Hogwarts Novitas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In a realm of magic, anything is possible.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Novitas! Please read all of the information in the "Starting Out" forum. Hogwarts is now OPEN. Diagon Alley/Hogsmeade will remain open for a week. Happy posting.  - Wizard God

Boredom Leads To.... Drinking?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Anthony McGuire
Fourth Year
Anthony McGuire

Boredom Leads To.... Drinking? Empty
PostSubject: Boredom Leads To.... Drinking?   Boredom Leads To.... Drinking? EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 3:10 am

Andy ambled into the Leaky Cauldron. He was so entirely bored out of his mind, that his last resort was the dingy pub that connected London to Diagon Alley. He took a seat in one of the booths, thinking about the next term ahead at Hogwarts. His first year had flew by so fast, he wondered if his second year would be as fast.

Ordering a Butterbeer, Andy drummed his fingernails on the worn-out table, still as bored as he was when he entered the pub.
Back to top Go down
Zia Moore
First Year
Zia Moore

PostSubject: Re: Boredom Leads To.... Drinking?   Boredom Leads To.... Drinking? EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 3:16 am

Zia entered the filthy pub, wondering how anyone could eat or drink in this kind of setting. It wasn't natural or sanitary. She was kind of bored at this point, not having seen much of Diagon Alley. Then again, she got bored very easily. It was just a fact of her life.

She was excited for her first year at Hogwarts, but wasn't completely motivated to go. After Hannah had slapped her and called her those horrible names, she wasn't too enthusiastic about her magical abilities. Seeing a boy at a booth, she smiled. Maybe she wouldn't be too bored anymore.

"Hiya, I'm Zia Moore. What's your name?" she asked, sitting down near him.
Back to top Go down
Anthony McGuire
Fourth Year
Anthony McGuire

PostSubject: Re: Boredom Leads To.... Drinking?   Boredom Leads To.... Drinking? EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 3:24 am

Andy looked up when he heard a voice to see a unfamiliar girl standing by his table. He blinked as she introduced herself rather intensely. Perhaps he wouldn't be so bored after all. Taking a drink from his butterbeer, he smiled.

"Hey. Andy McGuire. Are you a first year?" he asked her. She looked like a first year, but Andy could have been wrong. She didn't look overly nervous about being here, so perhaps she wasn't. Andy shrugged, either way he was about to find out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Boredom Leads To.... Drinking?   Boredom Leads To.... Drinking? EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 3:27 am

Sami skipped to the Leaky Cauldron, a half-licked ice cream cone in one hand and a bag of books in the other. Her father had left her to run errands and the girl was free to do whatever she liked. She opened the door to the pub/motel and stepped inside, remembering a time when she had once lived here. She breathed in the smell of good food and the bar, Firewhiskies and Butterbeers making their mark. Her hazel eyes scanned the vicinity, hopeful that she wouod see someone she knew. Sami soon came upon Andy, sitting all on his lonesome.

"Hello Andy! Fancy meeting you here!" she tried out her Hawaiian accent on her tongue, hoping he might notice. She had grown quite fond of her friend throughout first year and found it nice to just have someone of the opposite sex to sit around with and have a well-natured arguement. She walked towards him calmly, eager inside to talk to him once more. The girl noticed a girl younger than her talking to him and felt somehing swell up in her chest.
Back to top Go down
Zia Moore
First Year
Zia Moore

PostSubject: Re: Boredom Leads To.... Drinking?   Boredom Leads To.... Drinking? EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 3:34 am

"Yeah, I'm a firstie. It's nice to meet you Andy. What house are you in? I'm not sure what house I want to be in," she said somewhat thoughtfully. She wondered if Andy could tell she was muggleborn or not.

Her thoughts were interrupted by another girl's entrance. "Hello Andy! Fancy meeting you here!" the girl said in a strange accent she couldn't quite name. What was it?

"Hello," Zia greeted the girl with a small smile. "I'm Zia, and you are?" Obviously this girl was a second year, maybe older. Zia could never really tell.
Back to top Go down
Anthony McGuire
Fourth Year
Anthony McGuire

PostSubject: Re: Boredom Leads To.... Drinking?   Boredom Leads To.... Drinking? EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 3:42 am

"I'm a second year Ravenclaw. Not wanting to sound bias, but Ravenclaw is a pretty awesome house," he grinned, "but the others are cool too, so don't sweat it."

Andy turned his head at the sound of Sami's voice. Perhaps he really should visit the Leaky more often. He really didn't expect to find anyone to talk to and now he had a first year and Sami to chat to.

"Heya Sami!" Andy said, smiling. "Nice to see you!"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Boredom Leads To.... Drinking?   Boredom Leads To.... Drinking? EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 4:03 am

Sami grinned as Anthony acknowledged her presence, inviting her in almost. She caught a snippet of what the two were talking about. "Oh yeah. Us Ravenclaws are real social birds, with a tendency to be dramatic. Cute guys, too," she winked at the first year, Zia, feeling much more comfortable. "But the other houses are pretty cool, too. Some of my friends are Slytherins and Hufflepuffs!"

She leant her hand out for her to shake. "Oh, and I'm Sami Criss, by the way. Lovely meeting you, Zia." Perhaps she wouod be a Ravenclaw, like her, she thought before examining the girl again. No, she seemed like more of a Hufflepuff than Ravenclaw. Similar to the other first year she had met at Fortesque's, Lachlan was her name. "I'm putting my bets on that you'll make a good Hufflepuff, though, with the loyal and just. What do you think, Andy?"
Back to top Go down
Anthony McGuire
Fourth Year
Anthony McGuire

PostSubject: Re: Boredom Leads To.... Drinking?   Boredom Leads To.... Drinking? EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 10:56 pm

Andy nodded, agreeing with Sami. "Yeah. You would do well in Hufflepuff. I could see that happening." Though he hadn't met very many Puffs the ones that he had met were pretty awesome. Zia would have no troubles finding friends in the house of Puff. He took another drink from his butterbeer, rather sad that it was half finished. He looked up from his glass to see Sami standing rather than sitting.

He gestured to the table, "Take a seat Sami. No sense you standing there all day."

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Boredom Leads To.... Drinking?   Boredom Leads To.... Drinking? EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 11:08 pm

Sami graciously plopped down on the seat on Andy's right. She knew she didn't have much time until her father would finish his errands, but decided that she didn't care. "Thanks," she began licking the rest of her pure chocolate, ice cream cone. She sighed in delight, "Wizard God, I love these. Fortesque's makes the best ice cream."

"Anyways, what we you guys talking about? Mua? I know you love me Andy, but this is starting to get a bit weird," she smirked, her cheeky side coming out. She loved moments like this, when she could just kick back and tease her friend mercilessly. She wasn't a very mean person, every little comment being good-natured. Unless it was directed at a Gryffindor. Then her Slytherin side would come out. She sometimes wondered how she wasn't sorted into the house of the snake, instead.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Boredom Leads To.... Drinking?   Boredom Leads To.... Drinking? Empty

Back to top Go down

Boredom Leads To.... Drinking?
Page 1 of 1