Hogwarts Novitas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In a realm of magic, anything is possible.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Novitas! Please read all of the information in the "Starting Out" forum. Hogwarts is now OPEN. Diagon Alley/Hogsmeade will remain open for a week. Happy posting.  - Wizard God

Start of the sunny holidays

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sophia Nott
History Of Magic Professor
Sophia Nott

Start of the sunny holidays Empty
PostSubject: Start of the sunny holidays   Start of the sunny holidays EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 3:51 pm

Sophie was enjoying the sun rays on her skin as she was walking down the Diagon Alley alone. Holidays have just started and even though she liked her students, she was glad school was out.
It was about time for lunch and the witch wasn't in the mood to cook for herself, so she made her way into the famous and loveable Leaky Cauldron.
As she suspected, the pub was filled with costumers, but it must have been her lucky day for one table just got cleared and she quickly sat down.
She was grinning, watching all the people talk amongst themselves as she waited for the waiter to take her order. After a while, a flushed waitress came over to her table.
"May I take your order?" she said grumpingly.
"Yes, please, I'd like roasted potatoes with roast beef. And a Butterbeer!" Sophie gave her order and the waitress wrote it down, then dissapeared into the crowd.
Back to top Go down
Emily Sparrow
Fourth Year
Emily Sparrow

PostSubject: Re: Start of the sunny holidays   Start of the sunny holidays EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 4:02 pm

Emily had arrived at the leaky cauldron hoping to find one of her friends before she entered diagon alley. She hoped to find one of her friends but as she looked round the crowded place she saw no one she recognised apart from professor Nott who sat be herself at a table close to where the younge girl stood. She decided she might as well get a drink while she was there. Afterall the longer she was kept away from the temptation of ice cream the better. She looked round for somewhere to sit so she could order herself a pumpkin juice. Unfortunetly for the younge girl there were no empty tables. So she countniued wandering around.
Back to top Go down
Sophia Nott
Sophia Nott

PostSubject: Re: Start of the sunny holidays   Start of the sunny holidays EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 4:05 pm

Sophie was waiting for her food to arrive and was so wasting her time by looking around, seeing if she knew anybody. She was never one to eat alone. She saw one of her students, Emily, if she remembered correctly.
Waving over to the girl, she smiled and motioned for her to sit with her. She wasn't sure whether her student would want to sit with her, but she figured it was the holidays, noone was thinking bout school now.
Back to top Go down
Emily Sparrow
Fourth Year
Emily Sparrow

PostSubject: Re: Start of the sunny holidays   Start of the sunny holidays EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 4:23 pm

Emily was considering leaving the croweded place and going for ice cream when she saw a women with red hair wave her over out f the ocrner of her eye, well at least she though it was here she was waving at. When she looked at the women she saw it was Professor Nott who was smiling and waving her over. She returned the smile as she sat down across from the women. She figured it didn't really matter if she was a professor it was summer after all.

"thank you"she said to her, she realised that she didnt have to let her sit there. Afterall the professors were probaby just as glad to get away from hogwarts and students. As the students were to get away from the work.
Back to top Go down
Sophia Nott
Sophia Nott

PostSubject: Re: Start of the sunny holidays   Start of the sunny holidays EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 5:03 pm

Sophie smiled back at the girl, hoping things wouldn't be awkward between them. She was just about to ask her how she was doing when the waitress came back, carrying Sophie's meal.
"Thanks. Would you want to eat anything, Emily?" she asked the little girl, hoping very much she remembered her name correctly, otherwise it really would be awkward.
The woman tapped her foot impatiently and Sophie rolled her eyes in her direction, suddenly very annoyed by her attitude.
"Take your time, picking out your meal is very important." Sophie said, handing Emily the menu and winking. She glanced the waitress and smiled sweetly.
Back to top Go down
Emily Sparrow
Fourth Year
Emily Sparrow

PostSubject: Re: Start of the sunny holidays   Start of the sunny holidays EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 5:17 pm

Emily grinned as she took the menu. She might alwell get something to eat while she was here, she glanced at the menu and decided quickly upon the macoronie cheese. SHe smiled swwetly at the waitress who was getting very impatient. "I'll have the macoroni cheese and a pumpkin juice please" she said to her. The waitress huffed and nodded before walking off to another table.

"how has your summer been so far professor?" she asked the women, it was afterall only polite ot make conversation.
Back to top Go down
Sophia Nott
Sophia Nott

PostSubject: Re: Start of the sunny holidays   Start of the sunny holidays EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 5:55 pm

Sophie smirked as she watched the waitress go away, happy she annoyed somebody in time for lunch. Maybe she'd pay a visit to her Uncle afterwards, just for the old time's sake. Yes, that'd actually be very nice...
"It's been allright. Been at my parents for a few days, you could say it's been okay. Could barely escape my Mum's shopping fever, though." Sophie said cheerilly while cutting up her beef.
"How have you been? And please, when we're out of school, call me Sophia or something." the witch grinned and ate a bite of her beef and roasted potatoes.
Back to top Go down
Emily Sparrow
Fourth Year
Emily Sparrow

PostSubject: Re: Start of the sunny holidays   Start of the sunny holidays EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 4:08 am

She smiled, " do you not enjoy shopping professor Nott?" she smirked a little, her blue eyes sparkling. She smiled at the red haired women when she told her to call her Sophia or something, Sophia was a nice name but she wasn't going to comment on that.
"I've been good, I haven't been that busy. That's why I though I would come into diagon alley, it's been a little boring so far, and I was hoping to meet some of my friends but i don't think any of them are around" she replied happily. Professor Nott, well sophia was really nice and she remined her of one of her friends in slytherin.
Back to top Go down
Sophia Nott
Sophia Nott

PostSubject: Re: Start of the sunny holidays   Start of the sunny holidays EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 3:33 pm

Sophie grimaced at the question and shook her head. "WizGod, no. I hate it. I simply cannot understand how some girls can spend hours in there. I only go shopping for real when other girls or my mother force me." she shuddered and took a sip of her drink. Thankfully, she wasn't planning on visiting her parents in a while, so no shopping madness for some time.
Nodding at what Emily said, she smiled at the girl.
"I'm glad to hear you haven't been busy, in holidays, nobody should be too busy. I'm sorry to hear none of your friends are around, though." Sophie wanted to add that she was stuck with the old Proff now, but knew Emily couldn't deny it and would just smile back politely. And the polite smile was the last thing she wanted to see right now.
"If you don't mind me asking, where do you live?" the witch asked.
Back to top Go down
Emily Sparrow
Fourth Year
Emily Sparrow

PostSubject: Re: Start of the sunny holidays   Start of the sunny holidays EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 6:10 am

She smiled at what sophia said she wasn't a huge fan of shopping herself. "i'm sure i'll find a friend soon enough, or someone new, whichever should happen first" she smiled. "I live close to London, I think, i'm not actually that sure" she smiled. She didn't leave the house much there, only a few tmes when she did she stayed close by. She prefer to journey to digon alley by floo powder.

She nooded polietly to to the waitress when she came back and placed the food infornt of her beofore scurrying off again, she figured the women probably didn't like ehr and profesor nott much, considering how impatient she had been earlier.
Back to top Go down
Sophia Nott
Sophia Nott

PostSubject: Re: Start of the sunny holidays   Start of the sunny holidays EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 2:40 pm

"Oh, that's nice!" Sophie grinned upon hearing where Emily lived. "I've lived in Manchester all my life and didn't get to visit London much, I bet you come here quite often" she said and then ate some of her potatoes.

The waitress sure was grumpy, but food in this place was very delicious. She'd go ask for the recipe and make it at herself, but the problem was, she was never much of a cook, so the potatoes and the beef would probably be all black and tasted like coal. And, the cook probably wouldn't just give her the recipe. So Sophie was left with only one option, come here and spend her money. But since the food was a total 10, it was worth it.

The witch turned to the young girl, smiling. "How's your food? If she spit in there, I'll set my snake on her!" she smirked. She was only kidding, but you never knew what the grumpy waitress would do.
Back to top Go down
Emily Sparrow
Fourth Year
Emily Sparrow

PostSubject: Re: Start of the sunny holidays   Start of the sunny holidays EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 9:00 am

She smiled back as she ate her food happily, "yeah I do come quite a lot it's easy to get here and it's still close by" she said. The food was nice, she loved the food here. It was amazing. She tucked a strand of her long wavy hair behin her ear so it didn't go into her food or anything. She grinned at what the red haired women said. "it's was nice i don't think she did but you never know." She realised Sophia had been kidding about setting her snake on the waitres, but she had a ver funny picture in her mind of that.

"you have a snake?" she asked smiling, she liked snakes. SHe knew some people didn't but they didn't bother her at all. SHe wondered what house sophia had been in, if she had a snake her first guess would be a slytherin, but seeing as she was a porfessor of history of magic she also wondered about ravenclaw.
Back to top Go down
Sophia Nott
Sophia Nott

PostSubject: Re: Start of the sunny holidays   Start of the sunny holidays EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 12:33 pm

Sophie ate the last potato happily and took a sip of her butterbeer before answering Emily's question. Well, it was more of a statement than it was a question, but she felt like adding something to it.
"Indeed, you never know. I had a friend who worked in a restaurant and she actually sneezed in people's dishes if they annoyed her. I don't know why I hanged out with her...But then again, those Italians are capable of just anything..." the witch grinned. She didn't really know why she was telling this to the child, but she just did.

Nodding enthusiastically, Sophie grinned widely and reached into her shoulder bag. Few moments later, an orange snake climbed onto her arm and then settled on her shoulders.
"This is Laurie. Laurie, this is Emily. He's quite old, actually, I got him when I was starting Hogwarts...He's a surviver, he is. Do you have any pets?" the redhead asked her student.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Start of the sunny holidays   Start of the sunny holidays Empty

Back to top Go down

Start of the sunny holidays
Page 1 of 1