Hogwarts Novitas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In a realm of magic, anything is possible.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Novitas! Please read all of the information in the "Starting Out" forum. Hogwarts is now OPEN. Diagon Alley/Hogsmeade will remain open for a week. Happy posting.  - Wizard God

Tortured in pink

Go down 
AuthorMessage
David Oswald
Minister of Magic
David Oswald

Tortured in pink Empty
PostSubject: Tortured in pink   Tortured in pink EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 7:32 pm

David glanced across the street to the sickening décor of the tea shop. He couldn't believe that he had agreed to meet here, he had nightmares about this place and he still couldn't get the memories out of his head from his fifth year at Hogwarts. He hadn't meant to knock the drink all over the poor girl, he had never been able to look at Hannah since that day.

His shoulders were drooped and his head hung, he dragged his feet and looking like a sulking teacher, as he forced his way across the street and up the steps of Madam Puddifoot's Torture Palace. He took a final breath of fresh air, stood up straight, and stepped into the heavily perfumed tea shop.

He thought his eyes may just burn with the amount of pink that had been plastered to the poor room. He eyes scanned the room, quickly passing over the sickening couples, some of which couldn't keep their hands to themselves. He shook his head and reminded himself that this was important business and he would just have to get over it and just keep his mind focused on the business at hand rather than the feeling of the impending doom of being swallowed by the pink frilly monster.

His eyes finally settled at a table where a woman sat in a blue robes with a large feathered hat sat upon her head, it looked as if she had a whole peacock stuck to her head. David sighed and shuffled his way through the multitude of chairs and tables, careful not to accidentally elbow anyone in the back of the head.

"Good afternoon, Madam Beauregarde," he tilted his head in a curt bow, "It's a pleasure to meet with you again. I hope you are well." He took the seat opposite the woman and placed his file on the table in front of them. He just wanted to get things sorted quickly and escape this place.

"Oh Mr Oswald, its a pleasure," the sweet screeching of her voice grated on his ears, why did he have to be the Minister, why hadn't he been a broom maker, or a wand-smith? No, he had to be the Minister of bloody Magic and had to deal with irritating people all the time. "I am very well thank you, now would you like a cup of tea?" David shook his head, "Coffee? Hot Chocolate? Oooh how about a milkshake?"

"Er, no thank you, I'm fine," he shuffled through his papers, "We have a lot to get through, and I would rather just crack on with this."

"Oh shush, have a drink, relax a little," she placed her hand on top of his, "you are a busy man." David's eyes grew wide and stared down at the hand, quickly pulling it away and rubbing his palm on his knee. What is she doing?

"Ahem," he coughed nervously, "I know that's why we must get on, otherwise this European goblin monetary system is going to collapse, something we do not want to happen." David was beginning to feel more and more uncomfortable under the woman's gaze, Madam Beauregarde was the French Liaison for the French Ministry's Banking Office and the woman was a good 15 years older than David, that's if he was being kind.

Suddenly he felt something graze his leg and David couldn't stand it any more, he leapt up from the table, "I'm sorry, excuse me, I've just remember, I have to deal with a Hippogriff problem, on the West Coast, something to do with an umbrella, pumpkin and a stapler," he stumbled over an excuse, and hurried off. After knocking into a couple who were joined at the face, he turned back flicked his wand at the table, summoning his files and scurried out of the pink torture shop. Glancing over his shoulder he saw the shocked face beneath the hat of feathers, and shivered. One more reason for him to avoid this place. Next time he would just send Peter, he could deal with the woman. Any one could deal with that woman just as long as it was David himself.

He took a breath of the clean fresh air and decided that although it was only early afternoon, he could do with a drink and headed for the Three Broomsticks.
Back to top Go down

Tortured in pink
Page 1 of 1