Hogwarts Novitas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In a realm of magic, anything is possible.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Novitas! Please read all of the information in the "Starting Out" forum. Hogwarts is now OPEN. Diagon Alley/Hogsmeade will remain open for a week. Happy posting.  - Wizard God

Parkinson Manor

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lavender Parkinson
Third Year
Lavender Parkinson

Parkinson Manor Empty
PostSubject: Parkinson Manor   Parkinson Manor EmptyWed May 25, 2011 4:54 pm

It was still dark outside when Lavender woke up. It was barely 6am. Again. She hadn't been able to sleep for very long since she got home for the summer. If she remembered correctly, she'd only gotten to sleep at 2am.

So with a sigh she clambered out of bed and made her way down the main staircase. Light from the moon was the only thing illuminating her path as she tried not to make any noise. Her parents were quite light sleepers, her brother even more so. She entered the kitchen, a yawn escaping her lips. If her parents had been around she would have covered her mouth, but they weren't so she didn't.

A glass of water was tempting right now, so she got herself a glass and filled it up. Taking a large gulp as she sat on the floor, leaning her back against the wall. Ever since she'd returned home her parents had been moaning about her grades and her appearance. Both weren't up to their standards. Nothing she did ever was, though she'd learnt to accept that over the last few years.

"What in blazes are you doing up?" Lavender jumped when a voice broke the silence. She looked up to see Excalibur staring at her with a confused and tired frown.

"Ex! You made me jump!" She was thankful she hadn't dropped the cup clutched in her hands. That would have woken their parents up.

"Sorry," He sniggered, his confusion seemly gone. "Why are you awake?" Excalibur made his way towards her, sinking to the floor to sit next to her.

"Couldn't sleep," Lavender shrugged, taking another swig of water. Savoring the feel of it down her throat.

"What? Just like every other night?" He raised an eyebrow at her. "What's up? You can tell me, I am your big brother after all," He playfully nudged his shoulder against hers. A small smiled cracked on her lips, though she was worried about whether to talk to him. Perhaps she'd get some sleep if she got it out of her system.

"I met someone, at school. I really like them," Lavender brought her knees to her chest defensively, though she knew she didn't need to be defensive around her brother. It was something she did automatically.

"Ah, what's his name?" Excalibur understood straightaway, though Lavender wasn't sure he'd understand after she said her next bit.

"Her name's Hester," It felt like all air had vacated her lungs as she waited for her brother's reaction. He'd probably yell at her and leave. She was wrong of course.

"Oh," His lips made an 'o' shape for a minute. "So you're..."

"Yep," Lavender nodded firmly.

"Right. Well, that-that's fine," She couldn't help but be amused at his trouble of finding words. Though relief was what filled her system.

"Really?" Tears sprang to her eyes as she looked at him.

"Of course, kiddo. You be whoever you want to be," Excalibur slid closer to her and put an arm round her. "Though, you do know I have to meet her now," He smiled, as did Lavender.

"Thank you," She wiped her eyes quickly.

"No problem, what am I here for?" Excalibur grinned before pulling her into a tight hug, kissing her forehead.

"What about mum and dad?" The next thing she'd have to face.

"I wouldn't tell them yet. But I'll be there when you do, you'll need all the help you can get," They carried on hugging, Lavender merely nodded her head against his chest. They would deal with that when the time came.
Back to top Go down

Parkinson Manor
Page 1 of 1