Hogwarts Novitas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In a realm of magic, anything is possible.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Novitas! Please read all of the information in the "Starting Out" forum. Hogwarts is now OPEN. Diagon Alley/Hogsmeade will remain open for a week. Happy posting.  - Wizard God

The Hallway

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Vanessa Lopez
First Year
Vanessa Lopez

The Hallway  Empty
PostSubject: The Hallway    The Hallway  EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 12:17 am

Vanessa was currently walking down the hallway on her way to the grounds so she could get her walk, but met a most unsatisfactory situation. She was just about to meet Peeves the Poltergeist. He was a trouble-making ghost at Hogwarts, and it was trouble that she ran into indeed. Just as she was reaching the doubledoors, she happened to walk over a particularly slipper patch of floor, courtesy of Peeves.
Surprised and confused, Vanessa fell with a thump while her belongings were sent sprawling across the floor. Hanging her head she focused on the incredibly difficult task of getting back up on her feet.
Just when she thought she was just about to get enough balance to stand back upright, her hand slipped and she was now face-first against the cold,hard floor. She heard someone cackling from behind her, and she craned her neck an uncomfortable amount to see who it was; it was ghost. Widening her eyes, she said, "Fantastic, this place has ghosts, too"
She was currently too preoccupied with the absurdity of the situation she as in, to worry too much about Hogwarts actually having ghosts;even unfriendly ones.
She didn't know hoe she would get out of this without some help...
Back to top Go down
Hester Alderman
Fifth Year
Hester Alderman

The Hallway  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hallway    The Hallway  EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 6:30 pm

Hester was passing through the hallway when she noticed another Gryffindor sprawled across the floor, her belongings scattered around her.
"Hey," said Hester. "Do you need a hand?" She held out her hand, hoping that the girl would take it and be helped to her feet. She wondered how on earth the girl had got into such a mess.
Back to top Go down
Pierre Korsten
Fourth Year
Pierre Korsten

The Hallway  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hallway    The Hallway  EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 3:55 pm

Pierre was heading out to the Lake for a swim, clad in an old shirt and swimming trunks, towel slung over his shoulder, when he saw two Gryffindor girls fin the middle of the hallway, giving no passing to any other students. "Excuse me, but can you not block the hallway?" he asked, irritated that his swim will be further delayed. Shifting slightly, as he was already growing impatient with them, he glared mildly, wanting to cool off.
Back to top Go down
Hester Alderman
Fifth Year
Hester Alderman

The Hallway  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hallway    The Hallway  EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 6:14 pm

Hester turned around to see a Hufflepuff boy behind her. He was wearing a rather odd assortment of clothes, and she was amused to see the towel over his shoulder. She didn't laugh, though.

"Do you mind?" she snapped, feeling annoyed. "Can't you see she has fallen over!"

She glared at the boy, and then turned back to the girl on the floor.

"Seriously, do you need a hand?" she asked again, concerned that the girl wasn't answering her.
Back to top Go down
Pierre Korsten
Fourth Year
Pierre Korsten

The Hallway  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hallway    The Hallway  EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 9:28 pm

"Yes, I do mind because obviously this girl was foolish enough not to know that Peeves has been rather rambunctious as of late. And, I have to be down by the lake in five minutes to meet my cousin in a search for the Giant Squid's cove." Pierre added. He glared back at the girl, who seemed to be amused by his chosen swimwear. Like she could do better.
Back to top Go down
Hester Alderman
Fifth Year
Hester Alderman

The Hallway  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hallway    The Hallway  EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 6:22 am

"You're going swimming?" Hester asked incredulously. Seriously, what was it with everyone's obsession with swimming? She couldn't think of anything she'd like to do less with her time.

And then she realised that she hadn't even understood part of his sentence.

"Who's Peeves?" she asked curiously. "And what on earth does rambunctious been? I don't believe that it's even a word. And there's a giant squid?! Isn't that dangerous?"

She felt so out of place, and so confused.
Back to top Go down
Pierre Korsten
Fourth Year
Pierre Korsten

The Hallway  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hallway    The Hallway  EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 3:18 pm

"Yes...." Pierre nodded slowly. Really? What else would you do in this beautiful weather?

"Peeves is the school's poltergeist. Didn't you pay attention to the prefects at the beginning of the year? And do you get even more incompetent? Rambunctious's dictionary definition is 'Energetic and difficult to control'." Pierre scowled. Seriously, what kind of parents didn't teach their children correctly? He had an Acceptable average and even HE knew what it meant.

"The Squid is perfectly safe. The Merpeople have an enchantment that keeps it under control and rather friendly." he frowned. Really, was this girl Muggleborn?
Back to top Go down
Hester Alderman
Fifth Year
Hester Alderman

The Hallway  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hallway    The Hallway  EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 5:30 pm

"Well, I'm sor-ry," Hester huffed, glaring at the boy. "Also, I'm not exactly a walking dictionary. They certainly didn't teach that word at my primary school. Although I do remember learning to spell the word aeroplane. And- Wait... There are merpeople?"

She was surprised about all of this new information the boy was spitting out; he was so clearly pureblood. And she felt annoyed, no, not annoyed. She felt angry about being called incompetent. She had listened to the prefects, but not everything stayed in her head. There had been so much new information that she guessed the bit about the poltergeist had slid past her.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Hallway  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hallway    The Hallway  Empty

Back to top Go down

The Hallway
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hogwarts Novitas :: Archived Posts :: January 2011-
Jump to: