Hogwarts Novitas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In a realm of magic, anything is possible.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Novitas! Please read all of the information in the "Starting Out" forum. Hogwarts is now OPEN. Diagon Alley/Hogsmeade will remain open for a week. Happy posting.  - Wizard God

Boredom At It's Finest

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Serenity McAdams
Second Year
Serenity McAdams

Boredom At It's Finest Empty
PostSubject: Boredom At It's Finest   Boredom At It's Finest EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 10:28 pm

I was making a point of visiting all the different places in the Castle, and since I'd already been to the Astronomy Tower, I figured the next place on my list could be the Divination Tower. After all, I would be attending class there eventually, so why not get used to it? Letting myself inside, I noticed I was alone.

Oh well. I knew it wouldn't be that way for very long. Not that I was a very pleasant person to deal with.
Back to top Go down
Lavender Parkinson
Third Year
Lavender Parkinson

PostSubject: Re: Boredom At It's Finest   Boredom At It's Finest EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 10:38 pm

Lavender hadn't been watching where she was going when she stumbled into yet another tower. On arrival she saw it wasn't empty. Serenity was stood alone, Lavender made her way forward cautiously. She didn't know if Serenity liked her.

"Erm, hi," Lavender made her way forward and lent on the wall to look out at green houses below. Keeping her distance from Serenity for now.
Back to top Go down
Serenity McAdams
Second Year
Serenity McAdams

PostSubject: Re: Boredom At It's Finest   Boredom At It's Finest EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 10:41 pm

I had been correct when I said I wouldn't be by myself for very long, but when I turned my gaze to see who had decided to join me, I merely stared for a few seconds. But then after a second, I turned my gaze back to where it had been, crossing my arms.

"Hi." I said flatly. The only run-ins I'd had with the girl, hadn't been very pleasant. And while that should have been enough to have her on my list of people I'd rather not get to know.. she wasn't there, yet. For some strange reason. Hm.
Back to top Go down
Lavender Parkinson
Third Year
Lavender Parkinson

PostSubject: Re: Boredom At It's Finest   Boredom At It's Finest EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 10:45 pm

Lavender swallowed hard, the girl hadn't yelled at her yet, this was a good sign she hoped.

"Sorry about earlier," She spoke with as much confidence as she could muster. Somehow the girl in front of her had drained her of what confidence she had. Was it her brains? Lavender feared it was her very pretty looks instead. She was as pretty as Hester, minus the red hair of course.
Back to top Go down
Serenity McAdams
Second Year
Serenity McAdams

PostSubject: Re: Boredom At It's Finest   Boredom At It's Finest EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 10:50 pm

I continued to stare out almost blankly at the sight in front of me, not really having any particular interest in what I was seeing. I was very well aware of the girl behind me, even though I tried not to be. It wasn't as if she annoyed me, exactly.. just some of the things she said. I exhaled heavily as I heard her apologizing to me, and I finally turned so I could let my strong gaze land on her unnervingly.

"I didn't appreciate you pulling me into something that was clearly between you and Aurora." I stated. I wasn't completely ignoring her apology, but I wasn't going to apologize in return. I had done nothing wrong. "Keep me out of your problems." I added, my hands tightening slightly on my arms, considering they were still crossed. "Kay?"
Back to top Go down
Lavender Parkinson
Third Year
Lavender Parkinson

PostSubject: Re: Boredom At It's Finest   Boredom At It's Finest EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 10:54 pm

Lavender nodded her understanding.

"Yeah, I shouldn't have brought you up and I apologize. She just get's the better of me sometimes." Lavender didn't have a clue why she was explaining. Serenity probably didn't want to hear it. "It won't happen again," She kept her eyes off the girl in front of her. She was far too pretty and Lavender was worried about what she might do. However, she couldn't help herself, her eyes landed on the girls legs and worked their way up as discreetly as she could get them to.
Back to top Go down
Serenity McAdams
Second Year
Serenity McAdams

PostSubject: Re: Boredom At It's Finest   Boredom At It's Finest EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 10:58 pm

I would admit, I was somewhat surprised when the girl so willingly seemed to agree to my words, when she'd been oh so ready to lash out at Aurora. I paused for a moment, my head tilting to the side as my brows pulled together, and I regarded her with a judgmental expression. "Good." I finally said, pursing my lips for a slight moment. "You can look at me, you know. I promise my face won't make your eyes burn." I cracked a humorless smile. I knew I was beautiful, I didn't need anyone to tell me that.

I could feel one of my brows beginning to inch upward when I caught the girl's eyes working their way up. She might have been discreet about it, but I caught almost everything. Maybe I was just seeing things... I sighed, my eyes rolling upwards in boredom.
Back to top Go down
Lavender Parkinson
Third Year
Lavender Parkinson

PostSubject: Re: Boredom At It's Finest   Boredom At It's Finest EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 11:08 pm

Lavender let her eyes return to Serenity's face as she smiled, she was even prettier when she smiled.

"I know," She lent back, her elbows leaning on the wall behind her. A bit more confidence returning to her. "So, what brought you up here?" Lavender let her eyes wonder again. Serenity's skin was fair and looked very soft. The girl was quite skinny too.
Back to top Go down
Serenity McAdams
Second Year
Serenity McAdams

PostSubject: Re: Boredom At It's Finest   Boredom At It's Finest EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 11:12 pm

My dark eyes flickered back to Lavender's face when I finally felt her looking at me, and I met her eyes unnervingly. I was aware that my expression probably looked rather bored, but I couldn't help it. Nothing exciting was happening here, and it took a lot to entertain me.

"Well then, I'm glad." I said somewhat sarcastically, finally allowing my arms to drop from their crossed position. I could tell that the confidence was coming back to the girl, and I wasn't quite sure if I liked it yet. "Boredom." I said simply, but I couldn't resist adding, "And it hasn't yet changed." Just when it had seemed as if I were getting slightly nicer... "You?" Not that I cared why she had decided to come up here.
Back to top Go down
Lavender Parkinson
Third Year
Lavender Parkinson

PostSubject: Re: Boredom At It's Finest   Boredom At It's Finest EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 11:18 pm

Lavender could tell the girl was bored, she didn't blame her. Sometimes the castle could get boring, and she herself wasn't the best company sometimes.

"Wanted to clear my head," Lavender knew Serenity didn't much care why she was there but there was nothing else to fill the emptiness. "How do you plan to become not bored?" She asked with an arched eyebrow. Lavender had been looking at the girl for long enough, she glanced around them instead to preoccupy herself. Serenity's brown eyes had been quite intense to look at.
Back to top Go down
Serenity McAdams
Second Year
Serenity McAdams

PostSubject: Re: Boredom At It's Finest   Boredom At It's Finest EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 11:21 pm

I chuckled a bit, turning my back to the girl to stare back out at the view that had occupied my attention not long before. "Clear it of what, exactly?" I wasn't sure why I was actually attempting conversation with the girl. Probably because of just how bored I was and well.. she was the only one around. I could at least pretend I was interested, right? Well.. no. Probably not. Oh, well.

I shrugged my shoulders almost absently. "Not particularly sure. That's why I'm here." I replied, not moving my eyes back to her. I finally felt her gaze absent on me, not that I exactly cared. If she was bored.. then nothing was keeping her here.
Back to top Go down
Lavender Parkinson
Third Year
Lavender Parkinson

PostSubject: Re: Boredom At It's Finest   Boredom At It's Finest EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 11:26 pm

That was a question Lavender had been dreading. Plus, Serenity was making it difficult to clear her head of what she wanted to get rid of.

"Thoughts, thoughts I shouldn't have. Therefore, I need to clear them," That was enough detail for now, Serenity probably didn't want to know details. Lavender returned her gaze to the pretty girl once she'd looked off into the distance.
Back to top Go down
Serenity McAdams
Second Year
Serenity McAdams

PostSubject: Re: Boredom At It's Finest   Boredom At It's Finest EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 11:28 pm

With an exaggerated sigh, I turned away from the sight once more, my gaze traveling back to Lavender as she spoke. I watched her for a moment, before I merely shrugged. "Kay then." She didn't want to provide details, then whatever. Not exactly my problem. "I can leave."

Even though I was here first. I was tempted to add. But here wasn't anything in here for me anyhow, and if clearing her thoughts was what she wanted.. I wasn't going to stop her. I glanced pointedly at the door.
Back to top Go down
Lavender Parkinson
Third Year
Lavender Parkinson

PostSubject: Re: Boredom At It's Finest   Boredom At It's Finest EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 11:33 pm

Lavender didn't want Serenity to go, but didn't think the girl would stay even if she asked.

"You don't have to go. You were here first, I'll go if you'd prefer?" She pushed herself off the wall and stepped slightly closer to the pretty girl. She was close enough to touch, Lavender had to fight her better judgement not to reach out to the other girl. That wouldn't have been a good idea. The thoughts in her head were getting the better of her, she was fighting a loosing battle.
Back to top Go down
Serenity McAdams
Second Year
Serenity McAdams

PostSubject: Re: Boredom At It's Finest   Boredom At It's Finest EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 11:41 pm

My hands naturally found their way to my hips, and they settled there as I jutted one side out. The way I always stood when I was waiting for an answer, or just waiting for something in general. One of my brows arched slightly when she told me that I didn't have to leave, but if I preferred, she could. I almost told her to, but caught myself just in time.

After a moment, I shrugged. "You do whatever your little heart desires." I replied without much of a care, but then I realized just how close I was to Lavender. When had that happened? My eyes narrowed a fraction, but I said nothing, waiting for her to make her decision.
Back to top Go down
Lavender Parkinson
Third Year
Lavender Parkinson

PostSubject: Re: Boredom At It's Finest   Boredom At It's Finest EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 11:47 pm

Decisions, decisions. Lavender didn't know what to do, she almost stepped even closer to the girl but stopped herself in time. She wanted them both to stay and get along, but that was highly unlikely to happen.

"I guess you're going to keep up with the bitch act, so I'll go," Out of nowhere she mustered some courage and a little anger. Lavender went for the door, rolling her eyes. Some girls never changed.
Back to top Go down
Serenity McAdams
Second Year
Serenity McAdams

PostSubject: Re: Boredom At It's Finest   Boredom At It's Finest EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 11:53 pm

When Lavender snapped at me, it was all I could do in order to keep myself from laughing. "Bitch act? If I was being a bitch, I would have told you get the hell out of here when you offered it." I corrected her, crossing my arms again. "Excuse me for not accepting you with open arms. Sorry, I don't trust someone with just five minutes of conversation. And I hate to break it to you, but you aren't any different to me."

I paused for a moment before deciding to add. "You're lucky I was being as nice as I was, considering the circumstances I met you under didn't give me a good impression of you at all. But you want a bitch, fine. I'll be one." I tossed at her. "And don't bother leaving. I will. Wouldn't want to get in the way of you clearing that head full of air." With that, I pushed past her, headed toward the door.

How dare she say I was acting like a bitch? Clearly she hadn't seen my bad side yet. Whatever, I wasn't about to let her get to me. I had better things to do.
Back to top Go down
Lavender Parkinson
Third Year
Lavender Parkinson

PostSubject: Re: Boredom At It's Finest   Boredom At It's Finest EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 11:59 pm

Lavender rolled her eyes, it was always drama with this lot.

"Bye then," She gave a small wave. She'd liked the girls company, but being on your own was always better in some circumstances. Serenity may have been pretty, but that wasn't enough to cancel out her horrible attitude. If Lavender was going to have Aurora hate her she may as well add Serenity on to that list too. Though she didn't really want to.
Back to top Go down
Serenity McAdams
Second Year
Serenity McAdams

PostSubject: Re: Boredom At It's Finest   Boredom At It's Finest EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 12:03 am

I didn't even acknowledge her as I stormed out of the Tower. Why didn't anyone in this damn school understand that I wasn't going to jump at the first offer of friendship? The one's worthy of my attention were simply the ones who worked for it. If they didn't want to work for it, then they weren't worth my time. It took me a while to trust, and with good reason. I wasn't a bitch because it was convenient. There were underlying reasons that absolutely no one knew about. Why? Because I hated sympathy.. and oh, right. Because no one seemed to dare get close enough to me to find out.

I'd been giving that Lavender girl a chance, in my own little twisted way. But well, she'd just gone ahead and blown it. Taking the steps two at a time, I shook my head a bit with a sigh. Well, one friendship down the drain, so it seemed. Wouldn't be the first, though. I had more enemies then I had friends, I was used to it by now. Oh well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Boredom At It's Finest   Boredom At It's Finest Empty

Back to top Go down

Boredom At It's Finest
Page 1 of 1