Hogwarts Novitas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In a realm of magic, anything is possible.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Novitas! Please read all of the information in the "Starting Out" forum. Hogwarts is now OPEN. Diagon Alley/Hogsmeade will remain open for a week. Happy posting.  - Wizard God

Boredom Was Never My Friend

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Serenity McAdams
Second Year
Serenity McAdams

Boredom Was Never My Friend Empty
PostSubject: Boredom Was Never My Friend   Boredom Was Never My Friend EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 4:39 pm

Walking along the unfamiliar pathway to where ever I was going, I couldn't help but feel.. bored. I suppose that could have been due to the fact that I hadn't yet met anyone here yet, but that was besides the point. Usually I had no problem finding something to occupy my time with, so I wasn't quite sure why I wasn't doing something by now. I exhaled, a long and heavy sigh, as I ran my fingers through my long chocolate hair. At least it was Summer time, and the warm sun was beating down on my sun-kissed skin. It felt good.

I glanced up as I noticed the entrance of the park looming overhead, but with a small shrug of my shoulders I wandered inside. I was going to find something to do, if it was the last thing I did. Hm, what trouble could I possibly stir up? The possibilities...

Last edited by Serenity McAdams on Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hester Alderman
Fifth Year
Hester Alderman

PostSubject: Re: Boredom Was Never My Friend   Boredom Was Never My Friend EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 5:20 pm

Hester was wandering along the path in the Centenary Park, glad to be away from the rush of the shops, when she realised that someone was right in front of her.

"Hey," she said. She didn't recognise the girl, although she looked younger than Hester. She wondered if she was one of the new First Years, although she could just have been a young looking second year. It wasn't impossible.

Well, if she was a first year, she wouldn't know very many people yet.

"I'm Hester," she said, introducing herself. "What's your name?"
Back to top Go down
Serenity McAdams
Second Year
Serenity McAdams

PostSubject: Re: Boredom Was Never My Friend   Boredom Was Never My Friend EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 6:18 pm

I hadn't even realized that I was wandering along the direct path of someone, so naturally I was a little agitated when I had to abruptly stop in order to avoid a collision. I blinked, my attitude beginning to flare a bit as I stared at my almost victim. My features softened a fraction when I realized the girl was attempting to talk to me, so I offered a very vague upturn of my lips. I wasn't unfriendly, just.. hard to get used to?

"Hey." I replied after a moment, listening to her introduce herself. Not a name I'd heard before, but at least it was unique. "I'm Serenity." I said with a small nod. Hester appeared older then me, but I wasn't really intimidated by that fact. After all, she seemed nice enough.
Back to top Go down
Hester Alderman
Fifth Year
Hester Alderman

PostSubject: Re: Boredom Was Never My Friend   Boredom Was Never My Friend EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 6:25 pm

"That's a pretty name," said Hester. She'd never heard of anyone called Serenity before.

She began walking again, this time in the direction Serenity had been going in.

"Do you want to walk with me?" she asked. She felt like she was being a bit sudden, but walking had always seemed to make things easier, because it was easier to talk to something if you were doing something else as well. It made any awkward silences a lot less awkward.

"Are you a first year?" she asked, hoping that the girl wouldn't turn out to be third year or something. Now that would be embarrassing.
Back to top Go down
Serenity McAdams
Second Year
Serenity McAdams

PostSubject: Re: Boredom Was Never My Friend   Boredom Was Never My Friend EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 11:48 pm

I paused a bit in surprise when I heard the girl complimenting my name. I was aware that it wasn't a common one, and I did love my name. Instead of saying 'I know,' much like I wanted to, I gave Hester a slightly wider (though still closed lipped) smile. "Thank you, I like yours too." I replied, hoping to make up for my previous, somewhat rude actions. After all, I'd never heard of someone with her name before.

I watched as the girl began walking off again and I blinked. Well, that had been a quick conversation.. I was just about to start walking again when I heard the offer. I considered for a moment before my shoulders rose and fell in a shrug. Well, why not? Not like I had anything else to do, and I had been looking for some entertainment. "Sure." I replied, and fell into step beside her.

I nodded when she questioned me on my year. "Yeah. Hoping to be in Slytherin." I said. I hoped I was playing the friendly card well, even if my somewhat unfriendly features might have been expressing otherwise. At least I was trying.. "How about you?"
Back to top Go down
Hester Alderman
Fifth Year
Hester Alderman

PostSubject: Re: Boredom Was Never My Friend   Boredom Was Never My Friend EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 3:12 am

Hester was glad that the girl had agreed to walk with her. It would have been rather awkward if she hadn't.

"I'm in Gryffindor, but I have a few friends in Slytherin," she said. She hoped that Serenity wasn't the type of person to hate everyone in the other houses; she had got on very well with a few Slytherins, and the only person who had really given her trouble last year was a Hufflepuff.

"I've just finished my first year," she added.
Back to top Go down
Serenity McAdams
Second Year
Serenity McAdams

PostSubject: Re: Boredom Was Never My Friend   Boredom Was Never My Friend EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 5:09 pm

"Oh? Nice." I found myself saying with a vague nod of my head. I didn't have any problems really with people who were in other houses, although I had met others who were like that. I wasn't quite sure if those types of people irritated me.. sometimes they did, yet other times I could understand their views. But me personally, I didn't really care what house someone was in. If I didn't like them, I didn't like them, and if I did then I did. Simple as that, really.

"You like your house?" I offered in an attempt to keep the conversation going. Even if I wasn't looking to join the Gryffindor house, it didn't hurt to ask.
Back to top Go down
Hester Alderman
Fifth Year
Hester Alderman

PostSubject: Re: Boredom Was Never My Friend   Boredom Was Never My Friend EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 5:28 pm

Hester smiled. Serenity didn't seem bothered that she was a Gryffindor, which was a good sign.

"I do," she said happily. "It's nice. All of the other students are really friendly as well."

"Have you bought your books yet? Do you know what subjects you're going to take?" she asked. To anyone else it would have been a conversation filler question, but Hester was truly interested.

It was really sunny, surprisingly for Britain, and Hester wondered if they would bump into anyone else in the park. She was sure that some of her friends would be hanging around Diagon Alley.
Back to top Go down
Serenity McAdams
Second Year
Serenity McAdams

PostSubject: Re: Boredom Was Never My Friend   Boredom Was Never My Friend EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 4:34 pm

I noticed Hester once more smiling. I wasn't sure if it was because she was just a genuinely happy person, or if it had been something I'd said. Deciding to play it on the safe side, I offered her a small upturn of my lips in return, so that I wouldn't be rude. "That's cool. I can't imagine people in my house being.. friendly. We'll see though." I said with a small chuckle, shrugging.

I paused at Hester's question, but was soon shaking my head. "I haven't.. I'm really not sure what I want to take." I explained, my expression a bit bored. It wasn't anything against the girl, I just wasn't a fan of school. Yet I still had to take classes whether I liked it or not, so why not talk about it with someone willing? "What classes are you taking?"
Back to top Go down
Hester Alderman
Fifth Year
Hester Alderman

PostSubject: Re: Boredom Was Never My Friend   Boredom Was Never My Friend EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 3:32 am

Hester felt a little embarrassed at the next question. Her answer would make her sound like one of the most studious Ravenclaws.

"I'm actually taking all of them," she said. "Everything's so new."

She wasn't sure whether she had said too much; she was still a little worried about her blood status, despite already having done a year at the school, gotten good grades and made pure blood friends who didn't mind.
Back to top Go down
Serenity McAdams
Second Year
Serenity McAdams

PostSubject: Re: Boredom Was Never My Friend   Boredom Was Never My Friend EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 12:29 pm

It didn't take me long to realize that my question seemed to had left Hester a bit embarrassed, and I could feel my brow arching slowly in question. Though when I heard the older girl speak to me, it made perfect sense. "..Oh.." I said with a blink, not quite understanding why anyone would want to put themselves through the torture of taking all the classes. I decided to keep my opinion to myself for once, figuring it wouldn't be nice to offend someone who was going out of her way to be nice to me.

"Well. I decided I'm going to take Divination, Herbology, Defense Against the Dark Arts, and Astronomy.." I offered, surprising even myself with the amount of classes I'd chosen to take. I shrugged inwardly, glancing back ahead of me as we walked.
Back to top Go down
Hester Alderman
Fifth Year
Hester Alderman

PostSubject: Re: Boredom Was Never My Friend   Boredom Was Never My Friend EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 2:52 pm

"Divination's a bit odd," said Hester. "All staring into teacups and stuff. I never really understood it. But it's quite interesting. Defence against the dark arts is probably the best subject I took. It was practical in the first lesson, and we got sweets as a reward."

Then she stopped. She hoped that the girl wasn't getting bored.

"Hey, do you want to go for an ice cream or something?" she asked, hoping that Serenity would say yes.
Back to top Go down
Serenity McAdams
Second Year
Serenity McAdams

PostSubject: Re: Boredom Was Never My Friend   Boredom Was Never My Friend EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 3:01 pm

I did my best to keep myself listening to the girl as she spoke to me, knowing she was just trying to be nice by offering me advice when it came to school. I should have been thankful for having fun into someone quite so helpful, and so I settled for giving her a nod to show I was acknowledging the things she was saying. "I think I'm going to enjoy Defense Against the Dark Arts the most." I supplied.

My brow arched slightly when the girl suddenly came to a stop, but I soon stopped beside her, my eyes questioning. I hesitated when I heard her offer, not quite having expected it. But I didn't have anything else better to do, and why act like an anti-social witch? "Um.. sure." I finally got around to replying.

I hoped the girl didn't take my personality to heart too much. I just wasn't used to befriending people. In time, I would get used to her, if she decided to stick around.
Back to top Go down
Hester Alderman
Fifth Year
Hester Alderman

PostSubject: Re: Boredom Was Never My Friend   Boredom Was Never My Friend EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 6:07 pm

Hester grinned. The girl seemed a bit stony, but she was a first year and would be shy by law. Hester liked making new friends, and she felt like she was getting somewhere with Serenity.

"That's awesome," she said, smiling kindly at Serenity. "Do you wanna go there now?" She was hoping for a change of scenery, just to liven things up a bit. There was only so much she could say about school before both of them fell asleep from the boredom.
Back to top Go down
Serenity McAdams
Second Year
Serenity McAdams

PostSubject: Re: Boredom Was Never My Friend   Boredom Was Never My Friend EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 8:14 pm

I saw the girl grinning, but I couldn't bring myself to offer one back. I did give her a small smile though. It wasn't that I was shy, I was actually far from it. Most people called me snobby, a witch, or just unfriendly. I'd gotten used to all the colorful adjectives that had been used in order to describe me. I just got a good laugh out of them now.

"Yeah, we can." I replied with a small nod, waiting for her to lead the way. I could see myself possibly becoming friends with her.. she just had something about her that seemed to balance out my rather harsh personality.
Back to top Go down
Hester Alderman
Fifth Year
Hester Alderman

PostSubject: Re: Boredom Was Never My Friend   Boredom Was Never My Friend EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 5:39 am

Hester saw the girl smile in return to her grin, and felt pleased with herself. She felt like she was cracking into the girl's personality, getting to know her. She hoped that they would stay friends at Hogwarts, despite being in different years and, probably, houses. It did look like she was going to have to do most of the work in the friendship but Hester didn't really mind. She liked Serenity.

Hester led Serenity down another path.

"It's this way," she said. "Out of the park."

She waited for Serenity to follow her.

((OOC: I'll start a new thread at the Ice Cream Parlour)).
Back to top Go down
Serenity McAdams
Second Year
Serenity McAdams

PostSubject: Re: Boredom Was Never My Friend   Boredom Was Never My Friend EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 12:12 pm

I nodded when Hester mentioned where the Parlour was located. I'd been there once before, but it was still nice for the small reminder. I was still a bit shocked that after how rude and closed off I had been that she still wanted to be around me, but I wasn't going to question it. Having a friend like her would probably benefit me a lot more then it would bring me down.

I followed after Hester a moment later, my mind already beginning to think through the possible flavors I could get.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Boredom Was Never My Friend   Boredom Was Never My Friend Empty

Back to top Go down

Boredom Was Never My Friend
Page 1 of 1