thing I think I'd be able to do," she replied honestly, looking over the girl again to try and figure out her age. She definitely wasn't a first year, that's for sure. The assumption made Makayla nervous. She had yet to have a conversation with a Slytherin who wasn't in first year and the very few she had - Allison Walker at the Ice Cream parlour, being one that came to mind - had terrified her. She tried to avoid the house of snake as much as possible.

Seeing as avoiding the girl now would be the height of rude, she smiled politely at her. Perhaps this girl would crush the stereotype of Slytherin for her.

"What about you? Does it interest you as well?"
Back to top Go down
Lavender Parkinson
Third Year
Lavender Parkinson

A Quiet Corner Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Quiet Corner   A Quiet Corner EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 7:29 am

Lavender watched the girl closely, noting the sudden stiffness in her shoulders when she saw the crest on her robes. Even Lavender herself forgot she was in Slytherin sometimes, until people around her began to cower and stiffen. Then she just had to look down at the label on the fabric, the crest that labelled her as a horrible bully. Sometimes she wished she was, but only sometimes.

"Yeah, it's all very interesting stuff," She smiled kindly, trying to communicate that she wasn't about to bite the girls head off. "Do you mind if I sit?" Lavender took hold of a chair and waited for the girls approval. If she didn't get it then she'd leave and continue to look for Hester.
Back to top Go down
Makayla Hall
First Year
Makayla Hall

A Quiet Corner Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Quiet Corner   A Quiet Corner EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 6:45 am

Hearing the girl ask if she could sit at the table with her so nicely, Makayla felt her face flush with embarrassment. She really should be ashamed of herself for judging the Slytherin before getting to know her. If Hufflepuff's pride themselves on being kind, Makayla wasn't doing her house proud at all.

"Of course you can," Makayla said smiling, perhaps a little too wide. "I'm Makayla Hall, by the way. I'm apologise for being so rude."
Back to top Go down
Lavender Parkinson
Third Year
Lavender Parkinson

A Quiet Corner Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Quiet Corner   A Quiet Corner EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 9:35 am

Lavender bowed her head thankfully before taking the seat.

"Lavender, Lavender Parkinson," She held her hand out for the girl to shake. "Not at all, most people are wary around me. I don't blame you," Lavender smiled. "Anyway, yeah, healing does interest me. More so recently, there are some great books around here. Though it looks like you've picked most of them out already,"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A Quiet Corner Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Quiet Corner   A Quiet Corner Empty

Back to top Go down

A Quiet Corner
Page 1 of 1