Hogwarts Novitas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In a realm of magic, anything is possible.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Novitas! Please read all of the information in the "Starting Out" forum. Hogwarts is now OPEN. Diagon Alley/Hogsmeade will remain open for a week. Happy posting.  - Wizard God

Wandering and Waiting for Something Interesting

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kyra Henderson
Fourth Year
Kyra Henderson

Wandering and Waiting for Something Interesting Empty
PostSubject: Wandering and Waiting for Something Interesting   Wandering and Waiting for Something Interesting EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 1:34 am

Kyra walked around the park, checking off her summer list as she walked. "Utterly destroy kitchen...Check. Visit with Ivan and/or Sid...Check. Pack Mum's Mungo's bag...Check." She honestly had no idea as to why she was mumbling the items on the list as she read them, but it was just a force of habit. She couldn't read things without talking, as she found out earlier that summer.

The girl sat down at a bench, nearly bored to death. Things were getting bad at home. Her parents wouldn't stop fighting, her mum's due date was nearing, and she was just stressed out about her grades. It was mid-July and sweltering hot. She would give anything for a swim in the lake nearby, but she didn't bring her bathing suit. She looked down at the shadows on the sidewalk, noticing a new shadow joining hers on the bench. Not looking up, she said, "Hello."
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2126315/
Louis Weasley
Second Year
Louis Weasley

PostSubject: Re: Wandering and Waiting for Something Interesting   Wandering and Waiting for Something Interesting EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 2:18 am

"Oh, I know you," Louis said casually as he walked up to the bench, where Kyra was sitting."We hung out some last year."
And without even asking after that, he just sat down with her. She didn't look too happy with life, to be honest, and this rather worried him.

"Uh, are you alright?"
Back to top Go down
Kyra Henderson
Fourth Year
Kyra Henderson

PostSubject: Re: Wandering and Waiting for Something Interesting   Wandering and Waiting for Something Interesting EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 2:32 am

Kyra looked up at the somewhat familiar voice. "Yeah, you know me, I guess," she smiled weakly. "You're the Raven Weasley, aren't you?"

"Uh, are you alright?" Louis, or at least she thought it was, asked.

"Yeah, I-I'm fine," she replied, trying to make it seem like she really was what she said. She looked down at the ground again, watching the sidewalk, which, of course, was a sidewalk so it didn't do anything. "Okay, I'm lying through my teeth. My parents are just going insane. My dad is picking fights with my mum, my mum's due any day now, and I'm just freaking out. My home life is just spiralling downward and I'm rambling, aren't I?" she asked, looking back up at the Ravenclaw, tears threatening to spill. There was never a time where things were worse than they were now.
Back to top Go down
Louis Weasley
Second Year
Louis Weasley

PostSubject: Re: Wandering and Waiting for Something Interesting   Wandering and Waiting for Something Interesting EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 2:42 am

Louis frowned more and more as she went on. To be honest, he hadn't even expected her to tell him what was wrong. After all, she seemed the sort to call someone out for getting into things that weren't their business- but then, he could be mixing her up with someone else just as easily... it had been a year, hadn't it?

"Yep, and you're that Hufflepuff, right?"
He pulled her into a hug, which was a tad awkward, as he didn't hug people too often, but he let it slide.
"I can't really help too much with your situation, but I can get you some ice cream, which has never failed me, if you'd like."
Back to top Go down
Kyra Henderson
Fourth Year
Kyra Henderson

PostSubject: Re: Wandering and Waiting for Something Interesting   Wandering and Waiting for Something Interesting EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 2:52 am

Kyra saw Louis frown as she spoke. Was her situation really that horrible that her sort of friend who she hadn't seen in forever would judge her on it? "Yeah, I'm that weird Puff that knocked you over in the lake," she said, smiling slightly at the memory.

She was pulled into the boy's arms, and returned the hug, slightly confused. It had been a long time since she'd received a hug, or any type of affection, really. Well, she had at Korsten Kompanies, but that was besides the point.

She closed her eyes for a few moments before opening them again and sliding back toward her original spot. "I think ice cream might be a good thing right now. I dunno why, but it might just make me feel better. Strange, huh?"
Back to top Go down
Louis Weasley
Second Year
Louis Weasley

PostSubject: Re: Wandering and Waiting for Something Interesting   Wandering and Waiting for Something Interesting EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 3:44 am

He smirked at her lightly- which was really the only way Ravenclaws glared at people in the first place unless they were interrupting their reading or something stupid like that, but still.

"Ah, so you've discovered the magical powers of ice cream then, have you? This can only mean a brighter future and happier days for you, then."
Back to top Go down
Kyra Henderson
Fourth Year
Kyra Henderson

PostSubject: Re: Wandering and Waiting for Something Interesting   Wandering and Waiting for Something Interesting EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 4:10 am

The girl scrunched her brow a little bit, slightly confused by the smirk he gave to her. She laughed at Louis' ice cream discovery...thing.

"Nah, I learned them a long time ago. Not many people know of the delights of butterbeer ice cream because they think it'll make them weak. If I were to look into the Mirror of Erised, I think I'd see me, holding and eating a giant bowl of Florean Fortescue's butterbeer ice cream. That would be a nice thing to see," she said dreamily.

She got up quickly and asked, "Well, are we going?"
Back to top Go down
Louis Weasley
Second Year
Louis Weasley

PostSubject: Re: Wandering and Waiting for Something Interesting   Wandering and Waiting for Something Interesting EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 4:55 am

Louis laughed at her. The funny thing was, he was pretty sure he could actually imagine that being what she saw in the Mirror of Erised, and there weren't many he could really say that about.

"Yeah, let's get going." And with that said, he continued walking.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wandering and Waiting for Something Interesting   Wandering and Waiting for Something Interesting Empty

Back to top Go down

Wandering and Waiting for Something Interesting
Page 1 of 1