Hogwarts Novitas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In a realm of magic, anything is possible.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Novitas! Please read all of the information in the "Starting Out" forum. Hogwarts is now OPEN. Diagon Alley/Hogsmeade will remain open for a week. Happy posting.  - Wizard God

Ancient Runes Introduction and Sign up

Go down 
+8
Elise Hamilton
Anthony McGuire
Jasmine Delaware
Samuel Jude Parker III
Jenn Black
Leighton Vladimir
Adreis Conners
Damian Astraios
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Damian Astraios
Adult
Damian Astraios

Ancient Runes Introduction and Sign up Empty
PostSubject: Ancient Runes Introduction and Sign up   Ancient Runes Introduction and Sign up EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 8:25 pm

All right class, I'm the Professor and I'll be teaching you today. Now just so we are all clear this is Ancient Runes, so please make sure you are in the right class...

...There's always one isn't there...

Right for the rest of us we have a lot to cover so lets get started...

The recent discovery of a new set of runes found etched into the stonework of a large block found beneath Stonehenge, has caused a lot of questions to arise in the wizarding world. So to keep with the times this new language labelled the Pandorica Runes is what we are going to be studying.
(OOC: Yes I made it up so none of you smart arses can copy and paste off the internet...you will have to use your brain to answer my questions)

As this is a new discovery I doubt any of you would have heard much about the Pandorica runes, so I expect lots of question and very few right answers. In class you will receive points for your participation and willingness to get involved and not for correct answers, the time for you to answer questions will come during the homework when I test you on what I have taught you.

Please turn up to lessons and get involved, I won't be able to give you points if you just sit in the back all quiet, don't be afraid to speak up, I won't deduct points for stupid questions you may just get a funny look.

Please complete your homework on time as well, I spend the time teaching you so I hope you can spend the time doing a little bit of work for me. (OOC: As this is a made up language, you may not know all the facts, but to be honest...neither will I, so make it up....I will give points for imagination)

If you want to ask me anything or need some help with something or other, please feel free to owl me... I might even respond.

Please refer to the hand out that I just gave you, it will show you how you will explain to you the number of points you will need to reach the different grades. But for those of you who were too stupid to pick up a sheet on the way in I'll write it on the board.

Passing

(O) Outstanding = 90 – 100 points.
(E) Exceeds Expectations = 75 - 89 points.
(A) Acceptable = 60 -74 points.

Failing

(P) Poor = 45-59 points.
(D) Dreadful = 30-44 points.
(T) Troll = 0-29 points.

You will receive the same number of galleons for the number of points you receive, so it pays to work hard.

Finally I expect you to behave in my classroom exactly the same as you would anywhere else in the school just because the class my seem a little bit alien doesn't mean you can forget where you are otherwise I will have to exterminate some of your house points. So behave or you'll have me to deal with.

Right if you could all please sign this sheet on your way out, I would greatly appreciate it.

Code:
I ... agree that Professor Astraios is awesome, and agree to be a cool kid in his class.

Class Dismissed.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ancient Runes Introduction and Sign up   Ancient Runes Introduction and Sign up EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 4:00 pm

I Anne McSommers agree that Professor Astraios is awesome, and agree to be a cool kid in his class
Back to top Go down
Adreis Conners
Second Year
Adreis Conners

PostSubject: Re: Ancient Runes Introduction and Sign up   Ancient Runes Introduction and Sign up EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 6:43 pm

I Adreis Conners agree that Professor Astraios is awesome, and agree to be a cool kid in his class.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ancient Runes Introduction and Sign up   Ancient Runes Introduction and Sign up EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 6:51 pm

Astrid looked begrudgingly at the oath she had to sign. Fuming at how he could say such a thing to see how far their obedience could be tested, she scrawled:

Astrid Eliot agrees that Professor Astraios is awesome, and agrees to be a cool kid in his class. But does think that the way you get respect is by earning it.

Pulling a scathing look to the man while his back was turned, she scurried out of the classroom and wondered what on Merlin's Earth had propelled her to do that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ancient Runes Introduction and Sign up   Ancient Runes Introduction and Sign up EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 6:59 pm

I Charlotte Willow agree that Professor Astraios is awesome, and agree to be a cool kid in his class.
Back to top Go down
Leighton Vladimir
Third Year
Leighton Vladimir

PostSubject: Re: Ancient Runes Introduction and Sign up   Ancient Runes Introduction and Sign up EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 9:14 pm

I, Leighton Vladimir, agree the Professor Astraios is awesome and agree to be a cool kid in his class.
Back to top Go down
Jenn Black
Second Year
Jenn Black

PostSubject: Re: Ancient Runes Introduction and Sign up   Ancient Runes Introduction and Sign up EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 9:53 pm

I, Jenn (formally Jennifer) Black, agree that Professor Astraios is awesome, and agree to be a cool kid in his class.

Back to top Go down
Samuel Jude Parker III
Second Year
Samuel Jude Parker III

PostSubject: Re: Ancient Runes Introduction and Sign up   Ancient Runes Introduction and Sign up EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 2:08 am

I Jude Parker agree that Professor Astraios is awesome, and agree to be a cool kid in his class.
Back to top Go down
Jasmine Delaware
Second Year
Jasmine Delaware

PostSubject: Re: Ancient Runes Introduction and Sign up   Ancient Runes Introduction and Sign up EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 3:07 am

I Jasmine Delaware agree that Professor Astraios is awesome, and agree to be a cool kid in his class.
Back to top Go down
Anthony McGuire
Fourth Year
Anthony McGuire

PostSubject: Re: Ancient Runes Introduction and Sign up   Ancient Runes Introduction and Sign up EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 7:17 am

I, Anthony McGuire, agree that Professor Astraios is awesome, and agree to be a cool kid in his class.
Back to top Go down
Elise Hamilton
Third Year
Elise Hamilton

PostSubject: Re: Ancient Runes Introduction and Sign up   Ancient Runes Introduction and Sign up EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 7:35 am

I, Elise Hawkins, agree that Professor Astraios is awesome, and agree to be a cool kid in his class.
Back to top Go down
Thomas Celare
Fourth Year
Thomas Celare

PostSubject: Re: Ancient Runes Introduction and Sign up   Ancient Runes Introduction and Sign up EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 10:11 am

Thomas couldn't help but roll his eyes slightly at the oath, but mentally shrugged. To each their own. he supposed.

I, Thomas Celare ... agree that Professor Astraios is awesome, and agree to be a cool kid in his class.

With that, he grinned and left the room, admittedly excited to get started with Runes.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ancient Runes Introduction and Sign up   Ancient Runes Introduction and Sign up EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 10:49 am

I, Essi Kettenun, agree that Professor Astraios is awesome, and agree to be a cool kid in his class.
Back to top Go down
Pierre Korsten
Fourth Year
Pierre Korsten

PostSubject: Re: Ancient Runes Introduction and Sign up   Ancient Runes Introduction and Sign up EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 9:41 pm

I, Pierre Korsten, agree that Professor Astraios is awesome, and agree to be a cool kid in his clas
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ancient Runes Introduction and Sign up   Ancient Runes Introduction and Sign up EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 4:35 pm

I Rowan Drake agree that Professor Astraios is awesome, and agree to be a cool kid in his class.
Back to top Go down
Hester Alderman
Fifth Year
Hester Alderman

PostSubject: Re: Ancient Runes Introduction and Sign up   Ancient Runes Introduction and Sign up EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 5:02 pm

I, Hester Alderman, agree that Professor Astraios is awesome, and agree to be a cool kid in his class.
Back to top Go down
Kyra Henderson
Fourth Year
Kyra Henderson

PostSubject: Re: Ancient Runes Introduction and Sign up   Ancient Runes Introduction and Sign up EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 9:04 pm

I, Kyra Henderson, agree that Professor Astraios is awesome, and agree to be a cool kid in his class.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2126315/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ancient Runes Introduction and Sign up   Ancient Runes Introduction and Sign up Empty

Back to top Go down

Ancient Runes Introduction and Sign up
Page 1 of 1