Hogwarts Novitas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In a realm of magic, anything is possible.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Novitas! Please read all of the information in the "Starting Out" forum. Hogwarts is now OPEN. Diagon Alley/Hogsmeade will remain open for a week. Happy posting.  - Wizard God

Drunken Apologies

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
David Oswald
Minister of Magic
David Oswald

Drunken Apologies Empty
PostSubject: Drunken Apologies   Drunken Apologies EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 11:53 am

David watched the other patrons of the pub, the laughing, murmuring, shouting, some even singing along to the radio that played a crackling tune throughout the room. He sat alone, as usual, with his hands nursing a glass of something, he had had too many to even care what it was the bar tender poured into his glass, and it all tasted the same now. His eyes wandered the blurred faces, and his head rocked uncontrollably to what he imagined was the beat of the music.

How he had come to be sat alone in the Hog's Head, of all places, he couldn't quite remember. The memory may have been there at the back of his mind, but his thoughts were clouded and he was happy not to push his thoughts too far, it probably didn't make much difference. He staggered to his feet, knocking over a stool as he passed.

"I'm so sorry," he quickly apologised and knelt down next to the stool placing his empty glass on the floor, "let me just help you back up."

David fumbled with the stool and set it up right again, glancing around the room to see if anyone had seen, he patted the seat apologetically reached down for his glass and made his way to the bar. Leaning on the bar, he balanced himself, and tapped his glass drawing the attention of the barman.

"I would like, a-a-a nother drink, perlease," David's words slurred across his tongue, and the barman gave him a curious look. He was probably surprised to see someone so drunk, on their own, but for it to be the Minister of Magic, he probably didn't know what to do either.

"I think you may have had enough sir," the man tried to reach for David's glass, but the Minister quickly snatched it away and clutched it to his chest.

"No it's my glass, you can't take it, " he tried to rest an elbow on the counter, but it slipped off the edge and he dropped his glass on the floor sending it skittering away in pieces, "Now look what you did!"

David fell to his knees and started collecting up the broken shards of glass, as he reached for one piece someones foot stepped on it, and David tried pulling it from beneath their shoe.

"Excuuuse me, you are stood on my friend."
Back to top Go down
Loki
First Year
Loki

Drunken Apologies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drunken Apologies   Drunken Apologies EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 12:59 pm

*~under a transfigurative charm to appear like a completely black bloohdhound~*
As Loki lapped up the puddle of beer from one end of the pub underneath a mouldy window, he couldn't help but reflect on his poor standard of living. He had so many things he could be doing right now, but he understood that his master needed him to go beyond his decency and do what was needed. Loki couldn't think of any other word other than snoop, and he expected that to be because being in the same room as thick wizards who disgraced the name of magickind had made his IQ drop a few levels.

He barked madly when something dug into his foot as he trawled away from the dropped firewhiskey and his eyes shot up in anger, the once yellow now drained eyes of a bloodhound looking up at the blurred blinking eyes of the Minister for Magic! His master was going to be so proud.

But the pain came first.
Loki howled loudly, and most of the patrons who had hearing enough over the drowning radio looked up. The barman shrugged apologetically almost and carried on with his "cleaning". Loki pulled out of his animalistic rage and made a split second decision- to have David help him.

With the best puppy dog eyes he could muster, he held back on his hind leg and made a feeble bleating sound.
How pathetic this was. This was going to be so easy.
Back to top Go down

Drunken Apologies
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hogwarts Novitas :: Archived Posts-
Jump to: