Hogwarts Novitas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In a realm of magic, anything is possible.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Novitas! Please read all of the information in the "Starting Out" forum. Hogwarts is now OPEN. Diagon Alley/Hogsmeade will remain open for a week. Happy posting.  - Wizard God

Sun Basking

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Sun Basking Empty
PostSubject: Sun Basking   Sun Basking EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 12:35 am

Sami took in a deep breath of fresh air, as she stepped outside. The weather was surprisingly lovely that spring, and she had decided to go out and enjoy it while it lasted. After all, she might not get that time in a month or so as the end-of-the-year exams quickly approached. Afternoons like this one were a blessing, and she saw no point in simply sitting inside, practicing for her play. Any free time that she could get was welcomed with open arms. The sun glistened, lighting up her face and eyes as she took a seat on a boulder near the Lake. She shaded her eyes in an attempt to take in all that spring beauty, basking in the warm, glowing sun. I really miss doing this, she thought sighing. I never fully realized how amazing it really is. She yawned and layed back, soaking up as much sunlight as humanely possible. As she layed there, she remembered how much fun she had in first year just coming to the Lake and taking a small nap. She closed her eyes and thought of how nice it would be to get a good, long naaa......

Footsteps approaching her woke the girl up. She yawned and then sighed, prepared to have some seventh year come along and tell her that this was where all the couples came to snog.
Back to top Go down
Paul Richards
First Year
Paul Richards

Sun Basking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sun Basking   Sun Basking EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 12:48 am

Paul was slightly excited to be at Hogwarts, he had to admit. It was only slightly because, after all, it was school, and school was definitely something he could do without.

He'd decided to go for a little walk, seeing how he hadn't gotten to stretch out his legs for a very long time. He hadn't expected to see this however: there was a girl, asleep, just lying on the grass. She's kind of pretty, I guess...

He walked further and further, getting closer to her with every step he took. He took an abrupt stop when she woke up. "Er, hello there. Didn't mean to wake you up."
Back to top Go down

Sun Basking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sun Basking   Sun Basking EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 1:17 am

Sami sighed as the footsteps got closer, and sat up. "It's alright. I was bound ta wake up soon, anyways," she shrugged it off. After all, he had done nothing to her personally, so there was no point in getting angry and snapping at him. She yawned and rubbed her eyes, hoping to catch a glimpse of her "awakener" before he left. He had light blonde hair that rested right above his right eye. His brown eyes and smile could make a girl melt in a few years if he kept it that way. "I'm Sami."

"I don't recall eva' meeting you," she frowned, a tad surprised. She swore he looked a bit familiar, but couldn't recall where she could've seen him. "Are ye a second year?" It would explain how she hadn't seen him at all last year, after all, she was pretty isolated second year. He couldn't possibly be a first year, Sami thought.

Back to top Go down
Paul Richards
First Year
Paul Richards

Sun Basking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sun Basking   Sun Basking EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 1:31 am

Paul caught a heavy accent in the girl's voice. What kind was it? Irish? Scottish? "I'm Sami."

He smirked at her a bit before saying, "Sami, huh? That's a nice name. I'm Paul." He offered her a hand to help her up off the grass. "Yeah...I'm a second-" He stopped in the middle of his sentence, reasoning with himself that lying probably wouldn't end very well. "Actually, I'm a first year. Now, what's a pretty girl like you doing out here all alone?" He was pretty eager to know, but kind of hoped he wouldn't creep her out or anything. That would be very bad, no matter how...er, flirty, he got.
Back to top Go down

Sun Basking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sun Basking   Sun Basking EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 1:54 am

Sami had to giggle at Paul, not because she was making fun of him or anything, but because he was so cute. In a good way of course. She graciously accepted his hand and slowly stood up, "Flattery will get you everywhere in life." She winked at the boy of only eleven years old. She couldn't believe it when he said he was a first year, still not believing him. She was so sure he was older. Oh well, she shrugged. It's not like I'm planning on stealing him and unspeakable things to him.

She blushed at her thought, and turned her gaze downward, blushing even more when he called her 'pretty'. Nobody had really called her pretty before, and she liked him for it, firstie or not. "Just enoyin' the beautiful day. Nowhere ta be, really." She hoped Paul wouldn't leave her, he was the only company she had all day, aside from a teary-eyes Terry. She silently morned the loss of her pet iguana.
Back to top Go down
Paul Richards
First Year
Paul Richards

Sun Basking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sun Basking   Sun Basking EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 2:11 am

Sami winked at Paul as she said that flattery would get him everywhere. "That's good to know. Now I know what to do if I want to get a better mark on my assignments," he joked. The girl blushed and he smirked more than he had before.

"Yes, you're pretty, if that's what you're blushing about. She said she had nowhere to be. Hm... That can't be right.

"You're here. You're talking to me. So there, you officially have somewhere to be." THe day was beautiful, he assumed, if you liked that kind of thing.
Back to top Go down

Sun Basking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sun Basking   Sun Basking EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 12:56 am

Sami rolled her eyes at the boys consistent smirking. If I didn't know better, I'd say he was a Slytherin... She knew he was a Gryffindor by the tie on his shirt, but at this point didn't care. Misery loves company, as they say. "It dinnae always work that way, you know," she ruffled Pauls hair, knowing it would annoy him, and began walking again. The day was just as lovely as it was about an hour ago, the amount of time she assumed she napped. A walk could do her justice, considering the amount of food she had stuffed in the night before.

She giggled as she remembered his name, again. Paul, she thought smiling. Like Paul McCartney. The girl stopped in her tracks, "Say, have you ever heard of Paul McCartney?" She asked, for the sake of asking. Shaking her head, she began walking again, towards nowhere.
Back to top Go down
Paul Richards
First Year
Paul Richards

Sun Basking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sun Basking   Sun Basking EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 1:10 am

Paul screwed up his face as Sami ruffled his hair. "Hey, I spent a long time getting my hair this way you know." He was only sort of joking. It took a lot of practice to get it so perfect...not that he needed it.

The girl walked away and it took a second for Paul to compute what just happened. "Hey! Wait up!" he called, running to catch up with her. She stopped suddenly and the boy almost slipped and crashed into her. That would've been a mess.

"Paul McCartney? Nope, never heard of him. Who is he? Is he as good looking as I- where are you going?" Sami started walking again. "Come on! I'm not done bragging about my charm and looks!"
Back to top Go down

Sun Basking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sun Basking   Sun Basking EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 1:41 am

Sami smiled at the inquistive firstie and didn't stop walking. He'd make a good-annoying- Ravenclaw. He was very charming too, but he'd need a bit of work on his tact. She turned around and smirked as he almost slipped and crashed, "You're alright, Paul. For a Gryffindor. Now, why don't you go and find some kids your own age? There are plenty of students to choose from."

It wasn't that she wanted him gone, she just wanted him to find kids his own age. If you don't make friends by the end of the first month, you'll have no one to go to, as the cliques had already formed by then. "Maybe I'll see you around, McCartney." The Irish girl waved to him from her spot, and, with a sigh, Sami began walking back to the Ravenclaw commons. Boy, do I have a story to tell Ri...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sun Basking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sun Basking   Sun Basking Empty

Back to top Go down

Sun Basking
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hogwarts Novitas :: Archived Posts :: February 2011-
Jump to: