Hogwarts Novitas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In a realm of magic, anything is possible.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Novitas! Please read all of the information in the "Starting Out" forum. Hogwarts is now OPEN. Diagon Alley/Hogsmeade will remain open for a week. Happy posting.  - Wizard God

It's not summer until you have ice cream

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Brianna Carter
Fourth Year
Brianna Carter

It's not summer until you have ice cream Empty
PostSubject: It's not summer until you have ice cream   It's not summer until you have ice cream EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 7:39 am

Bri took her ice cream from the man working the shop with a bright smile on her face. Ice cream was easily her favorite thing about summer, and for her, the season didn't even start until she'd had her first one. Today she'd decided to keep it simple, opting for chocolate rather than one of the more eccentric flavors.

She took a seat in one of the small booths on the side of the shop, ready to send herself into a sugar coma. She tried to think of things she needed to get while she was in Diagon Alley, but it was quickly forgotten when she heard someone approach her.

Last edited by Brianna Carter on Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anthony McGuire
Fourth Year
Anthony McGuire

PostSubject: Re: It's not summer until you have ice cream   It's not summer until you have ice cream EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 7:55 am

Being in Diagon Alley wasn't quite as fun as it was last year, being fresh as it was, but Andy still was enjoying himself. He had spent the afternoon with James, practically drooling over the Firebolt but his parents dragged him away early, leaving the Ravenclaw to his own devices.

Andy ambled down the street, looking in the windows of shops that weren't nearly as much fun without James' commentary but he still kept himself amused for half an hour or so. Feeling hungry all of a sudden, Andy decided that he'd stop for a ice-cream from Master Fortescue. He ordered a Mint-Chocolate chip in a cone and turned around, immediately spotting a familiar face.

Walking over to her table, Andy grinned. "Heya Bri. Too great minds think alike, it seems," he gestured to her ice-cream and his. "Mind if I join you?"
Back to top Go down
Brianna Carter
Fourth Year
Brianna Carter

PostSubject: Re: It's not summer until you have ice cream   It's not summer until you have ice cream EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 8:23 am

Bri looked up when she heard a familiar voice greet her. "Hey Andy, not at all, have a seat," she smiled. She hadn't seen him since they'd gotten out of school; he hadn't changed a bit, not that she'd expected him to.

She brushed her hair out of her face and licked a drip of her ice cream that was threatening to drop onto the table. "What have you been up to?" she asked, meaning both that day and since they'd left Hogwarts in general.
Back to top Go down
Anthony McGuire
Fourth Year
Anthony McGuire

PostSubject: Re: It's not summer until you have ice cream   It's not summer until you have ice cream EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 8:46 am

Andy sat down in the booth next to Bri and smiled back. He really didn't expect to see anyone else from Hogwarts yet, as it was still rather early into their Summer holidays, but seeing Bri was a nice surprise.

"Not a great deal. James and I met up this morning but he had to leave, so here I am. Apart from that, Holidays have been rather boring." Andy took a bite of ice-cream, grimacing as the cold hit his front teeth. He never was a licker of ice-cream; it just seemed too time consuming.

"And you?" he asked mid chew.
Back to top Go down
Brianna Carter
Fourth Year
Brianna Carter

PostSubject: Re: It's not summer until you have ice cream   It's not summer until you have ice cream EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 9:02 am

Bri shrugged. "Nothing to report," she said. She hadn't done much of anything besides sit around her house and read. She was supposed to go see her cousin, but she kept putting it off. There was always something more convenient that she could be doing.

She watched him bite his ice cream and wondered how he could stand it. The only way you could really savor the taste of ice cream was to lick it. Everyone knew that. "You know, you're eating your ice cream wrong," she said matter of factly, though she was mostly teasing him.
Back to top Go down
Anthony McGuire
Fourth Year
Anthony McGuire

PostSubject: Re: It's not summer until you have ice cream   It's not summer until you have ice cream EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 9:10 am

Andy raised an eyebrow. "Wrong?" he reiterated, shaking his head, as one would when a child was so obviously mislead . "Oh no, Miss Carter. It is you who is eating it wrong!" He took another bite over enthusiastically to prove a point, making a face again when the ice-cream touched the roof of his mouth.

"Mmm... Brain freeze!" he said cheerfully whilst his head pounded.
Back to top Go down
Brianna Carter
Fourth Year
Brianna Carter

PostSubject: Re: It's not summer until you have ice cream   It's not summer until you have ice cream EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 9:18 am

A triumphant smirk spread across Bri's face as she was, in her mind, proven correct by Andy's brain freeze. "Serves you right, Mr. McGuire," she resisted the urge to stick her tongue out at him, instead opting to take a few slow licks of her own ice cream.

"Mmm... No brain freeze!" she mocked playfully.
Back to top Go down
Anthony McGuire
Fourth Year
Anthony McGuire

PostSubject: Re: It's not summer until you have ice cream   It's not summer until you have ice cream EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 10:06 am

"Yeah yeah," he muttered in mock disappointment, poking his tongue out at the girl. "I just feel like a damn cat licking like that, so I'll put up with the brain freeze, if it's all the same to you." Andy grinned and rolled his eyes as Bri continued to lick her ice-cream slowly, just to tease him.

"Looking forward to going back to school?" he asked her, to change the subject.
Back to top Go down
Brianna Carter
Fourth Year
Brianna Carter

PostSubject: Re: It's not summer until you have ice cream   It's not summer until you have ice cream EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 2:38 am

Bri poked her tongue out back in a display of mutual immaturity. "Well, la di da," she said mockingly, enjoying their playful banter. "I happen to think that cats are cool."

She shrugged at his question. "It'll be nice to go back but I always miss my family when I'm away," she said. "What about you?"

(P.S. I like your new sig! Very Happy)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's not summer until you have ice cream   It's not summer until you have ice cream Empty

Back to top Go down

It's not summer until you have ice cream
Page 1 of 1