Hogwarts Novitas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In a realm of magic, anything is possible.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Novitas! Please read all of the information in the "Starting Out" forum. Hogwarts is now OPEN. Diagon Alley/Hogsmeade will remain open for a week. Happy posting.  - Wizard God

Afternoon Snack

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Hunter Montgomery
First Year
Hunter Montgomery

Afternoon Snack Empty
PostSubject: Afternoon Snack   Afternoon Snack EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 11:51 am

On a warm day like today, why wouldn't ice cream not be a good idea? Hunter couldn't think of a single reason, which was the exact reason why he found himself striding along the slightly unfamiliar route toward Florean Fortescue's. Already, the images of all the different kinds of ice cream were playing like a slideshow in his mind. He couldn't help but grin in delight as he noticed the sign hanging not too far off in the distance. Nice way to start off his afternoon. An even better way would be to meet someone new, but that would come all in good time he supposed.

Pushing open the door and letting himself in, he let his eyes eagerly settle on all the different sorts of flavor choices in front of him. After a while he finally settled on mint chocolate chip, but he got three scoops in a bowl instead of in a cone. He just wasn't in a cone sort of mood today. Thanking the shopkeeper once he'd recieved his ice cream, he turned around rather quickly and ended up colliding with whoever was behind him. Blinking in surprise, his eyes shot to the face of his victim. "Oh, geez.. I'm sorry."
Back to top Go down
Emily Sparrow
Fourth Year
Emily Sparrow

Afternoon Snack Empty
PostSubject: Re: Afternoon Snack   Afternoon Snack EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 12:00 pm

It was a warm day perfct for ice cream. Not that tht afected Emily she would eat ice cream in winter. She had come into diagon alley to see if she could see any of her friends but she was yet to find any of them. She walked in to the ice cream shop behind a boy she didn't recognise. She was waiting behind him lost in her own world when someone banged into her. She blinked as she realised it was the boy who had been in front of her.

"oh geez.. I'm sorry" he said. She smiled at him "its fine, I'm Emily" she decided it was only polite to introduce herself. She then got her own ice cream, payed and thanked the man before turning back to the boy.
"you want to join me?" she asked him before heading over to a tabel.
Back to top Go down
Hunter Montgomery
First Year
Hunter Montgomery

Afternoon Snack Empty
PostSubject: Re: Afternoon Snack   Afternoon Snack EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 12:04 pm

Hunter picked up on the girl's smile almost immediately, and upon realizing that she didn't seem to mind the fact he'd rudely bumped into her, he offered her a smile in return. "I'm Hunter." He replied with a small nod, but stepped to the side as she moved forward in the line to get her own ice cream.

He took a bite of his own before it began to melt, and was just about to head outside when he head the girl from before addressing him again. Turning his brown eyes over to her, he considered her invitation for a moment before grinning with a nod. "Sure." He replied in his friendly way, following her over to the table she'd chosen and sitting opposite of her.
Back to top Go down
Emily Sparrow
Fourth Year
Emily Sparrow

Afternoon Snack Empty
PostSubject: Re: Afternoon Snack   Afternoon Snack EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 12:15 pm

She sat down at a table and smiled at Hunter, "it's nice to meet you even if it was because you banged into me" she grinned, she didn't really mind and couldn't really say anything considering she had fallen and tripped into a few people already that day. She could be clumsy at times. She hoped that her comment didn't come across as rude.

"so are you starting hogwarts this year? I haven't seen you around" she asked him before taking a bit of her own ice cream before it began melting.
Back to top Go down
Hunter Montgomery
First Year
Hunter Montgomery

Afternoon Snack Empty
PostSubject: Re: Afternoon Snack   Afternoon Snack EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 12:36 pm

Hunter felt himself smiling in response when he noticed her friendly demeanor, chuckling in response to her words. "Nice to meet you too. And yeah.. sorry about that. Sometimes I just don't pay attention." He replied sheepishly, not taking any offence in the least to her words. He was never easily offended, something that he knew would come in handy over the years.

Taking another bite of his ice cream, he nodded to her question. "Yeah, I am. I'm actually just getting used to finding my way around." He admitted, letting his brown eyes glance up into her face so that he could get a good look at her. "My cousin Landon already started here a while back though." He offered, wondering if she perhaps knew him.
Back to top Go down
Emily Sparrow
Fourth Year
Emily Sparrow

Afternoon Snack Empty
PostSubject: Re: Afternoon Snack   Afternoon Snack EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 12:50 pm

Emly nodded at his response. "yeah I think i've heard of Landon, i don't think i've met him. But i coul be wrong so many names and faces" she smiled, there was far too many people, to be able to know exactly who there were. She couldn't remember a lot of peoples names. Her memory for those things wasn't the best. She could feel his gaze on her face for a moment and she ran a hand through her wavy brown hair.

"so any idea's which house you want to be in?" she asked him. She took a bit of her ice cream, before looking at him with her ligth blue eyes.

Back to top Go down
Hunter Montgomery
First Year
Hunter Montgomery

Afternoon Snack Empty
PostSubject: Re: Afternoon Snack   Afternoon Snack EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 12:55 pm

Hunter nodded in return when she said that she thought she'd heard of Landon. "I understand. You're actually the first person I've met." He said with a small half-smile in her direction. He knew he wouldn't forget about her either, even if this was the only moment they spoke. Why? Because he had an amazing sense of memory. Give him a name and being able to place it with a face no matter what, a piece of cake. He realized other people weren't as lucky as him when it came to that though.

"I'd like to be in Gryffindor." He replied to her question, meeting her light brown eyes easily with his own brown ones. He wasn't shy, and he was rather friendly. "What house are you in?" He asked, taking another bite of his everlasting ice cream.
Back to top Go down
Emily Sparrow
Fourth Year
Emily Sparrow

Afternoon Snack Empty
PostSubject: Re: Afternoon Snack   Afternoon Snack EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 1:06 pm

She nodded as he spoke, taking a another bit of her own ice cream. " a very good choice" she grinned.
"I'm a gryffindor, couldn't imagine my self anywhere else" she said, gryffindor was definetly the best place for her. The people there were awesome too. Though she couldn't say she had met than many people that weren't gryffindors.
She didn't shy away when he met her eyes, afterall she was a gryffindor.
Back to top Go down
Hunter Montgomery
First Year
Hunter Montgomery

Afternoon Snack Empty
PostSubject: Re: Afternoon Snack   Afternoon Snack EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 1:17 pm

Hunter felt his brow inching upward into the depths of his hair slightly when she said that wanting to be in Gryffindor was a good choice. After a moment he understood why though, and he grinned. "Glad to meet someone who might be in my future house then." He said with a small laugh. "What year are you in?" He added casually. He was fairly certain that the girl was older then him, not that he minded. Just something to ask in order to keep the conversation going.

Holding onto her gaze with ease, he waited for her answer. Now that he thought about it, she did display obvious traits that pointed toward her being a Gryffindor. He wondered what house she would have guessed he wanted if he hadn't already told her.
Back to top Go down
Emily Sparrow
Fourth Year
Emily Sparrow

Afternoon Snack Empty
PostSubject: Re: Afternoon Snack   Afternoon Snack EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 1:51 pm

"I'm sure you'll be a gryffindor you seem like one" she smiled. But then again you couldn't really tell, afetrall she knew a girl in slytherin and she wasn't like a lot of the others, but Hunter defeintly seemend like a gryffindor to her.

"I just finished first year, i'll be in second year when I go back in september." she said to him. Eating the last bite of her ice cream. She checked the time and saw she had a while before she told her aunt had told her to be back for.

"i'm gonna go get another ice cream, i love ice crema" she added the last part alughing at herself. "do you want anything?" she asked him.
Back to top Go down
Hunter Montgomery
First Year
Hunter Montgomery

Afternoon Snack Empty
PostSubject: Re: Afternoon Snack   Afternoon Snack EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 2:22 pm

Hunter felt himself sitting a bit higher in his chair, clearly pleased with what she was saying. "Well, thanks.. I think." He said, providing her with a grin as he spoke. Hearing that she was only a year older then him caused him to shrug. "Oh, lucky. I'm still in first year.." He admitted with a somewhat disappointed look on his face. He finished off the rest of his ice cream and sighed. He hadn't even realized it was almost all gone.

He looked up at her when she said she was going to get more ice cream. "I love it too." He said with a smirk, getting up from his seat with her. "Yeah, I'll come with you to get it." He said easily, giving her a soft smile as he waited for her to be ready before moving toward the counter once again.
Back to top Go down
Emily Sparrow
Fourth Year
Emily Sparrow

Afternoon Snack Empty
PostSubject: Re: Afternoon Snack   Afternoon Snack EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 3:14 pm

She smiled back "ice cream and cheescake, you need to bribe me for something either of those will work" she laughed as he got up.

She walked over the counter, knowing he would follow. She got herself strawberry ice cream, it was a personal favourite. She walked back to the table, waiting for Hunter to come back. He seemend like a nice guy. She began eating the ice cream as she watched people pass by the shop.

Back to top Go down
Hunter Montgomery
First Year
Hunter Montgomery

Afternoon Snack Empty
PostSubject: Re: Afternoon Snack   Afternoon Snack EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 11:53 pm

Hunter felt his head tilting to the side when he heard Emily's words. "Really? Same here!" He said, a bit surprised by the coincidence. But he was soon shrugging it off like it was nothing. "I'll keep that in mind." He added with a chuckle when she mentioned the bribing part. Sounded easy enough if he were to ever need it.

He followed her over to the counter, waiting until she ordered her ice cream. Strawberry was always good, but this time he opted for simple chocolate. Once he got his order he went back over to the table he'd been sitting at with her before, taking his seat again across from her. She was rather nice so far, and he didn't mind talking to her. She was a good first friend to make.

Taking a bite of his new ice cream, he debated on what they could talk about next. "So.. you like it here?" He was running low on ideas.
Back to top Go down
Emily Sparrow
Fourth Year
Emily Sparrow

Afternoon Snack Empty
PostSubject: Re: Afternoon Snack   Afternoon Snack EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 4:01 am

Emily smiled a little at him as he sat down across from her again.

"here?" she asked. "twhat do you mean bty here?" she replied. Unsure if he was refering to the ice cream shop, diagon alley or the wizarding world in geeral.

"well I love right here because of the ice cream obviously, diagon alley because it's just amazing and I still find it quite over whemling. I had never been here before my first year at hogwarts, my parents are" she stopped for a second "a little odd." She took a bit of her own ice cream.

"I guess you like it here to" she asked him.

Back to top Go down
Hunter Montgomery
First Year
Hunter Montgomery

Afternoon Snack Empty
PostSubject: Re: Afternoon Snack   Afternoon Snack EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 5:17 pm

Hunter hadn't realized that he probably should have explained himself a little better, but she seemed to take it upon herself to answer his question in detail before he could explain. He felt slightly bad about not being more specific, but he gave her a slight smile when he heard her opinion on a few different places. "I was referring to the school, but all that's cool too." He said with a chuckle.

He noticed her pause when mentioning her parents, but it wasn't his place to question it so he didn't. "All parent's are a little.. different in their own ways." He reasoned as he scooped another spoonful of ice cream into his mouth. "It's alright so far, I guess." He replied with a shrug.
Back to top Go down
Emily Sparrow
Fourth Year
Emily Sparrow

Afternoon Snack Empty
PostSubject: Re: Afternoon Snack   Afternoon Snack EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 3:50 am

Emily grinned at what he actually wanted her to answer, she had taken it upon herself to answer without thinking she was just amazed she had managed to shut herself up. "ah the school, it's awesome there too. No matter what anyone tells you it'll be better than you epext." she said to him smiling.

Emily nodded slightly at his anwer, that was a topic on conversation she didn't enjoy much. She didn't like her parents at all and the last she had heard from them was when they wanted to know what house she was in. She wasn't the perfect pureblood child they had been expecting. She was happy now with her aunt and she would rather not think aboutthe past.
Back to top Go down
Hunter Montgomery
First Year
Hunter Montgomery

Afternoon Snack Empty
PostSubject: Re: Afternoon Snack   Afternoon Snack EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 4:39 pm

Hunter found himself grinning back, it was hard not to being around someone like her. She always seemed to be smiling or in a genuinely good mood. He decided not to think about it all too much as he shrugged, nodding when she answered him once more. "I'll take your word for it." He said with a small grin.

It didn't take him long to figure out that her family mustn't have been a topic of conversation she enjoyed very much. Even at his age, he wasn't completely clueless when it came to the hints girls gave off. So thinking quick, he decided to veer off onto another subject completely. "So.. what classes are you taking?" Hey, best he could come up with on such short notice.
Back to top Go down
Emily Sparrow
Fourth Year
Emily Sparrow

Afternoon Snack Empty
PostSubject: Re: Afternoon Snack   Afternoon Snack EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 6:15 am

Emily smiled a little at Hunter greatful he had avoided the topic of conversation, the more she spoke with him the more she though him like a gryffindor. She bit her lip trying to remeber, it was a bad nahit when she was thinking or curious. "i think i'm taking care of magical creatures, herbology, charms, defense against the dark arts, history of magic and transfiguration" she relied.

"have you bought you school stuff yet? any idea's what classes your going to take?" she asked him.
Back to top Go down
Hunter Montgomery
First Year
Hunter Montgomery

Afternoon Snack Empty
PostSubject: Re: Afternoon Snack   Afternoon Snack EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 12:12 pm

Hunter listened as she rattled off the number of classes she were taking, and for a moment it made him feel like a slacker for not having chosen to take more classes. His shoulders rose and fell in a small shrug, and he gave her a sheepish sort of grin.

"I've bought most of it, actually.. and I was only planning on taking Charms and Care of Magical Creatures.." He said with a chuckle. "Maybe I'll change my mind and take more once the school year gets closer." He reasoned, taking another bite of his ice cream.
Back to top Go down
Emily Sparrow
Fourth Year
Emily Sparrow

Afternoon Snack Empty
PostSubject: Re: Afternoon Snack   Afternoon Snack EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 9:06 am

SHe smiled back at him "care of magical creatures is awesome and charms is good too. I only took so many because when i was in frist year I wnated to learn a lot of things. If your looking for other classes transfgiuration and herbology are both good" she said to him. She took the last bite of her ice cream and checked the time. IT was getting later and she said she would be home soon. She wanted to do some shopping before returning home so she decided she should porbably leave.

"well I should porbably be going, I want to get some shopping done before I have to go home" she said to him.
Back to top Go down
Hunter Montgomery
First Year
Hunter Montgomery

Afternoon Snack Empty
PostSubject: Re: Afternoon Snack   Afternoon Snack EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 12:35 am

Hunter felt himself nodding when she spoke highly of the two classes he'd decided to take, deciding her explanation did of course make sense. Everyone was different, he decided. And she'd just had more ambition then he did during her first year. He wasn't really bothered by it. Finishing off the lasts of his second ice cream, he noticed her checking the time and offhandedly sighed. Was he boring her? Pushing the bowl away, he gave a slight nod to her words.

"Alright.. well. It was nice meeting you." He mused, but then decided hey, why not? "Wanna hang out again sometime?" The worst she could do was say no.
Back to top Go down
Emily Sparrow
Fourth Year
Emily Sparrow

Afternoon Snack Empty
PostSubject: Re: Afternoon Snack   Afternoon Snack EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 8:40 pm

She smiled at him she hoepd he didn't think that he was anoyying her or anything, but she really did have to get going. "It was nice to meet you too" Se girned at what he said after that, she was about to say the very same thing. "of course" she said to him, he seemend really nice and she did want to get to know him a bit better. "I guess I will see you at hogwarts then" she said to him. She nodded and smiled at him before turning on her heel and disappearing intot he crowd of people in diagon alley.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Afternoon Snack Empty
PostSubject: Re: Afternoon Snack   Afternoon Snack Empty

Back to top Go down

Afternoon Snack
Page 1 of 1