Hogwarts Novitas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In a realm of magic, anything is possible.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Novitas! Please read all of the information in the "Starting Out" forum. Hogwarts is now OPEN. Diagon Alley/Hogsmeade will remain open for a week. Happy posting.  - Wizard God

Marthablocked

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ursula Sparrow
Transfiguration Professor
Ursula Sparrow

Marthablocked Empty
PostSubject: Marthablocked   Marthablocked EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 6:40 pm

It had been a lovely anti climax of a battle when the coat hooks she had been stood in held a coat with a wand in it, allowing her to disapparate. Splinching an eyebrow she didn't notice the following morning until the postman pointed out luckily before Emily could was the only trace that anything had happened at all at the Elwood Home, and she wasn't banking on it leaving a trace anywhere but on her brow. Not going to worry now, Ursula had decided. Living in the moment something that she was so strident against for the most part of her life was now becoming a fast motto.

Her four inch heels with every concious click made on the polished parquet, as she narrowed the distance between her and the Secretary's Desk. Ursula hadn't intended until, ooh, at least nine this morning that she was coming to visit David, and so thought that sending word ahead to him that he was coming was simply unneccessary, and had owled his secretary Martha to see if she could book her in for an hour or two. She gave vague hints that it'd be a paperwork based meeting to throw Martha off the scent that it was in actuality a social meeting between the two- not that Oswald knew of that yet- and hoped that Martha's odd goodbye at the end of her reply sent via fireplace merited her name being scratched in on the 1pm spot.

"Hello, Martha, it's Ursula again," she said with a bright smile, lighting up her features and feeling very confident because of her rose lipstick. Rouge always did make Ursula feel like she was walking inches above the ground, and in her choice of footwear today, reality was as true as ever.
Martha made a frosty smile and shook her head, "Ms Sparrow. And what do I owe this pleasure?" Her thin lips curled down into a frown mixed with a slight smirk and Ursula did her best to not look confused.
"I sent word earlier for a meeting with Oswald. And you replied. Besides, how would I ever have gotten through security the two times without your slip you sent back with your permission?"

If Martha was perturbed by this fast retort from Ursula, she hid it well. "I sent no word you could meet him," she said quietly, looking up at her finally. The emphasis on 'him' made Ursula feel a little too intimate for words with Martha, as if she had noticed something she shouldn't have, and for that she took a clacky heel step back, giving Martha the satisfaction.
"Any step further away from this desk is going to make me a happy woman, Ms Sparrow. On your way," she said with dead eyes, sending the quill she was hammering down onto thin parchment off the page with a sharp flourish.

Ursula pouted and returned the glare back as best as she could. "For a man who prides himself on his staff-" (Martha's cheeks visibly pinkened at that) "for being good, strong and kind people, he can't half pick some stinkers for desk jobs," she said, seeing the blush wipe off Martha's face immediately.

The door behind Martha some way creaked open and Ursula stiffened. In the corner of her eye, she saw Martha straighten her back up in her chair too.
Back to top Go down
David Oswald
Minister of Magic
David Oswald

Marthablocked Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marthablocked   Marthablocked EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 1:34 pm

David had been sat reading through reports all morning, he had barely got through half of them and it seemed that today was going to be one of those days that just wanted to stretch on and on forever. He had a meeting later on with the Bulgarian Minister, hopefully to sort out some problems they were having with dragon exports, David would have originally put the disappearance of several dragons down to the incompetance of some of Bulgaria's own paperwork and traders, but with recent events he had to hear the man out and try and sort this problem out.

Adding another report to the 'read again later when you can actually think' pile, he looked up at the clock and sighed, rubbing at his tired eyes.

His office was usually farely quiet so when he heard a disturbance outside of his door, he thought that maybe his legs could do with a stretch and he could perhaps go and investigate to see what was going on. As he neared the door, he heard the two familiar voices, one of them set a smile on his face.

"Ursula," he grinned as he opened the door, and stood in the doorway, he glanced between the two women, Martha didn't look to cheerful, but recently it seemed as if someone had stuck a sour sweet up her arse. "Martha you didn't say that Miss Sparrow was coming."

"Well she wasn't," Martha gave Ursula a sharp look, "I can get rid of her."

But David wasn't really listening instead he stepped to the side, allowing Ursula into his office. He quickly closed the door behind her leaving Martha to stew in her own juices.

He made his way over to the cabinet on the far side, and pulled out a couple of glasses, pouring them both a drink. He didn't care that it was barely the afternoon, he could do with something other than the stupid herbal teas that Martha kept bringing him. Even if he didn't drink them, he was sick of feeding them to the plants around the room. Did that count as cannibalism? Oh hell it didn't matter.

"It's nice to see you again," he said over his shoulder before turning to face her, "but I'm curious as to why you have graced me with your presence again? Is there something I can help with?"

He offered her a glass and a seat, before relaxing into one opposite her, he chose not to sit behind his desk, too formal, he didn't like being the Minister around her, David was perfectly fine.
Back to top Go down

Marthablocked
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hogwarts Novitas :: Archived Posts-
Jump to: