Hogwarts Novitas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In a realm of magic, anything is possible.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Novitas! Please read all of the information in the "Starting Out" forum. Hogwarts is now OPEN. Diagon Alley/Hogsmeade will remain open for a week. Happy posting.  - Wizard God

It's a bird, no a plane, no, it's Mighty Mouse!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Peter Wiggin
Second Year
Peter Wiggin

It's a bird, no a plane, no, it's Mighty Mouse! Empty
PostSubject: It's a bird, no a plane, no, it's Mighty Mouse!   It's a bird, no a plane, no, it's Mighty Mouse! EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 6:03 pm

Entering Professor Smith's office, the Ravenclaw cleared his throat and the man looked up. Smiling he gestured for Peter to take come further in the room. Stepping completely inside as the professor stood, Peter explained why he was there.

"Professor, I was was wondering if you could teach me the Wingardium Leviosa Charm? I was under the weather when you taught it..."

Hoping the man would say yes, Peter watched him to see if he'd miscalculated on the man's good nature or at least what he'd seen of it during classes. Seeing Professor Smith nod and say, "Of course. I'm glad you're taking this opportunity to catch up to your yearmates."

Smiling the man walked around his desk and leaned against it. "Is what makes us Ravenclaws, yeah?"

Nodding in relief and surprise, Peter returned his smile hesitantly. Taking out his wand when instructed he watched the man's movements as he showed him what to do. Raising his wand he practiced the movement with out the words like he was told. 'Swish and flick. Swish and flick.'

"Imagine you have a whip in your hand and you're flicking it out."

Shutting his eyes, Peter pictured that and smiled seeing as it actually helped him. "Thank you, professor."

Nodding, the professor then had him practice the wording to his satisfaction. "All right. Ready to try it now?"

"Yes, please."

Picking up the quill he'd been using when Peter walked in, he set it on the desk. "Levitate that then we'll move on non stationary targets."

"Non stationary?" Curious about that, Peter was determined to master this Charm. The man nodded with a knowing grin and pointed at the quill. Getting the hint, the boy concentrated on the quill.

"Wingardium Leviosa," he stated snapping his wrist and stared with a frown when the feather didn't so much as twitch. Not letting that get to him, he tried again, and again. On his third attempt the quill quivered and gave a jump.

Smiling in his small bout of success, he turned to his professor who gave him an encouraging smile. "Go on, you've almost got it."

Turning back to the quill he licked his lips and tried again. "Wingardium Leviosa!" He nearly crowed, but got control of it as the quill rose obediently into the air. Turning proudly at his professor he gestured at the quill. "I did it!"

"That you did. Now," the man smiled and pointed his wand at Peter. "Time for something a bit more difficult."

The boy's eyes widened wondering what his professor was going to do and let out a sound of surprise when Professor Smith used the summoning charm. "Ralph!"

Catching the mouse and petting it Professor Smith stroked the white mouse's head. "I think this is ample motivation, wouldn't you say?"

Setting Ralph on the desk he, he moved away and gestured. "Moving things are much harder to levitate, but I'm sure you can do it."

"It's not going to harm him is it?"

Picking up the mouse and looking at it closely, Professor Smith asked, "Do you get air sick, Ralph? No? That's good."

Setting the mouse down on the desk, he looked up at Peter. "I think that leaves you in the clear, Mr. Wiggin."

Swallowing, Peter nodded. If the man said it wouldn't hurt his pet... Taking a breath he pointed his wand at Ralph and tried the same as he had with the quill. As his professor said, it was rather difficult. Especially since Ralph didn't want to stay still. The mouse's nose was working on overtimes twitching as he explored the desk.

"Stay still, Ralph!" Peter was up for the challenge but it was rather frustrating. It was a good thing he liked challenges. "Wingardium Leviosa!"

Peter lucked out that Ralph had paused to sniff at something and he managed to levitate the mouse a few inches. Not counting on the fact that Ralph could actually move, his grip on the spell being new, his hold was rather tenuous at best. Luckily, Professor smith used a cushioning charm to keep Ralph from hitting the desk. Breathing in relief he thanked the man.

They kept at it until Peter was able to levitate Ralph and keep the mouse in the air. Clapping Peter on the back, Professor Smith smiled proudly at him. Smiling back, the boy cradled his mouse, feeling really worn out and tired from expanding that much magic in one go.

((OOC: Dialogue had been approved by Professor Smith and given GM rights for it as well))
Back to top Go down
Wizard God
Administrator
Wizard God

It's a bird, no a plane, no, it's Mighty Mouse! Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's a bird, no a plane, no, it's Mighty Mouse!   It's a bird, no a plane, no, it's Mighty Mouse! EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 3:40 am

You have done well, Peter. Wizard God approves this story and deems you worthy of spell-casting- thereby granting you use of the Wingardium Leviosa spell. Congratulations.

This thread will be locked and 10 galleons will be added to your account for a job well done.

You may learn a new spell on the 15th of March.
Back to top Go down
https://hogwartsnovitas.rpg-board.net

It's a bird, no a plane, no, it's Mighty Mouse!
Page 1 of 1