Hogwarts Novitas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In a realm of magic, anything is possible.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Novitas! Please read all of the information in the "Starting Out" forum. Hogwarts is now OPEN. Diagon Alley/Hogsmeade will remain open for a week. Happy posting.  - Wizard God

Cooling Off

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Cooling Off Empty
PostSubject: Cooling Off   Cooling Off EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 11:18 am

The common room was rather stuffie with that fire blazing and Silver just couldn't stand the heat any longer. She went up to her dormitory and put on a deep purple two piece bathing suit with black board shorts and a dark blue tank top on over it. Then she jogged happily down to the grounds, specifically the lake. She walked along the edge for a little bit and then sat down.

Silver put her feet in the water and then took off her tank top and set it next to her. As long as she was out here she might as well get a tan. She let her hair down and leaned back. There she relaxed for awhile.
Back to top Go down
Hester Alderman
Fifth Year
Hester Alderman

Cooling Off Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cooling Off   Cooling Off EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 6:28 pm

Hester could see someone sitting by the lake. She made her way cautiously down to the water's edge.

"Hey," she said quietly, wondering who they were and what house they were in. "I'm Hester. Who are you?" She was worried that she sounded rude. "It's a lovely day, isn't it," she added in an attempt to seem more friendly.
Back to top Go down
Terry Berbatov
Fourth Year
Terry Berbatov

Cooling Off Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cooling Off   Cooling Off EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 3:45 pm

Terry surfaced, gasping for air ass she shook out out her hair. she had been looking for the Squid but she had run out of air to breathe with healthily. Looking up, she smiled brightly at the two girls- a Gryffindor and an unidentified girl talking. "Hello." she greeted, treading the water to stay afloat.
Back to top Go down
http://bamfbbffs.tumblr.com
Hester Alderman
Fifth Year
Hester Alderman

Cooling Off Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cooling Off   Cooling Off EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 6:20 pm

Hester smiled at the girl she had met in the owlry.
"Did you have a good swim?" she asked, mainly out of politeness. She couldn't understand why someone would do that, swim in the lake, of all places. She wouldn't even go to the pool to swim. She shivered involuntarily at the thought, but made sure that her smile was still firmly plastered on her face.
Back to top Go down
Terry Berbatov
Fourth Year
Terry Berbatov

Cooling Off Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cooling Off   Cooling Off EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 9:13 pm

"not really." Terry frowned, pulling her hair back with a rubber band. "I've been looking for the Squid, but apparently I run out of air about fourteen feet under." She shrugged. "Why don't you come in for a quick dip? It's really nice, with the temperature the way it is."

She quickly dived again, but ran out of air four feet under. Apparently she needed to rest longer.
Back to top Go down
Hester Alderman
Fifth Year
Hester Alderman

Cooling Off Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cooling Off   Cooling Off EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 6:11 am

Hester watched the girl dive again. She shivered and waited for her to surface.

"No thanks," she said when the girl rose again for air. She tried not to sound stand offish. "I-" She wasn't certain that she wanted to say so much. "I can't swim," she said eventually.

She felt embarrassed, just like she had done when her class at primary school had gone for swimming lessons. She had refused to put even a toe in the water, and everyone had laughed at her and called her names. She hoped that the girl wouldn't laugh at her because, although she could deal with bullying, she had hoped for a fresh start here.
Back to top Go down
Terry Berbatov
Fourth Year
Terry Berbatov

Cooling Off Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cooling Off   Cooling Off EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 2:50 pm

"Not to vorry! I'm an excellent teacher. I can teach vou how to swim." Terry said brightly. Pierre was being held up, so she had time to waste.

But then she thought that most purebloods were taught how to swim early on. "Oh, and vhy can't vou swim?" she asked curiously.
Back to top Go down
Hester Alderman
Fifth Year
Hester Alderman

Cooling Off Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cooling Off   Cooling Off EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 5:20 pm

"I don't like the water," said Hester, feeling a little embarrassed. "I never have. I don't even like the bath much. Not deep ones, any way."

She looked at Terry. She looked friendly enough. Also, she had given her the owl kibble. She could trust her, couldn't she? She could trust her to teach her.

But she didn't know her that well. Hester felt anxious. She didn't have any swimming clothes, for starters.

"I've got nothing to wear," she said quietly. "No swimsuit or anything."

Perhaps that would mean she wouldn't have to try? But then she felt almost disappointed. It would be nice to learn.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cooling Off Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cooling Off   Cooling Off Empty

Back to top Go down

Cooling Off
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hogwarts Novitas :: Archived Posts :: January 2011-
Jump to: