Hogwarts Novitas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In a realm of magic, anything is possible.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Novitas! Please read all of the information in the "Starting Out" forum. Hogwarts is now OPEN. Diagon Alley/Hogsmeade will remain open for a week. Happy posting.  - Wizard God

Ollivanders (Place Orders Here)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Wizard God
Administrator
Wizard God

Ollivanders (Place Orders Here) Empty
PostSubject: Ollivanders (Place Orders Here)   Ollivanders (Place Orders Here) EmptyWed Dec 22, 2010 3:04 pm

Wands are free, however their composition must be specifically tailored to the user. (Have a look at the Product List to see which wood and core suit your character best, select a length, and then place your order.)
Back to top Go down
https://hogwartsnovitas.rpg-board.net
Emilia Jackson
Second Year
Emilia Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Ollivanders (Place Orders Here)   Ollivanders (Place Orders Here) EmptySun May 01, 2011 1:16 pm

Emily walked hesitantly into Ollivander’s shop. She’d heard a lot about the old man; most kind, but a little wacky. As she entered, she heard a soft, hoarse voice say, “Welcome, Cassandra Jackson. I wondered when I’d be meeting you.”
Emily started violently. Who was speaking, and who besides herself and a very few others knew her real first name?
“Uh – hello,” she stammered. “Wh-who said that?”
“I did,” said the voice, and Ollivander himself stepped out from behind a shelf. He proceeded to take measurements of Emily’s arm and shoulder lengths. And sure enough, after a few explosions and several burns, Emily had procured herself a nine-inch-long wand of birch with a phoenix-feather core.
“Take good care of it, dear,” warned Ollivander. “Wands can do a lot, you know.”
“Oh, I will, sir,” Emily assured him. “Thank you very much for the wand.”
“No problem at all,” Ollivander replied, opening the door for her.
As Emily left the shop, she wondered why she had ever thought the kind old man crazy. Rumours… she scoffed to herself.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2206590/JedediahForeverMD
Zara Lestrange
First Year
Zara Lestrange

PostSubject: Re: Ollivanders (Place Orders Here)   Ollivanders (Place Orders Here) EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 2:40 pm

“Uncle Rabastan, I can do this myself,” Zara said exasperatedly. “Just wait outside, would you?”
She stepped into the dingy shop, scowling as she did so. “Hello?” she called, rather impatiently, wanting to get it over with.
“Hello,” answered a calm and quiet voice. It was Ollivander.
Zara started, but quickly recovered. “I’d like to purchase a wand, please, sir,” she said confidently and in what she hoped was a fairly polite tone.
“Well, then, let’s crack on,” Ollivander said, rubbing his hands together.
And sure enough, after about five minutes and much banging and shouting, Zara had found herself a twelve-and-three-quarter-inch-long wand of willow with a dragon-heartstring core.
“Unyielding,” Ollivander told Zara, smiling. “Your mother’s was the exact same way.”
Zara thanked the strange old man and left the shop, thinking hard about what he had said. I will use this wand exactly as Mother did, she told herself triumphantly.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/~jedediahforevermd
Haylin Grant
First Year

PostSubject: Re: Ollivanders (Place Orders Here)   Ollivanders (Place Orders Here) EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 9:14 pm

"Um, anyone in here?" Haylin asked, looking around the small dusty shop.
"Yes." hissed a voice from the back of the room. An old man stepped forward, silver eyes glinting. He smiled, "Hello, Miss Haylin Grant. Ready for your wand, I see."
Haylin nodded. "Yes, sir, I am."
"Great," Ollivander said. He pulled a long, thin box out off a shelf. "Maybe this will suit you." he pulled a wand out the box and handed it to Haylin. "11 inches, oak wood, dragon heartstring. Go ahead, wave it."
Uncertainly, Haylin waved the wand. A burst of fire shot from the end of the wand and collapsed a whole wall of wands. "Not that one then." Ollivander said. "Try this one."
After about twenty wands, Haylin finally found one that suited her. "12 inches, willow wood, phoenix feather core. Wonderful. Unexpected, but lovely."
"Thank you!" Haylin said, taking her new wand and leaving the shop.
Back to top Go down
Nyarti Wise
First Year
Nyarti Wise

PostSubject: Re: Ollivanders (Place Orders Here)   Ollivanders (Place Orders Here) EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 11:10 pm

Nyarti was walking alone down Diagon Alley when she realised she didn't have a wand yet. She hesitantly walked into Ollivander's, and she called, "Hello?" There wasn't answer. "Hello?" she tried again. Suddenly a man stepped through a door and said, "Good day, Madam Wise. Require a wand, do you?" "Um, yes, if you please, sir," Nyarti replied politely. Mr Ollivander reached for a box and handed a wand to her. "Fourteen inches, oak, phoenix feather." Nyarti held it for awhile. "Well, give it a wave, then," Mr Ollivander instructed. Nyarti did, and a lamp near the both of them exploded. "Oh my goodness that is NOT your wand," Mr Ollivander said firmly and snatched the wand from her. After a few more wands, Mr Ollivander pronounced that a 12 inch willow wand with a thestral hair core was to be Nyarti's. He bowed her from the shop, returning her smile gaily.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ollivanders (Place Orders Here)   Ollivanders (Place Orders Here) Empty

Back to top Go down

Ollivanders (Place Orders Here)
Page 1 of 1