Hogwarts Novitas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In a realm of magic, anything is possible.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Novitas! Please read all of the information in the "Starting Out" forum. Hogwarts is now OPEN. Diagon Alley/Hogsmeade will remain open for a week. Happy posting.  - Wizard God

The Manor and Something Special

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Elena Parkinson
First Year
Elena Parkinson

The Manor and Something Special Empty
PostSubject: The Manor and Something Special   The Manor and Something Special EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 5:23 pm

Elena had decided to wander to a place she had heard of in her conversations with her mother during the time she had left with her. A place known as Parkinson Manor. The dark walls scaled the sky and were hidden by the black iron gates set in front of her. She was only given the simple directions to get to it from her previous house where her mother had lived. It was a cold 5 minutes walk and Elena thought that it was about time to meet the rest of her family.

Elena had reached the gates before her and was about to push them when they opened themselves. The door at the end of the gravel drive opened and a tall figure stepped out. The sky around was becoming increasingly darker as she walked towards the figure and the safety of Parkinson Manor. The figure raised his arm towards Elena. Shocked, she started to walk backwards but the figure called to “Stop!” It began to run, and stopped before her. “Don’t run Elena. I’m Excalibur. Lavender told me she thought you were coming. Come inside, it’s getting dark” He looked at me as I began to stubble in the growing darkness. “Try this, I’ve taught it twice just this week.” He said, pointing his wand towards the house, he whispered something. Elena closed her eyes expecting something major to blow up, like the Manor. But the only thing that happened was an explosion of light out of Excalibur’s wand.

Elena looked towards his face. “What the…?” He laughed. “Lumos, it basically produces a light from your wand.” Elena was intrigued. Again laughing Excalibur said “have a go. Point your wand and say Lumos”

It sounded simple. Elena removed her wand from her pocket and pointed it like he had said. “Lumos” she whispered, hoping she had said it right. It seemed not as nothing had happened. Elena looked at the tip of her wand, expecting it to have no tip or something. But it was all there. She looked back at Excalibur. “Excalibur, did I even do it right?” he chuckled, “Yes. But firstly, call me Ex. Excalibur’s too long. And secondly, you need to try again, until it feels natural.”

Elena nodded. Right, Lets see… Light… no, Lumos… Elena looked at the end of her wand. Speaking at a normal level, she said “Lumos” again, instead of thinking it. This time a slight spark seemed to appear on the tip of her wand. It didn’t light the area in front like her cousin’s had. “Again” came the voice beside her. Even though it was starting to get cold Elena tried again. This time she exclaimed “Lumos!” in both her mind and through her words. She could hear her voice echo around her; she felt a surge of light pulse through her and into the wood she held in her hand. The surge caused her to stare at the tip of her wand. A light sparked and seemingly exploded in front of the pair, spreading out in front of them.

Elena smiled in triumph. She had achieved a spell. Without glancing away from the light, she could see Excalibur’s smile too. “Defiantly a Parkinson. Now you can light the way to the door” he laughed. The pair, by Elena’s light went into the Manor and the door closed behind them. Elena felt normal here. But one thing puzzled her. The light was still on the end of her wand. “Errrr… How do I put it out?” she asked Excalibur. “that’s for another day. Maybe I could teach you and Lavender together.” he said turning. “Nox” was all he said. Elena’s wand’s light was extinguished and he walked off. simple Elena thought.
Back to top Go down
Wizard God
Administrator
Wizard God

The Manor and Something Special Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Manor and Something Special   The Manor and Something Special EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 3:53 am

You have done well, Elena. Wizard God approves this story and deems you worthy of spell-casting- thereby granting you use of the Lumos spell. Congratulations.

This thread will be locked and 10 galleons will be added to your account for a job well done.

You may learn a new spell on the 16th of March.
Back to top Go down
https://hogwartsnovitas.rpg-board.net

The Manor and Something Special
Page 1 of 1